Multiple Explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by devilonthetownhallroof, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Seriously? You don't need a terrorist organization to pull this kind of thing off. Any Special Forces could EASILY do this.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We have no idea who did this. It'll take days and weeks for us to figure out who did this. If you remember the World Trade Center bombing in '93 and Oklahoma City in '95 you'll remember that the confusion was incredible for the first couple of days.

We'll figure it out eventually, but there's no amount of analyzing that we can do from the sidelines that's going to be productive right now.

For a couple of days in '93 I seriously thought it might be Serbs behind the bombing because of Bosnia. The same thought crossed my mind in '95. The first turned out to be Arab jihadi's and the second American militia members.

3. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

This has domestic written all over it. Like maybe some gun nut trying to prove you don't need guns to do damage. I don't know,thats the 1st thing that came to mind. either way,assholes who pull off these chickenshit acts like to be named,so we will find out who and why soon enough.

7. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Agree with your points Type but if it looks like a rat..smells like a rat...usually a rat.

Until anyone shows me the possibility that this is domestic Im thinking 100 percent not. Everything from the detonators potentially used down ....signals that things bought for a bomb like this are just below the criteria of tracing...why you end up with a bomb that did very localized damage.

Has to be middle east..and with how easy it is to build such a simple bomb..this looks like the future of terrorism in this country. Hope not..but this seemed to stay just below security precautions form beginning to end.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't know. It seems like if Al Qaeda were behind this then they would aim for maximum casualties. There were many obvious ways to kill a lot more people than what was done.

This seems like someone trying to send a message of some sort rather than an Al Qaeda level operation. I'd bet whoever did this is off the "normal" terrorist radar.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't think Al Qaeda however it could be someone like the dope in the attempted Times Square Bombing who likes their ideaology and wants to gain acceptance.

My gut tells me this is domestic but there are far too many motives to even speculate why.

11. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

The reason why some countries enlist the assistance of so-called terrorist organizations is because using their own military or government forces would be an act of war.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think if they did it they would have claimed it already but who knows? they will find out who did it eventually and there's not a punishment too severe for those folks.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

these days, even domestic may have origins across the globe.....

u wonder if this was initially pegged for the NYC marathon.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If it was Al-Qaeda I guess we would have known by now right?

They like to gloat but no voice from them this time.

#134 Brook!, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  15. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the same thing. Domestic is starting to sound more and more likely to me.

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Didn't "that baptist church I refuse to call by its name" get exposed for just doing this stuff for publicity/trying to incite people to retaliate so they can file lawsuits? Treat them like the trolls they are and don't give them any publicity.

17. varjao

varjao Member

Seems to me that it was really a domestic act

18. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

That is real possible.

The one thing that is amazing so far is that watching the last press conference, they truly have no real idea. Could be wrong but they seemed to ask for help around 7 times during the conference which is unusual in cases like this. I really expected to wake up this morning and hear they have someone in custody or an idea..doesnt seem to be the case.

Which would make what I thought less likely. Like EDGE said, they love to get their name out when things like this happen...perhaps a change in strategy with more things to come? Not trying to be a downer but its puzzling that there really is no concrete directioin right now.

19. displacedfan

Yeah they are asking for all the photos/videos out there to review. They won't comment on if anyone is in custody or not or if anyone is being questioned. Who knows at this point. They still suspect it was a backpack or something placed in a garbage can, so I don't know how with a crowd so big you could figure out

20. displacedfan

The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe 1m
    RT @cconaboy: MGH surgeon believes the bombs were packed with pellets or nails -- items meant to harm. Some have 30 or more in their...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.