Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

You can compare Sanchez to any failed QB in this league but you can't compare him to a good QB.

The fact that his name is being discussed in any trade is positive sign that we don't have to see this piece of shit clown behind center.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I think we can all admit the front office and coaching staff did a horrible job with Sanchez also I meant say as good as Wilson without the ability to run the read option.

However I do think he's like a car with a blown transmission you can fix it but its just better to buy a brand new car

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Whats to fix? Sanchez was only "good" because he could hide behind a solid running attack and a strong defense. Yes he had a couple games that he looked "Fantastic", but just about every QB who's ever played the game for more than a year or two has had a couple of really good games.

The fact is Sanchez has never been nothing but a mediocre QB, How bad he is only became really apparent when the talent level around him dropped....but his base line stats barely changed....in short, he's just an inaccurate QB who makes a lot of bad decisions when given the choices.

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

LOL, ok......so I blow the transmission. If I spent $30,000 on the car and it's a 2009, and it costs 2K to replace the trans, well , what am I going to do, junk the car and spend another 30k?

In Marks case, you spend a #1 draft pick - and from where I stand if you want to say the transmission blew, that would have to include the WR's, TE, RB and 1-2 OL's. Not to mention Mr. Sanchez himself.

So you dump Sanchez, when he was not the only problem, and you look for a replacement, that will step right, like buying a car - jump right in and drive away?

I wish it was that easy....so suppose you name a QB that the Jets have that can be that 'new automobile? McElroy, Garrard? idk....

5. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

A more apt analogy is that you spent $30,000 on a car in 2009 and found out that it had design flaws. You dumped a whole bunch of money into the car to keep it running but it just keeps breaking down. The car is defective. It's time to admit to yourself that you were ripped off and move on with life. Better to drive a cheap Toyota that runs (Mcelory, Garrard) then your expensive, defective car that can only sit and the driveway, leak oil, and take up space.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is what I call the Lebron James argument. It's easy to compare to basketball. Lebron pus the game away in 3.5 quarters so it doesn't come down to the final 5 minutes, and instead the Heat cruise to a victory. Lebron shows no "clutchness" but there has to be a value in ending the game and putting it out of reach so there is no need for clutch times.

Compare this to someone like Rudy Gay. Rudy Gay goes 4-20 in the game, and his missed shots keep the other team close in the 4th quarter. He hits his last shot a buzzer beater, to go 5/21 and win the game for his team. He showed "clutchness", but the reason the game was close was because he kept on missing before finally making one.

The whole game is important. It's nice to win a game late, but it's also nice to seal the deal so it never has to be close. Is clutch really more important than beating a team so there is no close game based on a bounce here or there at the end?

Add in the fact that you need a working, expensive nice car to succeed and this kind of is working.

7. BomberJet

^LOL, you people are real pieces of work!!! Very quick to pull the trigger, make the judgment, hang the guiltless start all over again.

Ever watch the movie, "The Ox-bow Incident"? Watch it, you may learn something, then, just as now as you view the stats I have included below to compare 2 QB's first 4 seasons in pro football. The top stat is obviously Mark's. The bottom another well known QB.

Now, you may wonder after looking at these stats - which is uncanny in it's similarities, "what is the big deal, they both suck!" Yes they do, I agree, they both do. But, there is something in those stats that cannot be determined or judged upon except to make a snap decision and oust that QB before he reaches the 5th yr. And that is, that that QB went on to win a Superbowl the 5th year. Now this is just one example I simply took 5 minutes to investigate. How many more are out there similar to this comparison? I wouldn't doubt they do exist.

Not only are people so quick to jump to conclusions, but the worst of is that they can't see the forest from the trees, no matter what facts are put out in front of them. Once they see who that other QB is, they'll still want Sanchez booted out of town.......because , so sad.....you can lead a horse to water......

________Comp___Att______Pc___Yds______Avg________TD_____Int_____Sck___SckY_Rate
    2012 ____246____453___54.3______2,883______6.4_____13_____18____34_____209____66.9
    2011____308____543____56.7______3,474______ 6.4____26_____18____39_____243____78.2
    2010____278____507____54.8______3,291______6.5_____17_____13____27_____171____75.3
    2009____196____364____53.8______2,444______6.7_____12_____20____26_____195____63.0
    TOTAL___1,028____1,867__55.1/Avg__12,092____6.5____68_____69____126_____818____71.7

______________Comp__ Att____Pct_______Yds_______Avg____TD_____Int____Sck____SckY__ Rate
    4th yr_________187____380____49.2______3,147______ 8.3____15_____17_____15_____12_____72.1
    3rd yr_________258____491____52.5______4,007______8.2____26_____ 28_____26_____261____73.8
    2nd yr_________232____471____49.3______3,379______7.2____19_____27_____0______0______62.6
    1st yr_________164____340____48.2______2,220______ 6.5____18_____15_____0______0_____ 68.
    ______TOTAL___ 841___1,682___49.8/Avg___12,753_____7.55___78_____87_____41____273___ _69.3

#6527 BomberJet, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  8. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

SO QB 5 is Joe Flacco?

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Nevermind...

#6529 ArmandJ, Apr 13, 2013
  10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yep. Lebron goes out there and puts up a triple double and you still have people saying it wasn't enough. What? It isn't enough to be involved in half of your team's points?

Obviously when you go up against tough teams you are going to have close games so you need to be able to make a drive "when it matters". But on the other hand it is absurd to give a QB a "clutch" label for a late game drive with "the season on the line" when he played pretty bad for most of a game. What...was the season not on the line the first 3 quarters of a PLAYOFF game? But turn around and not give a QB a clutch label for a game he puts in the bag before the 4th quarter. The QB goes into a playoff game knowing the season is on the line so every damn TD he throws in the playoffs is clutch IMO. I think a QB who shits the bed for an entire half of a playoff game, digging himself a hole is deserving of a choker label too. We as fans act like the QB is thinking "Oh I'm not even trying this first half because I'm winning this shit in the end". LOL

#6530 BeastBeach, Apr 13, 2013
  11. BomberJet

Talk about flawed analogy. When exactly did the Jets dump a whole bunch of money to support Mark to keep him 'running'? The RB, WR. OL was more of stop gap measures. Heck, they had to admit their mistakes for one by re-signing B. Edwards. What happen to Thomas Jones? I could go on , but please think of something better. That car replacement comparison is lame.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You can't compare QB's from different eras.

Any QB that had as bad a first couple of years as Terry Bradshaw (not the guy above) would be run out of town on a rail. Even in Cleveland.

The guy you listed above played in an era when the AFL completed 45-47% of passes. His numbers were above average in each year listed above.

His offense ranked 3rd and 2nd in his 3rd and 4th years.

It's just not the same thing.

However if you require convincing we could work out all of the context in play and figure out where Mark Sanchez numbers would have been based on that context. For starters Sanchez is about 7 points below the NFL average completion percentage for his career. That would make him at about 38-39% completion percentage in those days. He'd probably have 35 interceptions in his worst years and 28-29 in the average year.

13. BomberJet

You can't systematically swap one QB with another in different eras and expect entirely different results. If the QB has the same physical attributes, that can't be overlooked. Nor can you predict that the outcome will be the same. Shea Stadium was not the best place for a football team to play in, I give you that.

Just as pilot Joseph Albert Walker who set altitude records that are still intact to this day,
    is there any today that can challenge it? Yes, emphatically, because the human anatomy is still the only thing we have to go by.

I don't buy the argument, that an athlete in any era will fair better or worse if put in another era. No one except God can predict that.

And BTW, those stats have nothing to do with comparing different eras. The point was to show what 1 year difference can make if patience was all it took to get that far. Do the Jets have that trait to give Sanchez another year to work it out? I think they have to.

If I may also add, not to give away my age, but I do recall that 4th year when that QB really stunk the place up. The local newspapers were
    very critical and relentless as to his performance. Imagine at that time if the internet existed what threads like this would be posting. Fans didn't care about other teams situations or comparisons in favor of. They wanted results then, as the same today.

#6533 BomberJet, Apr 13, 2013
  14. Montana

Montana Member

A more apt and relevant comparison would be Sanchez and Eli's first 4 regular seasons....

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That QB was the co-MVP that year and an All-Pro. I'm thinking you're talking about something else.

His 4th year was indeed not as impressive as his 3rd but he lead the #2 ranked offense that year and did indeed win the MVP award. Among other feats that year that ring down through the ages.

Comparing Mark Sanchez to a guy who was clearly seen as a top QB is just a useless exercise. You can't make any valid points when the guy you are pointing to in this "disappointing" season led a good offense and was named MVP at the end of the season.

Just as an earth to BomberJet moment: Mark Sanchez is a very bad QB right now. You can make all sorts of arguments about why he is bad but you cannot get around the fact that he was among the worst QB's in the NFL last year and that the degeneration to that status started about mid-season in 2011. He was never a good QB by the commonly understood measures of that status but for a season and a half now give or take a few games he has been flat out bad.

The guy you are comparing him too was never as bad as Sanchez has been even in his late career when other factors had really crippled his ability to be a plus player.

#6535 Br4d, Apr 13, 2013
  16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

The problem is Franchise QB's are suppose to elevate the players around them not be so dependent on them being great. And I know injuries hurt us last year but Mark has to show a ton of mental improvements, he has the skills to play in the NFL but he fails in the mental aspect a ton.

Fix that and then we have a chance to make things happen

17. Not only does he need to be more mentally sharp, he also has to show some toughness as a leader. I don't care what is reported out of Florham Park. There is no way Sanchez has been the emotional leader or field general of this team over the last 4 years. If you're gonna struggle w/ accuracy & ball security..you better damn well bring something intangible. Does Mark bring anything intangible? Aside from pouting of course.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Yes he's a big game QB remember? He led the team to two AFC final losses.

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Really ? How many were 4-2 in 6 playoff games ?

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

And they lost those games because he played lousy, right ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.