NBC Sports: Chris Ivory Visits Jets (Update: Traded to Jets for 4th round pick)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SienaSaints, Apr 13, 2013.

1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/51525747

Did not see this posted here. Lots of people love what Ivory has done in New Orleans and he could be a good pairing with Mike Goodson. Would hope they would be able to work out a trade for him instead of giving up a second round pick though.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

If we get a 3rd in the Revis trade I wouldn't mind giving it to the Saints for Ivory... or a 4th...

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If he's a restricted free agent who's been tendered, we have to give something up.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I love the way this guy runs. It would be a pisser to give up a 2nd rounder though.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Many of us like this guy,,,I posted months go thati would want him but now we must see at what price ?

6. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Niiice. The news just keeps getting better and better. Goodson, Ivory and McKnight would be a decent stable. Lots of underrated talent.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Im surprised they used a 2nd round tender on an under-utilized RB. If they keep him, don't they have to pay him a lot of money now?

8. SienaSaints

Better than Greene, Powell, McKnight.

9. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Definitely.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's a UDFA with an injury history who has never played a full season in the NFL or college.

I admire what he's done for the Saints but you need more than that out of a high draft pick. If the Jets trade for him they are saying that something is going to change for him that makes him more likely to play his first full season in the last 6. It's unclear to me what that could possibly be.

Mike Goodson is a similar case. I don't think you want two of those guys around as the answer at RB. That's the path to Bilal Powell getting a bunch of carries next year.

11. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I don't think Ivory is "the answer." But this is basically a stopgag year until 2014 and he is not bad. Injuries and all, he is a talented runner. Same goes for Goodson. Obviously the trade won't happen if we don't get a boatload from TB, but if we do, why not take a chance? The guy can actually run with speed and power, something we haven't had since Jones was in the building.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

No way do the Jets throw away a second rounder for him. He's a good all-purpose back, but we have other needs. Maybe a trade come draft day?

13. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Maybe. I don't think we're going to break the bank for that cat, especially since it would have to happen by the 19th. But draft day, anything's possible.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

i'd like him here if we didn't have to trade for him (unless the package includes Sanchez)

15. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I like the kid a lot but I agree we won't give up a 2nd or a 3rd for him. I look at it like this, would I rather have Ivory or Lattimore?

Because it's going to take about the same to get either and even with the injury I would rather have Latt. I say that with the caveat that we are actually interested in Latt and plan to move on him sooner than later. If not and he's not on Idzik's radar, I like Ivory and think he would be a good addition.

16. SienaSaints

So if they are getting Ivory they are not giving up their 2nd round pick. Goodson and Ivory could be like thunder and lightning for the Jets. If they can pick him up for a late round pick and then with one of the Revis picks draft Tavon and then Eiffert, is that enough offensive talent?

#16 SienaSaints, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Big fan of this guy. Id trade a 4th for him, no higher than that tho the picks are too important.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Nice nice nice. Make it happen for a 4th and I am a happy guy

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Not the two most durable guys in the world though... but I'd like a Goodson, Ivory, Powell backfield!

Also finally we can consiedr Joe McKnight for what he is... a ST guy + a jolly on O.

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I like Ivory, but there is a lot of depth in this draft especially rounds 2-4.
    Not sure i'd be up for trading any picks.