Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Tanny screwed Sanchez up I think we can all agree on that

He replaced

Thomas Jones with Shonn Greene- fail
    Alan Faneca with Matt Slauson- fail
    Damien Woody with Wayne Hunter- fail

On top of that never got an edge rusher to develop, a cover safety, a versatile running back or dual threat TE to help Sanchez grow. Along with pairing him with poor offensive coaching.

Sanchez came in with raw talent, he can throw the ball well but wasn't taught how to play the QB position the right way, mix in that with Tebow coming in and you have a recipe for disaster with any QB

Sanchez could be right up there with the best young QB's in the game right now but sadly his confidence and shot and he's peaked. There's no reason he couldn't be just as good as Russell Wilson with the ability to run the read-option.

Sanchez went into Foxboro and beat Brady thats something I'll always love him for

2. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i have a feeling mark will do just fine in mornhinwegs system. im not saying hes gonna be great but i think he will be better than he has been at any point in his career.

that statement is very telling of how much i have disliked the previous two oc's haha schotty should have never been given a shot with rex let alone 3 years, and sparano had some good run designs but that was about it, not to mention all the injuries

its just ridiculous that people dont even want to give him a shot with a proven coordinator who is miles above the previous how many?

also i wouldnt worry about the trade stuff, too much money involved one, and two its not really the most reliable report, that already has detractors

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

You easily point out all the negatives, that is very obvious. All well and fine , but I'm not going to sit here write 10 paragraphs to debate that argument to you. You've convinced yourself Mark is not a QB; then who took them to the AFC championship 2 years in a row, Johnny Unitas? You described Mark succinctly for 2012, of course his down year. But that wasn't the case in 2009, 2010. I've seen many QB"s go through the same experience. If you have no recievers to throw, a RB that can't catch the ball and the OL breaks down is that the QB's fault? Not to mention the disappearing act by the TE Keller week to week.

So your description of Mark only goes as far back as 2012, it looks to me. Shame, because I recall just a few years before that, and I sure had fond memories of those AFC playoffs. And hoping that will be the case , with Mark, in 2013.

#6503 BomberJet, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  4. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Nacho should have never been drafted by the Jets. Not with the pick slot they took him at, and that is very evident. He didn't "lead" or "take" the team to 2 consecutive championship games, he just happened to be on a team that would have made it that far as long as the qb didn't give games away. If we had any other qb in the top 10 in the league we may have won the Super Bowl. Nacho is not a leader on our team. He wasn't ready to lead then and he doesn't appear ready now. I guess another year of mediocre qb play won't hurt in a rebuilding year. Jeff Garcia's comment about Tebow is pure B.S! If him being on the team distracted him from play, then he sure wont produce when the pressure is on him to lead the team. Nacho should relish the idea of Tebow as a teammate, not whine wimper and cower because of it. Nacho is a puss plain and simple.

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You don't think Favre was motivated to win in NY? We were 8-3 and just beat an undefeated Titans team ... and in position to win a divison without Tom Brady. You don't think he wanted to keep winning? Explain it to me ... he had his best stretch of football in November, as you just said ... and then what did he do? ... wake up on December 1st with the last 5 games between him and a division title, and he stopped caring? This is what you're saying?
    Ridiculous.

Also ridiculous to act as if an injury which required offseason surgery to repair ... after which he played like an All-Pro again ... didn't effect his level of play down the stretch. A guy with an All-time great arm, suddenly couldn't throw the ball 20 yards, but the injury wasn't the reason?

It's pretty funny that you to call a legitimate Favre injury requiring surgery an "excuse" ... but you have no problem making upwards of 100 posts containing "reasons" for why Sanchez has been the worst QB in football.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I got still got faith in Mark Sanchez and Santonio Holmes

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Oh boy, Sanchez's psyche must be really damaged now :(

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

For those people who think Sanchez is going to have a 'BOUNCE BACK YEAR, Y'ALL' that's wishful thinking.

There is a greater chance of the Jags going 12-4 than there is of Sanchez rebounding from this abysmal year to make the playoffs.

Making excuses for him helps nobody and is part of the reason why we are where we are today.

9. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Here's the thing Sanchez supporters don't seem to grasp ...
    He didn't take us to two AFCCG's.
    In 2009 it was 90% Running game and Defense. He played awful all year.
    In 2010 it was 70% Running game and Defense. He played better and we had some hope for the future.
    We could have / would have gotten to those AFCCG'swith just about any other QB in the league playing in his place.

As a fan base, we were "satisfied" with his play in 2010 because is was supposed to be a stepping stone to a higher place. Now you guys are looking back nostalgically hoping he can return to that level ... As if he was one of the better QB's in the league. The fact is, he was still among the worst. You guys seem to agree that was his ceiling, and he'll never be a top QB but we'll be just fine with play like that.

In 2010 we could live with it, because it was supposed to be a brief stopover. Now you guys want to settle down there and raise a family. No thanks. The rest of us want to keep moving' on up!

Sanchez has already played in the league and retired. His name was Trent Dilfer. He got dragged across the finish line by the Ravens, the same way you want the Jets to drag Sanchez. He was cut about 10 minutes later because it was obvious to them that he wasn't a legit QB and it's way too hard to win that way. And btw ... it was 100x easier to win with a guy like that in 2000, and they STILL had enough sense to cut him loose. In 2013 it's next to impossible to win with a guy like that but you guys want to embrace him as our future. Unbelievable.

It's a passing league.
    This isn't 1970. Or even 2000. You NEED a top level QB to win.
    You think that guy is Mark Sanchez? NO THANKS.

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

When you log onto the site there is an article that refers to Sanchez as a 'first round bust signal caller'

hahahahaha..

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i wonder if they fawned over rex grossman like this in chicago?

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If Sanchez was born a decade earlier he could have made a living bouncing from team to team as a starter. Guys like Chris Chandler, Elvis Grbac, Vinny T etc are basically Sanchez type players.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Vinny was huge for his time. We forget how impressive he was physically. 6'5" 235 was just a massive QB when Vinny was drafted in the 80's. His arm strength was among the best in the game. He threw a beautiful deep ball.

He came onto a terrible team and sucked all over the place and then became a great plug and play QB for a bunch of teams that had failed in the franchise QB derby.

If the Jets could have plugged a 33 year old Vinny into the 09 and 10 squads they probably win a Super Bowl, maybe both years.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I definitely still believe Holmes is a dynamic and CLUTCH football player. If he stays healthy I think he'll have a huge year, he was actually doing well in 2012 before the injury.

I dunno about Sanchez. I think he will flop, but I want to be wrong.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That's my point though Sanchez just like Vinny are underachievers. But with the lack of quality QB's in the NFL throughout the 90's. Guys like Vinny got other opportunities to start. I'm not denying his talents but he never put it together CONSISTENTLY until his 98 season with the Jets.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I stopped being a Sanchez supporter after last year debacle but I'm still of the opinion that his setback was driven by many factors not the least of which was immaturity and lack of coaching ability to HELP HIM DEVELOP into an NFL QB.
    First and foremost. He did not have a decent QB coach, he did not have an OC that played to his strengths, he did not have a HC or GM that understood what Sanchez necessitated to grow and be successful, and to top it off he was provided with an inferior supporting cast, diminishing two areas of strenght for us, the OL and running game.
    Secondly, the arrival of Sparano, Tebow, the laughter called ground and pound, the idiotic offensive schemes, the wild cat worthless incorporation, the total lack of player continuity in offense, and the injuries added to an already fragile development curve that totally screwed Sanchez up.
    I'm not going to spend time defending Sanchez but, for a QB we knew going in needed a lot of help to grow into the system, what the HO did was simply unforgivable. We helped him fail.
    Lets hope the new regime can see that and really evaluate what Sanchez can or can not do for us. 2013 will tell what he can become.

17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

That one sentence tells it all - another one that has convinced himself - not matter the facts presented. Lets just assume Mark was average , at best - he was rated 15th in the NFL by one source. So, based on that we can accept that the 14 ahead of him to be able to take the Jest further? And the 14 behind him, to fall short?

And your saying "Just about any other"? Well, it sounds like 95% to me, lol. But 'any other' to you, I guess we can include Trent Edwards or Jake Delhomme, Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford in that mix to take the Jets to the AFCG.

Oh, well...

#6517 BomberJet, Apr 13, 2013
  18. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Trying to trade him to TB is gonna cause him issues.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Drafting a real QB prospect will also cause issues. Basically there are going to be issues around Mark Sanchez no matter what the Jets do at this point unless they just let him win the QB competition again and go into his 5th season trying to prove he belongs in the NFL.

Most players careers don't last 5 seasons. Why you would give a guy a 5th year after his first 4 looked sub par is beyond me.

20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Yeah, its all the coaching fault he sucks. Right! Have you even watched Russell Wilson play? Sanchez its not a good running threat and the read option requires a fast QB. Have fun loving Sanchez for beating Brady in Foxboro years and years ago when hes playing for Tampa Bay soon.

#6520 94Abraham, Apr 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.