Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

not even sure what you are talking about here

there is no blaming one side or the other in a close game. there is however, saying, if the defense got that stop, the team would have had a chance to score, and because the d failed, the offense never got that chance. and when that happens, you dont at the same time turn around and say, the offense sucks cause they didnt just win the game earlier by scoring a ton of points.

2. AlToon

AlToon Member

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

People have said the D was primarily to blame in games in which the offense performed terrible overall and the D performed well overall but allowed a drive at the end.. I think that is silly

#6463 BeastBeach, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If Sanchez gets traded, Idzik deserves a statue.

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I hate the idea of trading Revis but getting rid of Sanchez and his salary would be pretty huge. Not to mention it would prove Hobbes wrong again on another 2 more things he guaranteed. That the Jets would not get more than a 2nd rounder for Revis and Sanchez would be the opening day starter. I would recomend investing and betting the opposite of whatever Hobbes said on these boards. I have never seen anyone who is more consistently wrong about everything they say in my 49 years. The man should be commended for his amazing consistency. It is a talent.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I've called it since day 1 and I'm calling it again,

Idzik will be the best thing that has happened to this franchise!

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'm not religious but I'd start praying to Lord Idzik Christ every night.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

this is not good news for us if this happens.

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I don't know where his heart was, but if he didn't get hurt who knows what we could have done in 2008. In fact, if that imbecile didn't text his dick to Jenn Sterger maybe he would have stayed around for a while. Maybe part of the reason he left town was because he saw the shitstorm coming.

Now that I think about it ... If she agreed to fuck him every now and then, he probably stays in NY for the 2009 season and we win the damn Superbowl!

Goddamn you Jenn Sterger!! You fucked it up for all of us!!!
    Why couldn't you just take one for the team???

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he was FINE, the injury was an excuse. He got hurt in October and had his only quality stretch of football in November. He didn't want to be here, we saw what a hungry, motivated Favre could do the next season in Minny.

13. Falco21

If we designate him as June 1st, once June 1st hits his cap charge will reduce to $12.353 million and we will take the $4.8 million balance as a charge in 2014.

Any which way you put it, we take a huge hit. He's not going anywhere

14. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

yeh dude wanted to be in min from the get go, but the packers traded him to the jets. i think its very possibly he didnt care about the outcome of the season because he thought he was going to go to min the next year anyway.

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If he is traded we save his $8 million salary this year while his dead money accelerates but we still save a net $8 million in cap space over the next two years. So yes it is a pretty huge benefit in getting someone to take him off our hands.

16. DBWarren23

DBWarren23 Active Member

17. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

So in a 324 page thread about Sanchez sucking with multiple users wishing he was off our team, a proposal comes saying that Sanchez will be taken off our hands and...we're still complaining?

I'm surprised people haven't been popping champagne bottles over this.

18. Falco21

We would take a HUGE hit:

A trade before June 1 would trigger an immediate cap charge of $8.9 million, along with any portion of the $8.25 million in guaranteed salary that the Jets would have to pay in order to make the trade happen. If, for example, the Jets ship Sanchez to TB and the Jets agree to pay $5.25 million of the base salary while the Bucs pay the remaining $3 million, the total cap hit for the Jets would be $14.15 million.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Ehh I think it is a big stretch to think that at 8-3 a competitor like Favre wouldn't be motivated by the possibility of another Lombardi. I know he wanted to play for Minny but he could have gotten that either way the next year, SB or no. He would have looked like a douchebag but since when has he cared about that lmao.

20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Under your scenario yes it would be an extra $5.9 million this year, a $8.9 million saving next year and a $3 million net savings over 2 years. Although there was nothing in the article that indicated the jets would pay part of his salary but that could be the end result. But regardless of how much of Sanchez's salary is taken by Tampa whether its a $1 or $8.25 million its a net gain for the Jets over 2 years. The Jets can always move money in another players contract from this year to next year to create room. The important thing about dumping Sanchez besides the benefit of him being off the roster is the long term net cap savings.

What is great about including Sanchez in the deal is the total possible savings over 2 years. We take hit on Revis when we trade him which I believe is a net $3 million this year as it has been reported we can pass on all $3 million of his roster bonuses to the new team. Not sure the gain next year but I am guessing it is around $9 million, We then lose 700k this year on Sanchez but gain $8.9 million in space next year. Meaning we end up with an additional $18 million or savings next year while losing between 3-4 million this year or net gain of over $14 million over 2 years. A Pretty huge amount of savings.

#6480 Noam, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.