Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

and you cant say he should have played better in the first half, to score more points and not put the defense in that position because thats not how football works. you get two halves to sort your shit out, and at the end of the game whoever has the most points wins. many games are won and lost in the final two minutes

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Sorry but I think you contradicted yourself. You say you have 2 halves to sort your shit out.

No football game has ever been won or lost in the final 2 minutes. 58 minutes are more important than 2, no matter what ESPN might say about it. That game is a good example. Peyton didn't need to make a late drive in the final 2 min because the game was in the bag. He doesn't get a "clutch" label for it. But his team won.

3. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

are we not talking about the failure of the defense to stop the steelers at the end of the 2010 afc championship game?

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

BeastBeach is less of a troll than someone who jokes that Sanchez will be around for 17 more years.

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Not that I was aware of. And if we were, leading your offense to 3 first half points is not ideal. That game wasn't all on him but I feel that it is crazy to put it primarily on the D when you score 3 in the first half and give 7 to the other team by way of fumble. If Sanchez leads the O to more than 3 and/or doesn't fumble away 7 then the Jets may have a Lombardi.

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

how can you possibly say that no game has ever been won in the final two minutes. are you just fucking with me at this point?

its a timed game, things happen at the end that win or lose games depending on the score.

7. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

yeh, if the jets scored more points, they would have won the game. but thats not how the game played out, and in the final moments, the jets had a chance to win.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Teams have scored points in the final 2 minutes to put their team ahead at the end. Fact

There are also 58 other minutes than can render those last 2 meaningless if a team performs well enough. Fact

I think the problem is we have a different meaning of what "winning a game" is. I am of the opinion that a team can score in the final 2 minutes. That score may be the most important score of the game, but they didn't "win the game" in those final 2 minutes. It is a cumulative effort.

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Right. That isn't how the game played out. And they lost. Had it played out differently, they could have won. Isn't that what we're doing here? Analyzing the game? Looking at who did what in that 60 minute time frame and trying to figure out what needs to happen to make sure it doesn't happen again(in your case). Why take a snapshot at the end and say well this or that unit played poorly in that 2 minutes so they get majority blame. Seems silly to me. But that's me.

10. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

you are attempting to play some stupid semantics game. fact

i dont care enough to continue arguing with someone who is clearly just looking for anything to try and counter

11. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol ok. That is not what I'm doing at all but OK.

I think analyzing football is more than who happens to make a play late in the game. Yes it is important. Yes it may even be the most important play. But that doesn't mean that we act like that determines which unit is at fault. And I doubt coaches do either.

I don't say the DB on the Broncos "lost the game" for them when Peyton could have played better. I don't think the Ravens "won the game" on that play. I think the plays they made leading up to that point "won the game" for them too.

12. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

its not a snapshot

why does the defense not get blame for allowing 24 first half points? why does the offense get no credit for coming back and having a chance to win the game after a 24-3 halftime score? as the game played out, the result depended on the play of the defense in the final minutes of the game. if the defense put up, and the offense didnt score, then they would be to blame, but you cant blame the unit that didnt get the chance, when there was ample time left to score.

last time engaging.

yes, we are analyzing what happened in the game, and that means that at the end of the game, there was a chance for the jets to win if the defense could give the offense the ball back.

no semantics are going to chance those circumstances. thats why people place more blame on the defense than the offense. obviously the team didnt play well enough to win, because they lost, but, with how the game played out, the offense certainly played well enough to give us a shot.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Nice dodge. Can you please answer a simple question: Namath or Sanchez?

What did Namath's being "overrated" have to do with this? Well, if you had simply answered the question, it would''ve put your assessment of Sanchez into context and given greater clarity in choosing one over the other.

Let's try this again: Namath or Sanchez?

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

But why do we get to question why the D didn't get a stop late in the game but questioning why the O didn't score more in the first half or not give away points on turnovers is off limits? Why do we only get to play the "if" game for the final 2?

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Joe is 70 years old so I'd take Sanchez.

16. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

[​IMG]

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Now Jeff Garcia who has been tutoring Mark Sanchez on the west coast offense is telling us what roster moves to make:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ia-says-new-york-jets-trade-release-tim-tebow

"If there's going to be competition at the quarterback position, it's not going to come from Tim Tebow," Garcia told the newspaper in San Diego, where he works as a quarterback instructor. "Having Tebow there (last season) just became a distraction, more of a circus show.

"It's their decision, but from an outsider looking in, having Tebow there doesn't bring anything positive. It just brings distraction. For Mark, the main competition is going to be David Garrard and Greg McElroy."

"When you're a quarterback, you don't need artificial competition and it's not fair to Tim to put him through that," Garcia said. "If there's a place for Tim that gives him a chance to be a contributor in an offense with another team, let him go be that guy."

Sounds like Mark is talking through Jeff Garcia here. Nice.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Once Sanchez gets cut, he'll have all the legit competition he wants in FA

19. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

How would this have helped? Sanchez's main flaws are decision making as it related to game situation and accuracy, and I doubt holding the clipboard would have made them better.

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

McElroy blows. I thinks that's something we can all agree on...maybe. I wanted to like him after he bailed us out that game but then he got his chance and was a sitting duck back there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.