Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What? If he is still on the team after 2013 Mark will have earned it. You would rather start all over again with another bust? Do i have start the list of Jet Qbs again Sanchez is the best we have had.

Maybe we should be the Bills and just rotate Qbs every three years.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Samchez is the most talented QB weve had since OBrien.

But hes also one of the greenest to come out in a long time. You have to expect growing pains.

But...go back and rewatch the NE game from 2010. The Pats rarely ask Brady to throw outside and down, a large percentage of his throws are between the hash marks.

Get Sanchez an OC, and some healthy weapons, then we can see what he can be.

Can he be the guy that beat Brady in his own house, week in and week out..,,we just dont know.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Never said Tebow was great, he just didn't get a chance. I believe in being concise and on point, you however have to write a book when you post. We have different ideas on how this team should be, but we are still fans of Gang Green.

P.S. When Rex and Mark are tag teaming Michelle, does Mark ever hit the right hole?

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There isn't a NFL team currently on the planet who would draft Mark Sanchez in front of Vinny T. The guy was an absolute beast talent wise. Pennington would be picked ahead of Sanchez coming out. He was far better equipped to lead an NFL team than Sanchez.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You are right about Vinny, in the history of the game there haven't been many more physically gifted QBs than Vinny. Unfortunately his production rarely matched those gifts or he'd be a HOFer.

I'm guessing he meant drafted Jets QB though.

Mark would be drafted ahead of Chad, I wish we could combine the best traits of both guys though.

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Sanchez did alright in the Pats game at their place last year. If you don't mind the terrible interception and the fumble (SURPRISE, SURPRISE) to end the game. I won't deny that he did pretty good in the playoff game.

However, you are in the slim minority. At a guess, 95 percent of fans are tired of Sanchez and don't realistically expect him to do better. You're part of the five percent. If he starts next year, we will definitely not make the playoffs. Plain and simple. You're letting your love for him cloud the fact that he is pretty awful

#6346 ArmandJ, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sanchez wouldn't have been drafted ahead of Pennington. Not a chance. Pennington was a 4 year star in college. Much more polished and much more of a finished product than Sanchez.

In recent years, QBs have been put with a higher premium on than in 2000. That's why we see guys like Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, etc. drafted earlier than they should. I don't think that was the case in 2000.

Pennington fell to 18th because that draft was stacked. 12 of the first 17 players selected went onto at least one pro bowl selection. Sanchez would've been a second or third rounder that year.

Had Pennington came out in Sanchez's year he would've been on par with Matthew Stafford as the top 2 Qbs in the draft. I still think Stafford gets selected no.1 because of his physical attributes, but Sanchez is certainly behind Pennington. Pennington might've gone 2nd overall that year.

8. nyjunc

Tim Couch
    Akili Smith
    Cade McNown
    Jim Druckenmiller
    David Carr
    Joey Harrington

yes they reached for QBs in those days too. Chad was a 4 year guy but still a little unknown due to playing at a smaller school and w/ a weapon like Moss who dominated that level of play. One was a top 5 pick we traded up to get and one was a luxury pick b/c we had 4 1st rounders drafted in the bottom half of the 1st round.

9. BrowningNagle

I don't know, those guys you listed are just busts like Mark Sanchez. Outside of Akili Smith though, they all had much more impressive and longer college careers than Sanchez. I'd say really only Smith was a draft day reach... in the last 4 years we've had countless reaches at the QB position. Mark Sanchez - case in point.

What we* did to select the player is irrelevant. Besides I don't think the Jets are the best judge of talent anyway. The same people that traded up for Mark Sanchez, drafted Vernon Gholston the year before!

Sanchez isn't a first rounder in that 2000 draft and Sanchez isn't picked ahead of Pennington in 2009. Sanchez did himself a HELL of a favor by recognizing the weak QB class and coming out early. I'd even say that if he stayed at USC another year he might not have been a 1st rounder in the 2010 draft! We see that all the time

10. nyjunc

those guys have a combined zero playoff wins and zero playoff apps, to put mark Sanchez in that group is silly.

whatever you say but mark has double the playoff wins Chad has and he never had a home playoff game like Chad.

11. BrowningNagle

None of the above players played on the 2009/2010 Jets.

Those guys sucked horribly but Mark Sanchez would've sucked horribly on their teams/ situations too. I'm not saying all those guys would've won what the Jets did those two years, but some would've (carr, harrington, couch) Put Pennington in his prime on those Jets teams and we have a lombardi trophy hanging in Florham Park today.

Sanchez never had a home playoff game because he tossed them away with his INTs and fumbles... the fact that they were road playoff wins and not home ones is more a testament to his failures in the regular season instead of his triumphs in the postseason.

The kid was GIVEN the best defense and the best running game in the NFL... What Rookie QB can say they walked into that situation. The next year they made it even easier for him by giving him better weapons at the WR position... yet for the majority of 2009 and 2010 they managed to win games in spite of Mark Sanchez. If that isn't obvious to you than you need to watch a different game other than football, perhaps stick to your tar heels.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

Now are you referring to the Jets, or is he one of the "greenest" to come out compared to the entire league? Because I could name quite a few QBs who have come out in last 5 years who have more promise right now- Ryan, Flacco, Stafford, Luck, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, Cam... even arguable Tannehill if we are talking about right now.

If you ask 99% of people with football knowledge, including scouts, coaches and experts, I guarantee they rank Sanchez in the bottom 5.

When can we stop calling it growing pains? He's a 4 year vet that has started more than 70 games in his NFL career. Is that not a big enough sample size? Especially considering the downward trend over the last 30 games? Cmon, all I see in this thread is excuses.

I can at least say confidently that if you ask Sanchez personally about his "regression", he will only put the blame on himself. At least he can do that, you guys can not say the same. I have lost faith in him along with 90% of this fanbase. Im pretty sure the franchise feels the same- you notice the ringing endorsements from Rex anymore? Or how about how the organization seems to be looking at QBs in the draft?

Excuses.

13. nyjunc

yep, a juggernaut of a franchise that couldn't get to the playoffs w/ Brett Favre at QB the year before.

2010 they won games b/c of him, he and the pass game rescued the team on numerous occasions. 2009 he was more along for the ride in the reg season as he was a ROOKIE.

Again, we see "better" QBs w/ more talent around them that can't win in January but you think it's easy to win. You should take your own advice and watch a different game b/c clearly you don't understand what you are watching.

and by the way:

a year after mcnown Chi won 13 games
    druckenmiller walked into a team that made the title game his rookie year and would thrive again w/ an UDA Jeff Garcia after steve young
    first year after Carr Hous got to .500 for the first time

it's easy to blame the team but the players did nothing unlike mark Sanchez w/ GOOD not great talent around him.

mark has proven he can play and win in this league, win at a high level, those others players did not prove that. It's asinine to compare them. It shows how little you know.

#6353 nyjunc, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  14. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

No, he has not. His release is too slow to be an nfl quarter back. Period. It is that simple.

He has had three years to improve in that regard and he hasn't. He needs to move on to the cfl or something.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lol @ "give him a good OC, good OL, good weapons and see what he'll be"

If he needs ideal circumstances to perform he shouldn't be making $8.5m fuckin dollars. Give Blaine Gabbert a good OC, good OL and some weapons and I'm sure he'll be fine. This sport takes away ideal circumstances.

Mark Sanchez will never live up to the #5 overall pick unless he brings us a SB and right now we can't even make the goddam tournament with him under center.

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I think I have changed my mind. I'll listen to Dunce #1(nyjunc) who said that a pick on 2nd and 8 from the NE 36 yard line against NE is "like a good punt"

Or that Sanchez played well enough to win a SB even though he has never played in one

:lol:

Or maybe I should listen to Dunce #2(Hobbes) who says that all those teams were correct to pass on Brady until the 6th round

:lol:

17. Yeah Vinny had an absolute monster arm. However, to be fair the team that drafted him likely feels the same way about him as many fans currently feel about Sanchez.

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

What's silly is this "number of playoff wins" argument Sanchez apologists keep falling back on. Postseason wins is something the media likes to throw around so they can sit around tables and debate, but it really has no weight if you're evaluating the quality of play of an individual in a team sport. Do you think opposing players around the league view Mark Sanchez as some kind of clutch winner because of what the Jets did in 2009 & 2010? :lol:

Come on ... there's no way you can actually believe that.

Is Dilfer considered a better QB than Marino?
    What about Doug Williams? ... Better than Dan Fouts?
    Am I supposed to believe Mark Rypien was better than Ken Anderson because "HE'S" 1-0 in Superbowls and has an MVP Trophy, while Anderson is 0-1?
    Was Jeff Hostetler a better QB than Tarkenton or for that matter Jim Kelly, because he was 1-0 while they were 0-3 and 0-4?
    Just ridiculous.

But it's not surprising that Sanchez's supporters need to use team accomplishments to defend Sanchez, because if you simply compare his individual play, and his command of the position vs. his peers, we all know the comparison will tell the real story.

You keep pointing to those playoff wins.
    Let's take a look at two of them ... 50% of your defense.

Mark Sanchez's performance in our playoff win vs. SD -
    12-23 100 yards 1 TD / 1 INT 60.1 QB Rating

Mark Sanchez's performance in our playoff win vs INDY -
    18-31 189 yards 0 TD / 1 INT 62.4 QB Rating

A combined 30-54 for 289 yards with a TD and 2 picks.
    But I'm supposed to say he played well in those games because we came out on the winning end? I'm supposed to point to those games as a reason why we need a clutch guy like him as our QB going forward??

Yeah ... it's a compelling argument.
    But I'd rather try to find someone who can actually play the position well.

#6358 truthbtold, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  19. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

mark won nothing-the team did...the jets o-line, running game and especially defense did
    sanchez went along for the ride and did what they asked: he didn't screw it all up

now that those things aren't there he has been exposed a bit and has regressed

to be fair i am also on the record saying the jets screwed him up as bad as the yankees screwed up joba chamberlain-which is saying something

still the way u and that hobbes character defend him is embarrassing

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

2013 Starter Mark Sanchez. No such thing hiding your Qb in the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.