Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Ok. So you have described Mark has a "decent/mediocre reg season QB" and Matt as a "great reg season Qb". This means that you believe Matt would play better during the regular season that Mark.

In his rookie year (2008), Matt Ryan lead his team to the playoffs going 11-5. Now Mark has proved himself as a mediocre reg season QB and you have described him as that so say with the same team, Mark goes 9-7 or 8-8, missing the playoffs.

In his sophomore year 2009, Matt missed the playoffs with a record of 9-7. If Matt is a better reg season Qb than Mark then Mark would also have missed the playoffs.

In his junior year 2010, Matt made a jump leading his team to a 13-3 record and division title. The Saints went 11-5, but we will give Mark the benefit of the doubt here and pretend that he would win the division as well just for arguments sake.. Here Matt ran into the red hot eventual Superbowl Champion Packers lead by Aaron Rodgers who threw for 86% completion 366 yards, 4 touchdowns and 1 rushing touchdown. If only the Falcons had Sanchez that year..he would have outdueled Rodgers for sure. Probably threw for 90% completion and 6 touchdowns!

Moving on to 2011. Again Matt runs into the red hot eventual Super Bowl champion Giants on their home field. This is where maybe possibly you could have an argument. But again, Matt didn't turn the ball over in this game. He just faced a hot team that went on to beat Rodgers in Green Bay and Brady in the Super Bowl. So what makes you think Mark would have beat the Giants that year? IF he would have even made the playoffs being such a "decent/mediocre reg season Qb".

Ok so this past season. Although Mark wouldn't have led the Falcons to the same reg season record or home field advantage. Lets pretend for your argument. Facing one of the top defenses in the league in the 49ers, Matt threw for 71% completion, 396 yards and 3 touchdowns. Now explain to me how Matt lost them that game and that Mark would have won it for them.

Matt Ryan has weapons in Julio, Roddy and Tony G yes. BUT Julio Jones has only been in the league the last 2 years, where Matt ran into the Giants and then went on to beat the Seahawks and barely lose to the 49ers. Matt also has a decent defense, while Mark has played with a top 5 defense, top 5 offensive line, top 5 running game and Braylon Edwards/Cotchery/Santonio Holmes in his playoff runs that you are so impressed by.

Sorry this is making me seem like a Falcons fan, but that was an outrageous claim.

2. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i dont udnerstand how we are still debating whether or not mark sanchez played well in the playoffs.

its pretty much undisputable but ok, sure, he played like shit.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I lived in Jacksonville and have followed Garrards career. He was very raw coming out of college to eventually becoming the heir apparent to Brunell only to get passed up for Leftwich.

Again, I have watched him play I don't define accuracy on completion percentage I define accuracy on the ability to fit balls into tight windows Garrard is not that QB.

In Jacksonville Gararrd had a good defense and great running game ever heard of MJD and Fred Taylor? He was not asked to win games with his arm he was asked to not make mistakes. That is why he struggles in the playoffs he cannot make the throws.

I try to be objective when looking at Sanchez and numbers only tell a small part of the Sanchez story. Sanchez has won more playoff games than any other Jets QB in history. Do I need to say that again? So no I am not ready to get rid of him.

Lets get this clear Mark has never had great weapons and he has never had the same receiving cores year to year and last year week to week. ( this is pretty important for a QB)

I do not need to go back and analyze the numbers I watched the games. In 2009 Mark played like a rookie and stepped up in the playoffs. In 2010 Mark helped us win games and was a big factor in the 11 wins. He was inconsistent and had some horrendous games but played great in the playoffs. If you do not think Mark played well in 2010 playoffs you did not watch the games.

And what got Tanny fired he sabotaged Mark. Not on purpose but he dismantled the offense and not just the weapons but the O-Line and asked Mark to do what he was not capable at the time (and may never).

Can Mark be a great QB?- I think he can but he is more in the mold of a traditional QB not of a scrambler. We all love running QBS when the )-line sucks but how many running QBs have won SuperBowls? (That answer is still zero)

Has Mark reached his peak?- Maybe I think the Jets may have ruined him mentally that he will never succeed in NY again.

The good thing about this argument is that we will find out pretty quickly. As a fan I would hope you support Rex and Marty and whatever decision they make on Mark I will.

This notion that Mark will start because of his contract is stupid. He will start because he wins the job. From what the Jets have done thus far they are betting on Sanchez just not all in on him. If they draft a QB at 9 that all changes but as of now the Jets have not given-up on Sanchez as a fan I will not either until they cut him.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Whoa ... whoa ... slow down pal.
    Did you forget how he almost completed 54% of his passes that season and posted a 63 QB Rating? Good enough for 28th in the league. Who wouldn't be happy with play like that? :rolleyes:

He played poorly, but it was excusable because he was a rookie and the organization and fan base were willing to hold our collective noses and swallow it. You take your lumps and try to learn something and grow from the experience. The fact that we were able to do that and still win two playoff games that season is a tribute to Rex and the whole staff. That's a big difference from playing the position "well".

Mark Sanchez hasn't learned ... and he hasn't grown.
    The Jets whiffed on the pick. It sucks, but it happens, and it is what it is. It's not the first time and it won't be the last. Most of us have accepted that ... but it's not our money being thrown in the garbage and that makes it easier to accept. I can understand the organization looking at their sunk cost and hoping against hope that they can salvage something out of this guy. It's harder to understand coming from the few holdouts in the fan base.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets hid Mark Sanchez in the playoffs as much as they could. Some real talent around him made exceptional plays when the Jets couldn't hide Sanchez at a given moment. The legend was born.

Sanchez threw 157 passes in 6 playoff games. That's 26 a game. He threw for 1,155 yards in those games. That's 193 a game. He threw 9 TD passes. That's 1.5 a game. The one thing that he uncharacteristically didn't do, and the thing that let the Jets win 4 of the 6, was he didn't throw a lot of interceptions, with just 3 or .5 a game.

The Jets did a masterful job of not over-exposing Sanchez and he managed to keep the Int bugaboo under wraps when given that relief.

That's the Mark Sanchez that we all saw play but we were so happy that the Jets were winning that we didn't care to see it. Then 2011 started and the Jets couldn't hide Sanchez any more because of talent losses elsewhere and everything went downhill from there. It went downhill because Sanchez isn't a good QB, in fact he's a pretty bad one when you look at the numbers and even when you look beyond them at the film.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He did play well for a rookie and he was a top 10 type QB in 2010. Name 10-12 better QBs in 2010 than Mark Sanchez?

he had a few bad games, he didn't cost them many in 2009 but you do have to expect that w/ a rookie.

2009 he cost them the NO game, Buf game and maybe the NE game. That's not costing the team left and right.

2010:
    week 1 was every bit as much on the D as it was Mark and the O, don't allow 10 pts allowed to fool you as they allowed a million 3rd and longs to keep drives alive and Bal had the ball for almost 40 mins.

Baltimore won 12 games in 2010 not 9.

He had a bad performance against GB where he had 2 bogus INTs, we shouldn't have lost the ball on either and at worst they should have been called fumbles. It was very windy and neither O could do anything, it was a 3-0 game w/o those terrible INT calls.

he was terrible vs Miami but if Holmes catches an easy TD we have a great chance to win.

He also rescued us at Den, at Cle, at Det, vs. Houston but that doesn't get mentioned for some reason- I wonder why?

Oh so Mark making a quick decision and good pass had nothing to do w/ it? Mark making a perfect pass on 3rd down for the TD to Holmes had nothing to do w/ it? Interesting.

You are bashing the incredible play on that 3rd down to Braylon on the sideline? you may want to watch that throw again, he slid away from pressure, redirected Braylon then threw a strike down the sideline that braylon didn't have to jump an inch for.

How many things will you make up in this post?

another lie, he had 194 pass yds on the day not 166.

again you hurl insults b/c your weak argument is roasted. Thanks Bradway!

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What huh?

The only comparison you can Make to Mark and Matt is this. When Matt and Mark came into the league the both had a team with good running games.

That is where the comparison end the Falcons supported Ryan and surrounded him with talent. The Jets did the exact opposite and asked Mark to carry the team with no talent.

8. nyjunc

Yes, I think Matt is more consistent than Mark in the reg season BUt he has had MUCH more talent around him to worj with. I think if Mark was in Atl he wouldn't put up quite the same #s but his #s would be really good, they'd win and then they'd win in postseason.

mark played Rodgers in the reg season and they lost a close game. I'd trust him over Ryan that year especially when Ryan was a huge reason why GB crushed Atlanta.

Matt did nothing in that game against NYG- got shut out. The lowest pt total Mark has led his O's to is 17 pts.

It's nice to look at #s but watch the games, he got off to a great start against SF then folded in the 2nd half. w/ a 3 pt lead at midfield he threw an INT, after SF took the lead he had 8:23 to play, he led a drive thattook up 7 mins and failed to score. he led them to ZERO pts in the 2nd half. STOP just looking at #s and see what actually happens.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Give me a QB that we don't have to worry about the other aspects of the team being perfect and a defense, offensive line etc having to play with a margin of error.

With Sanchez the defense is constantly playing behind and having to prevent the other team from scoring because of the inept offense led by Sanchez.

This dude is terrible point blank period I never seen mediocre play get a pass and made excuses for so much. Even if he improves it wont be to where we need him to be which is to be good enough for us to win a SB with. For us to even win with him we need to surround him with all pros at every position and build a stout defense just to make him look respectable. That imo is not a good model.

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

For the Sanchez sycophants: Say Sanchez was on another team and the Jets were facing him. Would you be shaking in your boots at the prospect of facing him? Would you be worried about him going off on you...?

11. Br4d

My biggest wish at the moment is that the Raiders pick him up when the Jets cut him. Would love to see Rex go after him when the teams play.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That is just not true we should have beat the Steelers in 2010 and how may all pros did we have on offense that year?

Mark is a spot or streaky QB that is why he has played well in the two minute drill and why he struggles when he is taken out for a series. This is also why the Jets won in 2010 in the regular season and the playoffs. Keep the games close play conservative count on Mark to make some big throws. He did this most of 2010.

What this created was Mark thinking he has to make a play every play that is Marks biggest issue turnovers.

Lets see what this kid can do with a more attacking offense an an offensive minded proven coach.

Why the hate for 26 year old QB that has four playoff wins. (most in Jets history) Thsi kid is still developing (Hopefully)

13. nyjunc

taking out scores by the D/Sts we averaged:

2009: 20.4 PPG
    2010: 21.1 PPG
    2011: 21.4 PPG

that is not inept offense and much more than enough pts for a so called great defense to win with.

Our O was inept in 2012 w/o a doubt.

Bal averaged 22.7 last year, is that much different than 21.4 or 21.1?

14. nyjunc

No, there's only 4 or 5 QBs in the league I ever worry about facing- Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton and maybe Ben.

15. Br4d

Because he's a bad QB who has cost the Jets at least as many games as he's won for them and because recently he has done a folderoo down the stretch in back to back Decembers that has made the Jets seasons look worse than they were for much of the season.

The guy folded in December 2011 and the Jets went from 8-5 to 8-8 despite three very winnable games on the schedule.

Then last year he just flat out sucked down the stretch and again the team wound up looking really bad.

At a certain point you have to just accept that there aren't fairy wings floating around him waiting to take flight. The guy is a lousy QB and he's gotten worse in December when QBing traditionally has been tougher for Jets QB's.

He's not cut out for the job of a northeast QB in a demanding fan and media environment and no amount of wishing is going to make that fact go away.

My nightmare right now is that MM is actually about as good as he looked in Philly and we're stuck with Sanchez for another year while the team goes nowhere in rebuilding and then worse that that he's the QB on the good team in 2015 which again has to hide him when the QB should be stepping out front in the playoffs.

16. ArmandJ

Then why do you want Sanchez on our team?

17. nyjunc

If we could have Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Ben I'd take them but last I checked they weren't available.

18. ArmandJ

You missed the point. If you wouldn't fear Sanchez exploiting your weakness on another team, then why would you want him on your own team?

Hell, I would love if Sanchez started for the Pats. That's two easy wins right there.

19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Didn't the Jets knock out the Patriots in playoffs in 2010 and were a drop away from beating them last year? Not sure that is two easy wins.

Who was the QB?

These arguments are getting worse and worse

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

It depends on two things.

The magnitude of the game.

The supporting talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.