Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I didnt dodge it. I explained it. But hey..,maybe your ESL.

Doesnt really matter though. Sanchez has accomplished more in his rookie year than FannyHill, and...will win more games this year.

And then youll be blaming the Sophomore slump.

To recap.

Backup TE.
    Slot guy forced outside.
    WR signed during the week.

I never said Sanchez played well, in fact I faulted him..positive p,ays show up on film...negative plays require more in depth knowledge...thats basic football viewing. Did the guy run the route...did the OL make the block..

Fcol..the entire Butt fumble was a comedy of errors from the RB, to Moore, but Sanchez took the entire blame....

So, you either belong in the NFL coaching ranks, or you are Miss Cleo.

Wrong, is the only other option.

#6241 Hobbes3259, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Backup TE that you claim is just as good as the starter. Or does that not fit your narrative now?

Slot guy forced outside may be a valid point if I were sure you weren't just making that up. If I feel like it I will go watch that painful game again to see where he lined up

WR signed during the week...Oh but I thought that Braylon was Sanchez chemistry guy? If he is playing the X position that you claim is so important to a QBs success then why does it matter when he signed? Did he forget how to run a fly route?

You faulted Sanchez in one breath yet you have repeated over and over that putting majority of blame on him for the Tennessee game is something we shouldn't do. Sounds like a typical half-assed bailout of his play to me and a deflection.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I didn't avoid anything, you are pretending like the 99 yd TD was the same as the jacoby Jones TD. 2 big plays that were nothing alike. In that game did Sanchez get 14 free pts to play w/? did he have 3 possessions needing any pts to win the game? No but you will harp on a meaningless pt pretending like the 2 are alike b/c you have nothing else.

The "experts" and the average fans like you.

Russell Wilson was clutch, you didn't ask about Wilson. If peyton was leading his Os to 25-35 pts every game I'd have a different opinion but he has led them to an average of under 15 PPG, I'm sorry if you can't see the truth.

Don't confuse clutch moments w/ overall clutch play. Sure Brady had the clutch drive at the end of XLII but in recent years in postseason he hasn't come through in big spots as often as he did earlier in his career.

When you lead a team to THREE SB titles and 5 AFC titles you are a clutch QB especially when 2 of the 3 SBs were won on last second FGs set up by the QB and O.

Peyton needed ONE 1st down to ensure mark Sanchez wouldn't get the ball back, he FAILED. he set up a 50+ yd FG while the crappy Mark Sanchez set up a chip shot for the win.

I don't care what Matt Ryan's "success rate" is, he's a choker.

at some point you guys need to stop relying on asinine made up stats and actually watch games.

Let's review the "clutchness" of Matt Ryan in postseason:

2008 at Ari:

1st possession throws INT, leads to Ari TD. Trail 7-0
    leading 17-14 to begin 2nd half, fumbles for long TD. Ari leads 21-17(fumble wasn't his fault but he did fumble)
    2 more possessions zero pts.
    Trailing 28-17 throws INT then takes safety to trail 30-17.
    leads team to late TD

2010 vs. GB:
    #1 seed w/ bye
    KR gives them 14-7 lead, GB ties it at 14, Ryan throws INT on 3rd down in FG range. Gb scores TD on next possession. 21-14 GB
    Next possession, in long FG range throws INT for TD to trail 28-14 at half. Game over.

2011 at NYG:
    SHUT OUT, clutch! but at least this was the only game he didn't throw an INT in.

2012 vs. Sea:
    #1 seed w/ bye. Started out great, got off to huge lead. Up 20-0 and 27-7.
    Up 27-14 in 4th throws INT, Sea scores to pull w/in 27-21.
    great game ending drive to win it. the first clutch moment of his postseason career after he helped blow a big lead.

2012 vs. SF:
    another great start, this time led 17-0. TOs didn't kill them but ineffective Ryan and O did. had ball in his hands down by 4 w/ 8 mins left. Used 7 mins of clock and failed to score. CLUTCH!

He has played in 5 postseason games, in 3 of them he threw 2 INTs each. if that doesn't say clutch I don't know what does but hey his success rate in 1 score games tells us he's the greatest clutch QB of all time.

Mark Sanchez not clutch: 4-2 in postseason, 4 road wins, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, led O to 20 PPG
    Matt Ryan is clutch: 1-4 in postseason, lost 2 home games, won only game at home, 9 TDs, 7 INTs, led O to 20 PPG.

By the way, Sanchez faced D's that were ranked on average of 9.5
    Ryan faced D's that were ranked on average at 11.6 and played 3 of those games at home.

Peyton didn't give his D a late game lead, STs did. Peyton was given 14 pts, he gave away 7 of them. 3 TOs led directly to 17 pts in a 3 pt game. That's very different than what Brady did in XLII.

I just love the excuses for Peyton Manning. year after year, playoff choke after playoff choke he doesn't get any blame from some.

By the way, that was the first time a Peyton D blew a late lead but again he was given 14 free pts and gave away 7 of them so how could someone not blame Peyton?

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

So Sanchez and Ryan both led their O to 20 ppg. Of course you look at the ranking of the D (FANTASY STAT ALERT)

But that is because you are an average fan.

Let us dig deeper here.

Matt Ryan's playoff D has given up an average of 28.4 ppg.

Mark Sanchez' playoff D has given up an average of 18.7 ppg.

28.4 is more than 18.7 right?

Could it be that football is a team game and the Falcons were asking Matt Ryan to do more since he was going to have to score more than 4 TDs while Sanchez only was being asked to score a little less than 3? (in b4 "GB skewed that number!!!"...25.5 without it...and I could remove the 30 the colts dropped on the Jets if we're playing that game)

They both get 20 in the playoffs. They have different Ds.

Oh yeah, they also have a different name on the back of the jersey.

#6244 BeastBeach, Apr 9, 2013
  5. NFL

NFL Active Member

You gotta look at turnovers and returns when you look at a defense for points allowed.

Jets had a good defense last year, but if you look at points allowed we sucked at D. But if you add in all the turnovers and returns that led to touchdowns, which the defense cannot prevent, were one of the top Ds again.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I subtracted those. And my post had nothing to do with 2012 regular season. Did you read it?

7. Ted

Ted Member

It boggles my mind that you guys could argue this for 313 pages

8. nyjunc

that's what I'd expect from an average fan who blindly follows "experts".

In 5 playoff games Ryan has:
    7 INTs that led to 35 pts
    3 fumbles that led to 10 pts
    10 TOs that led to 45 pts

In 6 playoff games Sanchez has:
    3 INts that led to ZERO pts
    1 fumble that led to 7 pts
    4 TOs that led to 7 pts

so do you think that will affect your defense?

AGAIN, Atlanta was HOME for 3 of the 5 games w/ a huge homefield edge in a noisy dome. The Jets were the road team in all 6 games.

Oh and that 20 PPG for Ryan includes a garbage time TD so really it's less than 20, no matter what way you slice it Mark comes out on top. It's too bad Mark didn't have the immense talent around him like Ryan does then we could really compare. I forgot to take off a KR so even w/ the garbage time TD Matt has led his O's to 18.4 PPG

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

junc will argue it forever... then he will give it a little bit and then he will come back again and try to bait someone into telling him he is absurd, you stated it very nicely displacedfan... that was a beautiful post about clutch.

which of course he didnt really respond to.

this is why i have junc on my ignore list...

10. nyjunc

you have me on ignore b/c, like big blocker, you can't keep up in debates.

Thanks for not participating.

11. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Yea actually agree with a Dolphins fan for once. Was decent years 1 and 2 had some big up moments and big down moments, whether he caused them is neither here nor there. 2011 he improved his stats but the team got worse and its questionable whether or not he improved. 2012 he was terrible and the team got even worse.

There are two ways 2013 can go and there is no point in debating its a wait and see. He can go up and improve upon the past to varying degrees or he can continue to suck. No past evidence can predict this with 100% accuracy.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol @ this big block of deflections. Let us count them

1) Turnovers and the points they led to
    2)Home vs. Road
    3)Garbage time TDs(FANTASY STAT ALERT(defined by nyjunc))
    4)Talent level

So I will forgive that embarrassment if you just answer me this:

How come D ranking is invalid when it suits you yet you just used it to describe the Ds that Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez faced?

13. nyjunc

Thank you for not trying to counter my post b/c you couldn't.

I didn't use D ranking as my main point, just added it in based on pts scored which I was incorrect about.

INCLUDING the garbage time TD:

Mark led his O's to 20 PPG
    Ryan led his O's to 18.4 PPG

yes, mark did it against better defenses
    yes, Mark did it on the road while 3 of 5 were at home
    yes, mark did it w/ less talent
    yes, mark won 4 of 6 while Ryan won 1 of 5

Is there someone in here who can give me a challenge? I'm getting board swatting away flies.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Its everyones fault except Sanchez's, unless the offense plays good, then its all Sanchez.

/junchobbes

15. nyjunc

find a single post where I say something like that? I don't recall Hobbes saying anything like that either. Another deflection b/c you guys can't counter the arguments.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

No, it is all style of play that is why looking at a stat sheet only tells about 10% of the story.

To keep the score low it is just not about defense it is a philosophy of play. It is often tougher on the QB in a ball control field position type game. The QB is asked to make critical throws to keep the chains moving when everyone know you are going to throw. The jets in 2010 played the field position game and asked Sanchez to deliver and he did.

It was not just the Jets defense it was the special teams and the offense giving the other team bad field position. This style of play in the past has won and won a lot. Teams that fling the ball around (at least in the past) do not win superbowls. Running game, field position defense win Superbowls.

This is why QBs like Marino do not win superbowls this why Detroit only won 4 games last year.

Lets look back at 2012 Special teams sucked, Defense was not as good running game struggled and our receivers sucked. Add that to a Ray Perkins style offense that throws more intermediate and long routes (Completion percentage drops) and you get the Jets.

Sanchez has proven he can thrive in a ball control make a big play when needed offense. He has showed he does well in a two minute offense. So you ask why are the jets bringing in competition and why do you ask when you hear the coaches talk about Sanchez it is never about reading defenses and accuracy and all the other Ignorant fans like to opine about. It is simple because the biggest issue with Sanchez with the way Rex likes to play is turnovers. When you turn the ball over you usually lose all the advantages of playing the way I described above. The fumbles are much more concerning than the picks. MM will fix the INTs that were mostly caused by Bad play design, Bad receivers and Sanchez just trying to hard to make a play. The fumbles are just inexcusable. Although the 'Butt" fumble was just one play it shows the problem Mark has for securing the ball.

It is said Mark has huge hands so it makes zero sense he fumbles so much.

That fumbled snap in the Tennessee games was far from Sanchez's fault that was a horrible snap.

#6256 cval, Apr 9, 2013
  17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You pinned the Denver loss on the defense even though they gave up just one TD all day. Even though the offense got one measley TD and gave away 7 via turnover (everyone else's fault).

You say Sanchez is big in big games and give no credit to gameplanning, good OL play or other skill players (Clutchness).

18. nyjunc

At no point did I absolve mark and the O of blame, I simply pointed out a fact that the defense blew it. The D played great for 55 mins but w/ the game on te line they allowed a QB who can't throw to go 95 yds for the winning TD. It wouldnd be one thing if it was an isolated game but far too often our supposed top D has melted in late game situations.

Nowhere have I ever said mark did it on his own or Mark carried us. You guys have to rely on making things up we never said. Of course the OL, run game, receivers, coaching, D, STs, etc... all played a key role in those big wins.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You're wasting your time because no matter how good my points are you're going to say "what do you know DOLPHINS FAN!"

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Pretty much but I think you maybe a closet Jet fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.