When/If the Bills draft Geno Smith, will you be scared?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloPhysco, Mar 30, 2013.

1. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Even with Geno being the top QB in this draft I still think he is underrated compared to the previous few draft classes. He will come in for whatever team drafts him and start day 1 with success IMHO.

If the Jaguars pass on him then it's very likely he will fall into our lap with the 8th pick unless some damn team trades ahead!

So I ask does this make the Bills potential playoff contenders? With just an even slightly average QB the past few years we could have made the playoffs.

2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

No not scared, Your team has questions just like ours do. Lets wait until Preseason game 1 before noone knows what rosters will look like

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lol another off season Bills topic. Full of such optimism every off season. Geno Smith could go to the Eagles also.

4. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Yeah the one year contract worries me with Vick but they have argueably the worst offensive line in the league. Put any non mobile QB behind that line and he's history. I think it's definitely between the Jags and Bills.

Why shouldn't I feel optimistic? This is one of the most talented teams we've had in years. Add that to the fact we have an actual owner in charge who's not senile and a coaching staff that wasn't born in the 1940's. We have a recipe for winning this year.

5. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Free Safety and Running Back are the only position the Bills are set at, everything else has holes.

As for your signature, the only thing your defensive line came close to being was the greatest joke in NFL history.

6. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I'll assume your just joking. We are addressing CB needs in free agency. With Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, and Dareus we are set on the line, you would love to have any of those 3 in Jersey.

On the offensive side, our line is as good as any. Would be nice to add another playmaker receiver across from Stevie but I think we'll be ok since we have a top 3 RB.

Our only holes to fill in the draft will be QB, LB, LB, and LB. With some depth added in the secondary.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No.

Fills

8. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

You're only scared of other teams when your own team has high expectations.

So no. I am not afraid of the Bills or Geno Smith. If I were you, I wouldn't focus on getting jet fans to be scared of the bills... Trying to make the playoffs for the first time in the 21st century would be a good start.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Not in the least bit scared. I don't think Geno Smith is what ppl make him out to be. ppl have fallen in love with the Cam Newton's and RGIII's in the league that they think Smith is gonna a RGIII/Cam-lite.

10. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I'll worry a little when the Bills get consistent play from the QB position. C.J Spiller, Stevie Johnson, and a pretty solid O-line, are enough for a pretty good O with a real QB at the helm. Although the loss of Levitre will hurt a little.

I'm not sold on Geno Smith, so until he proves otherwise, I won't be worried if/ when the Bills draft him.

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Serious question, who did the Bills acquire this offseason? Everyone was raving about the Bills and saying the same exact thing last year, and they went 6-10, how did they improve so greatly? Not trying to bust your balls OP but Bills fans do tend to get fanatical in the offseason.

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Same.

More fills

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You said this last year, and the year before also.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

No. I really don't care who they get. Team couldn't win an important game if they got 4 trys at it.

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

BuffaloPsycho is a joke. Don't even pay attention to him.

Oh, and I dont think Geno gets close to us anyway. He should be snatched up beforehand.

16. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Who is your top 3 RB? Spiller isn't up there with AP, Jamaal Charles, Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice, etc. He's good, but he isn't top 3. When he can run every play and pass protect, let me know.

You OL is a mess and lost its best player.

Smith will not be a good QB, especially if you only pair him with one legit WR, who should be a #2.

And no, I'm rather happy with Vince Wilfork and Chandler Jones, neither of who'm is going to make 100,000,000 anytime soon. Kyle Williams is very underrated around the majority of the NFL fanbase, but he is vastly overrated by Bills fans at the same time. He is above average and stuck in the shadows of a shitty Bills team.

Your front 7 was ranked 31st against the run and generated less sacks than my team, while you feature all these players I would apparently love so see in my jersey's.

The Bills were not good and did little to nothing to improve, no they won't scare anyone unless they're in direct competition for a high draft pick.

17. NFL

NFL Active Member

I'd take Spiller over those guys other than AP. Guy averaged 6 yards a carry and I believe 10+ a reception. Maybe Jamaal and Marshawn are better, but Ray Rice ain't.

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

No, I wouldn't be scared. Just like I wasn't scared of future Hall of Famer Trent Edwards.

19. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Well never mind, Kolb just ruined that dream. See you all next April.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What's the deal with these "will you be scared" threads? No, football is not scary, it's fun to watch.