Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Weak QB draft in general. It might just be that crop of QBs though because the rookies before and after them have put up some fantastic seasons. I'm still of the thought you have a QB sit before starting him, but I might be changing my mind on that.

Of course to your ending. The system helps SAnchez great, but if turned lost Sanchez to a decent QB, what could it do to a rookie that has more talent than Sanchez? Unless Sanchez balls out (slang) and goes Aaron Rodgers on us, he's probably gone. He dug himself quite a hole, but the Jets FO handed him the shovel and gave him some soft dirt to dig.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Freeman hasn't been better, he's had one good stat year in a year where they beat nobody and were never truly in the race. The next year w/ expectations he was terrible. In 2012 after a great start and everyone talking about them he was awful in helping cost them a playoff spot. He has better #s, he hasn't been better.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm in the same boat on the evolution of QB's starting from year one. As of 2003 it was a crazy idea but now it seems like the norm for a 1st round QB to play.

I think the lesson I'm taking from that is not to give a QB a long-term contract with guaranteed money unless he's a superstar, and even then pick your spots. You're not going to want to have him around for the year you take his replacement because of cap ramifications and the fact that you really want the new guy to hit the field at some point that year.

I don't know how long you've been a fan so this might not make a lot of sense to you. I've been through the Sanchez scenario once before with Richard Todd. I don't want Sanchez to get better next year unless he turns into a major star.

He's going to waste a year for us with an average or even above average performance that would be better spent finding a really good QB. Then he's going to make it really hard for the front office to make decisions moving forward at the game's most important position.

Then even if he raises his play a bit for another year or two we're still going to wind up in a very important game in the playoffs at some point with the old Sanchez suddenly on full display as an aggressive defense takes us out.

The Mud Bowl really sucked and everybody remembers the Fins letting the field deteriorate to the point that it was almost unplayable. Very few people remember that Richard Todd threw 0 TD's and 5 Int's that day.

4. displacedfan

Definitely hold off on superstar money. The flacco deal is sightly questionable to me because he only had 4 great games. He didn't make a jump like Rodgers has done for 2 straight seasons now. He played great for 4 games and became a strength on a team where used to be a weakness. It will be interesting to see how he plays next year. He has slightly improved each year in the league.

Not old enough.

But I agree on the major star part. If he doesn't turn into that, is it worth it keep a game manager around to build up a team around, I say no. I think at that point you look for a newer QB part. A middling QB is not what we need. Yeah average QB is an upgrade over last year, but it isn't what the team needs or you need in current day NFL. The only example now Sanchez might fit is Alex Smith, but at this point, as we saw with Smith, do we want a QB who looks good in system, or a QB who looks good and can be maximized in a system?

5. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You probably loved Andre Ware and also thought Mike Williams was HOF bound like Mel too. Since most people on ESPN don't know what they are talking about, maybe I will see you on there some day.

I can say that about any team. What about the games we could / should have lost? Miami missing a FG, Cardinals having Lindley at QB scoring 6 points all game and us still needing McElroy to bring us back to win?

Do I really need to? Both of our starting safeties are gone, Revis is likely to be traded. Keller, Greene, Devito, Po'uha are gone, and Moore and Slauson are not likely to return. Scott and Pace were old and slow, but they still played a role in those 6 wins. So far, we have replaced Greene who has 822 carries for 3,423 yards in his 4 year career with Mike Goodson who has 160 carries for 722 yards in his 5 year career. And replaced Moore with Colon who has played in 12 games the last 2 years.

I get that Greene wouldn't have been a great fit in the WCO and maybe Goodson can fill that role, but we replaced a productive RB with an unknown. Maybe Colon stays healthy, but we replaced a solid guard with an unknown. Maybe Holmes comes back 100% from his injury, but that is an unknown. Maybe Hill takes a huge leap next year, but that is another unknown. At this point with this current roster, we are not better than we were last year.

Keller's loss isn't devastating, but it is a big loss. Most fans seem to really overrate him or underrate him. You seem to be the latter.

Sorry, I don't have to think that this current team can win 11 / 12 games and a division title with a bye week and home playoff game to be a fan. That is not a fan, that is a homer.

Wow! When it comes to making a wager, your enthusiasm comes down quite a bit. You went from your ridiculous 11 to 12 wins to a more realistic 7 wins. Maybe you should always pretend that you are wagering money before posting. You make a little more sense that way.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Thats a fair point, or would have been till you spent four paragraphs, saying how we would be worse rhan last year.

We won 6, i went 16 percent better.
    8?

Thats a 33 pct increase.

And fwiw,pace,scott,devito amd pouha were all either negligible contributors, or hinderances last year.

Shit, this is a Sanchez sucks thread and he made more impact plays last year than all four combined.

And, while your point about players we lost, for every one of them is either a more talented or younger replacemnt available in Free Agency, and theor prices drop a bit every day.

7. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I wrote 5 sentences showing we replaced some of the guys we lost with unknowns. If all of those other guys we have not replaced were negligible contributors, or hindrances like you say, what does that say about Rex keeping them in games. Why wouldn't he be trying out their replacements with young guys who according to you are better, or at least not a hindrance?

I don't doubt that there are replacements for guys we lost out in free agency. Better? Yes for some, no for others. Keller and Landry are not likely to be replaced with anyone better. The main point is that we haven't signed any of these younger / better guys yet.

You said that this current roster AS IT STANDS NOW can win 11 / 12 games, a division title and get a bye week and home game. You called me out for disagreeing with your assertion and then want to make a bet that the team will win 7 or 8 games? :rofl: That is an awesome defense for your assertion.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Hey hobbes!

You ever gonna get around to this or is coward gonna coward some more?

Here is the argument to refresh your memory:

Doesn't get much plainer than that

9. feldspar

feldspar Member

You forgot to say that the Jets also had the #1 rushing attack in 2009 as well...they were ranked 4th in rushing in 2010.

We're talking basically about a ground-and-pound team. Run the ball, play defense, and have the QB basically manage the game. That was the philosophy. Will anyone argue with THAT?

The more Sanchez is asked to do, the worse he looks, or perhaps the more he is exposed as to what he's always been. That's the thing, too, because those 2009 and 2010 teams don't exist anymore. IMO, to win now with the current roster, the Jets are going to have to have their QB step up and play a more active role than he did when the team had success...to pick up the slack. I don't think Sanchez can do that.

10. feldspar

feldspar Member

What are the Jets going to pay them with, peanuts? There is something called a salary cap.

Dunno the exact figure, but I think the Jets have something like $8 million in cap space right now. They have to sign their draft picks too, which will take the majority of that money. If Revis is traded, that will save some money, but not all that much. Dunno how you can replace that guy, either.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Okay guys, scale back the personal stuff please

12. Hobbes3259

Previously, as in at the combine, and you are also willingly overlooking the caveat, that puts him now in the 10 as a combination of needy teams, and a poor QB class. But, my comments were related to his combine remarks, sorry i did not follow his pro day, as he doesnt impress me, however, tour third quote makes my original point and makes you, trolling.

Getting reached for, does not make you a top ten talent, its called a reach for a reason.

Its just easier to take under the rookie cap, because you are fiving him less than half the money Sanchez got.

Stop whining, you like the guywe get it. But turning into a ball washer, is....well...turning into a ball washer

#6132 Hobbes3259, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  13. Hobbes3259

Ummmm...maybe you havent noticed, but except for Wallace, and one guard, prices have taken severe downward pressure,

Ots one of the reasons, I think idzik is taking his time.

There are far more players at every position, than there are spots for them to land, and thats without considering the draft.

14. Hobbes3259

Ive been trying, but its been spiraling for a while. I try tp only be responsive.

And patient, even then.

Between the Sanchez hatred, and theRevis ballwashing, peronality differences are exacerbating, and its carrying over to every thread.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

No your comments were certainly not only about his combine remarks.

Again, to refresh your memory:

Your very next post, quoting him:
    Your comments were about what Mike Mayock thinks of Geno Smith. Period.

I don't have an opinion on Geno Smith one way or the other. I am pointing out that you are a liar and a fabricator for everyone else to see.

16. feldspar

feldspar Member

Prices have gone down in accordance of the quality of player. That's common sense.

None of that is going to give the Jets more money to spend. If they trade Revis, they'll maybe be able to pick up a couple of projected starters, but chances are they will be mediocre starters...and that is if they spend ALL of their allowed money. It's focusing too much on free agency in the past that got the Jets in this cap situation in the first place IMO.

The average team has more money to spend than the Jets right now.

No, the Jets are relying primarily on the draft this year...they should, and they have to. You don't think that lots and lots of other teams are "taking their time" to dip into the remaining free agent pool? Who those teams are able to pick up in the draft will be a big determining factor as to the glaring needs they need to address. So, the competition to land free agents is still there.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Prices have gone down this year because the market was flush with CB's and WR's and teams have gradually realized that neither of those positions requires a star player for you to win. Teams are for the most part paying those guys as contributory players not as mainstays.

We're seeing all the one and two year deals because players haven't quite caught up to that line of thinking yet.

18. displacedfan

I left our rushing attack because that's influenced by the QB and pass offense to a degree. I took OL, D, and ST becasue those are things that will stay the same regardless of QB. But you do make a good point, especially about we aren't getting those 09 and 10 lineups back.

19. feldspar

feldspar Member

No way, dude. Look what Mike Wallace got in Miami...what was it $12 million per year with $30 million guaranteed? Percy Harvin was TRADED and got around $12 million per year, too. Wes Welker took less to be with a contender. Anquan Boldin is getting up there in age, too. No, the Mike Wallace deal is what gives you an idea of what the market is.

Wait until you see the contract Revis gets if he is traded.

Why don't you tell me some quality WRs and CBs that were had on the cheap in free agency to support your claim. How was the market "flush?" I'd be really interested to see what you came up with. Then tell me who is currently available that is very good...this won't change the Jets' cap situation, anyway. Maybe some WRs and CBs will sign for free or something.

How many Jets fans complain about how Revis was hurt and Sanchez didn't have anybody to throw to in attempt to explain why Sanchez (or the team) sucked last year. It's all over this thread. WRs and CBs ARE important. This is a QB-driven league. You have guys trying to catch the ball, and you have guys trying to stop them from catching the ball. That's a major portion of the game, so hell yeah, it's important.

#6139 feldspar, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  20. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I am with you. I not only remember Todd (and Duhe). I remember Dorow, Taliaferro, Woodall.... I don't have the luxury of waiting years for the Jets to develop someone. Thank Goodness I was here for their SB victory. I have serious doubts I will see another. Contracts nowadays are more manageable for draft picks. If you make a mistake and don't make the mistake of handing out an unwarranted extension to cover your ass, then you can cut someone loose and get someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.