Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Carson's statline last year:

345/565
    61.1%
    4018 yards
    22 touchdowns
    14 INTs
    2.5 INT %

If he comes cheap, should be considered. He had 0 games with more INTs than TDs last year. Again 99% chance any QB we get in FA is not going to be the long term future, but they could be a good stopgap until we draft a QB and even start until that new QB is ready.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The Bills...thats right people...the team that gave a journeyman 50 million dollars with 24 guranteed for winning 6 games...are interested in Mart Flynn.

Idzok, who traded for him, was not.

Pray they get him.

And consider what Idziks lack of interest implies betweeen him and sanchez for all you guys at the beginning of the thread, praying for Flynn.

And no, it aint Sanchez cap number. He could have dealt the greatest corner to ever play the game :)rofl2:) straight up for Flynn, then cut Sanchez in 2014.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Flynn has never been a possibility for the Jets. He has a $5.25M salary this season and the Jets cannot fit that under the cap with everything else that is going on.

If Palmer comes free the same dynamic will apply.

I think the odds are pretty good that Idzik would have tried to get Flynn from the Seahawks if his salary was a typical backup salary at this point.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Precisely.

Plus I don't get the idea that some seem to have that Palmer is more of a risk to injury than Garrard. We don't even know if Garrard is healthy enough to play.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's fair to have lost confidence in mark Sanchez but mark is still young and at his peak he helped us win 4 playoff games, palmer is older and pretty much shot and at his peak never won a playoff game despite his 2 career playoff games both coming at home.

It doesn't make sense to invest any $ and time into someone like Palmer.

6. nyjunc

Precisely:rofl::rofl: You are right, this explains what you know about this game precisely. It's all about meaningless fantasy #s. I feel bad for some of you guys, we have access to much more info than ever before and you still rely on meaningless fantasy #s.

7. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

With a new offense and new OC you need a QB that has the mental make up to learn and new system and help the rest of the offense.

I believe Garrard or Palmer would help your WR's become better because they have both learned new systems and done fairly well in them. You wont see the turnovers from them that you'll get from Sanchez.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

So what are you going to point to? Wins? Loses? Mark only won 5 games this year. Thats not good. The only QB with a worse supporting cast that Mark last year was Palmer and he put up better numbers (which does translate to helping the team) than Mark has ever had. Palmer also didnt have the luxury of a top 5 defense.

Palmer is a better QB than Sanchez at this point.

That being said, I would rather not have him.

9. nyjunc

Palmer had more talent to work with this year in a division and won 2 games against everyone besides the Chiefs.

on what planet did we have a top 5 D? Our D was 20th in PA and only 8th in YA b/c our O was so bad and opponents knew they didn't have to do much.

Carson Palmer does nothing for us.

10. Hobbes3259

Wins,? FAstest to 30.....?

Road playoff wins?

Those wins?

11. Hobbes3259

Not accurate. If you trade Revis, there will be a cap hit, but..and my math may be shaky, but his 6M salary, picked up by Seattle, would be less than the hot garbage.

If flynn was as advertised, Idik could have brought him here the moment pace,scott,Devito, et al were gone. New Oc, fresh start.

He didnt bring him, because its not an upgrade, and after wasting Seattles money on him, bringing here, and losing gets him fired.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You're not thinking really hard about what the Jets have to do this year.

They *could* have signed ANY free agent that has signed a contract so far. Even Mike Wallace was doable if it was just about the layout you were handing to a single player.

The Jets still have 5 or 6 starters to find and some of the solutions they have brought in so far have real injury histories. I like Willie Colon at LG but he has been on IR the last two seasons. I like Antonio Garay as a rotational DT/NT but he missed half of last season with injuries and he's 33. I like Antwan Barnes as a pass rusher at OLB but it's not clear that he's going to be a full time player.

Idzik has done a good job so far in fleshing out the roster but the Jets are still thin compared to most NFL franchises. They still have a lot of work to do before opening day and paying $5.25M to a prospect at QB doesn't fit in that scenario. Even paying that to an established vet is rough.

13. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Dude stop so making so much sense it might get contagious

14. displacedfan

Comp %, yards, TD, INTs, and INT % are meaningless #s? Please explain why they are meaningless? If anything they are much more indicative of a QB than Wins and losses. These numbers include things that the OL, RB, QB, and WR control while wins and losses include things that the OL, RB, QB, WR, DL, DT, LB, S, CB, K, P, KR, PR control.

What's so ridiculous about taking a flyer on Palmer? He comes cheap, he can be serviceable, and he played okay last year, better than any QB on our roster. There's no harm in bringing him in.

15. nyjunc

If you aren't winning or helping put your team in a position to win they are meaningless. I don't care if Carson palmer threw a bunch of garbage time Tds in games, that means nothing to me. What matters is when the game was in the balance did he make plays? the answer to that in most cases is NO.

There's nothing wrong w/ picking him up if he comes cheap BUT will he? and we already signed Garrard. How many vets do we need? I'd be ok getting another QB if we draft one but I think we are set w/ vets.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league. What has Mark done lately? Absolute shit. I dont really want to hear about wins that happened 3 years ago. Right now, he is a much different player than he was, so its hard for me to put much stock in them IMO.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm curious why you think every QB other than Tom Brady and Mark Sanchez throws all their TD's during "garbage time". You always discount stats as if they only happen during garbage time.

If you're going to continuously attribute stats of QB's you don't want to give credit to to garbage time you should first define what garbage time is, then define other labels to times of the game when stats are achieved, then break down every QB in the leagues stats and categorize them into each "time" of the game.

Otherwise your continuous pounding of the "garbage time" drum is nothing more than a childish deflection you hide behind that we can all easily see right through.

18. displacedfan

Funny how the QBs who consistently put their team in position to win have the best "meaningless" numbers? Do you think that's just a coincidence?

5th game of the year:
    Carson led his team to game tying TD with 44 seconds left against ATL.
    6th game of the year:
    Carson led his team to the game tying FG with 3:30 left in the game
    3rd game of the year,
    Carson led his team to the GW FG with 0 seconds left.
    8th game of the year:
    Down 18 heading into the 4th, Carson leads 3 TD drives including one cutting the lead to 3 with 3:30 left.

He played okay, better than Sanchez last year. Had better stats and put his team in position to win late in games more than Sanchez did. He would be a nice pickup and addition to this team.

Sanchez has not shown any "What matters is when the game was in the balance did he make plays? the answer to that in most cases is NO." He's done it twice in the last 1.5 years, against NE and against BUF last year. If you are down on Palmer you have to be really down on Sanchez.

#6038 displacedfan, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  19. nyjunc

wow so in 4 games he made some plays? Impressive- what about the other 12 games? why did they get much worse when he took over in 2011?

20. nyjunc

Keep falling prey to the "experts" and to fantasy #s. Every QB, every player will put up some garbage time stats but the guys who are truly the top guys are ones who come through more often than not in big spots. carson Palmer is nowhere near that discussion, other bug #s guys like Schaub, Rivers, etc... consistently fail in big spots. SD should have won multiple SBs in the mid-late 00s, Houston should have been a SB team this year and been in the playoffs 3 or 4 more times w/ Schaub.

But hide behind meaningless fantasy #s as if they tell us something.

I've discussed what garbage time is in the past, look up my post history. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.