Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If we didn't get Garrard and we could sign palmer for cheap sure I'd bring him as some competition and a vet backup but at this point it doesn't make any sense. If we are going to lose then we need to lose w/ a young guy or by giving Sanchez one last shot. We are likely losing either way, bringing in palmer does nothing for us.

It's not about stats, he's had nice stat years but he doesn't make plays to win and in big spots makes many mistakes. At home vs. us in 2009 he had 2 INTs, the rookie Sanchez playing his first playoff game(on the road) had none and was near flawless and while Cincy's D wasn't as good as ours it was a very good D and the main reason they won the AFC North.

'09 is in the past, we need to look to the future. Sanchez may never recover but I like his chances much better than a long time washed up Carson Palmer.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yeah totally agree.
    Things to watch for..if the Jets sign Kolb and draft a guy even late would make me think Sanchez will get cut after June 1st.
    If not i think he will be here though.

Also agree if QB play does not improve quite a bit this year, even with these recycled options, that unfortunately Rex and MM might be gone. Another coaching carousel would not be good, and will lengthen the rebuilding process even further. I think these are the right coaches....it's Idzik's job to get them something to work with.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hilarious comment. I don't know why I can still be shocked by your opinions but I guess I can. WOW.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Since I have considered Sanchez's contract a sunk cost and that his presence is a net negative, if the Jets sign Kolb I hope they cut Muck and use Garrard as the backup with McElroy third string. Ftr I do not like having someone with Garrard's record of major injuries as the backup, but that's still better than retaining Muck.

5. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Exactly. Someone please enlighten me of what the exact cap hit is if we cut Sanchez after June 1st. Sad I don't know this I know, but I just never envisioned them cutting him.

6. Big Blocker

junc is delusional and does not improve with age or, more to the point, discussions of points here. It is for a different reason than applies to Hobbes, but it is why I have him on ignore. I merely wish others would not quote him, but your quote showed him to be so laughably ludicrous that I enjoyed it.

Outside of Muck homers, 100 out of 100 NFL fans would take Palmer over Muck, to be sure. But of course junc is a Muck homer of the worst sort.

#6006 Big Blocker, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  7. BrowningNagle

I think it's very possible that Sanchez will be cut after June 1st as well, or even during/after Training Camp...I do not think it's a given that he will return like most.

I think it has alot to do with the draft. If there's a guy they covet, say Geno Smith or Nassib and they land him - I bet they send Sanchez packing and go ahead and take the cap hit. There could be other surprises as well.. who knows what veterans could become available.

8. Big Blocker

Well, to stick with Palmer for example, I tend to think it likely that someone else will take him who has more cap room. But if that doesn't happen, it is possible the Jets could get him and fit him under the cap. Renegotiate his contract to give him more next year and bonus arrangements - the point is I do not pretend to be a cap expert and give out suggested details, but I believe it is possible if Palmer was flexible. of course he need not be flexible if another team takes him, but if not...

Ftr, I don't like this draft for Qb's, so I hope that does not happen.

9. nyjunc

some of us are more informed than others, anyone that wants Carson palmer I question what they really know about this game. he is terrible and he had talent in a weak division. Do you remember how good Oakland looked early in 2011 w/ Jason Campbell as their starter? what happened when Carson stepped in? Did you notice how Cincy went from 4-12 w/ Carson in 2010 to the playoffs the last 2 years w/o him?

But he completed 60% of his passes so he must be good! He threw 22 TDs and 14 INTs last year so he must be good! Stop thinking and evaluating like the average fan.

Here's a good rule to follow, if Big Blocker agrees w/ you then there's an excellent chance you are wrong.

10. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Palmer has been trash since the injury. Are we trying to win a Super Bowl or 7 games? Let's work on getting our Franchise Q. What would be the point of bringing in Palmer? We have enough bad Qb's on our roster as is.

11. nyjunc

Continue to be a gutless average fan, that's on you. I don't worry about that the average fan thinks like. I am not swayed by "experts", I can evaluate w/ my eyes. Carson palmer is a bad QB w/ absolutely no upside to a team like the 2013 Jets. he's nothing more than a stat guy who doesn't even put up good stats anymore. He's not a winning QB but the average fan wants fantasy stats not wins. Stop being an average fan.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Damn near anybody would be an upgrade over Sanchez. Even Palmer, although he sucks too.

13. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I've been coming around to this possibility more and more. Although playing in the "shadow" of Sanchez will certainly lower expectations for the incumbent, our team would be doing neither itself, nor Mark, any favors by carrying him on the roster.

Unless the coaching staff desperately thinks that Mark will come around, I think he's gone. Again, you're right about the draft -- so much could happen between now and then. We could have two first round picks, Geno could fall to use. We could get Wilson in the third. Honestly, there's so much uncertainty, but the possibility of Mark getting cut is real.

14. BrowningNagle

I may be your average fan.... but by your definition, 99% percent of the known world must be average fans then. Because most everyone, fans or NFL decision makers, can see Carson Palmer is better at the QB position than Mark Sanchez. But you are right, you aren't the "average fan"..

Maybe you are smarter than everyone else as you sneakingly claim?

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think competition wise, bringing him in to compete with Mark for the gig would be best interest. Prob over Garrard who might not even make it through TC. If Palmer were cheap anyway.

I've already come to turns that Mark will be on the Jets roster this season, it doesn't make much sense to cut him at this point. We know Mark can win post-season games for you in the clutch, but i'm sure fans are disappointed he can't play decent on a consistent basis. Good one game, terrible the next 3.

16. nyjunc

I think most people use fantasy #s to judge including "experts", I think if you ever get a chance to talk to actual people involved in the game you'd get different answers.

17. nyjunc

If we hadn't brought in Garrard and palmer came cheap? Absolutely, I borught up that possibility months ago. He's a QB who can push Mark who mark would beat out. The problem is we already signed Garrard and who knows what it would cost to sign Palmer? I have no issue w/ him here, my issue is w/ folks who think palmer is better. Those people clearly don't watch a lot of football.

18. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i like garrard way better than palmer. in fact, i dont really like carson palmer all that much. hes got an arm on him but thats about it. never comes up big when you need him etc.

garrard is a much better choice for a legit qb competition

a lot of sanchez's turnovers are due to poor decision making, but there are also quite a bit that come from bad play design or route running, its just a part of the game, and every qb will see the same types of plays during the season, it seems though, that poor decision making, coupled with bad routes and no separation has turned sanchez into a turnover machine. its not because he is inaccurate that he keeps throwing picks. his problems can be fixed, and he has proven that he can both come through for the team in big spots and win in the playoffs. that is why you dont give up on sanchez just yet.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes, and if you had balls youd be your brother.

However. Every player has a bad game.

Peyton Manning shit the bed in the Meadowlands, in the playoffs.

Aaron Rodgers in the same stadium, needed 3 phantom turnovers according to the officials to eke out a 6-3 win, where he had the stones to say he saw nothing special in the Jets defense.

And for those of you that lived thru the Pennington/Schottenheimer years, the Arizona game would have been 14-0 by the time McElroy got in.

Sanchez worst game as a pro, and embarassing for ANY professional except the QBs on the other sideline to be sure.

But...while his perfromance was ....god awful(i was there) westhoffs remarks about Sparano play into that.

Worst performance by a QB ive ever seen. 17a and I were laughing about it, thats how bad it was. And you guys have been arguing with my defense of Sanchez...

And, on his side of the ledger, in that game...the OL did shit against their pass rush.

#6019 Hobbes3259, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I honestly don't think Palmer is that good post injury. At the same time, I'm not too sure about Sanchez also anymore. The thing I liked about Mark was he played big when you needed him the most, especially in the playoffs that was a strong attribute that not many QBs have. Statistically, he looks like a player that plays like shit, but I don't think we signed up for a QB to put up fantasy #s year in and year out.

Even if we were to get into the playoffs, I don't think he's got it in him anymore. Confidence is gone, a BIG hit away from curling into a little ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.