Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laxin

laxin Active Member

LOL at taking a blurb from two months ago...

Beastbeach posted below what I am talking about- you know, how Mike Mayock felt coming away from his proday.

And I didnt ask you to quote Mike Mayock, I asked you what do YOU think about him- what do you think about his arm talent, pocket presence, leadership ability, footwork, accuracy, intangibles, experience ect. Thats what "scouting" is... I dont want some line of bullshit saying that we are sending smoke signals. I want to know why you think he's not a first round talent. Its simple.

#5981 laxin, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. laxin

laxin Active Member

In this argument, it has everything to do with Sanchez. As Im sure you know, Hobbes is in love with Sanchez, and has taken it upon himself to let everyone know that Sanchez is a QB that will come to top form with a good OC.

After watching the last season and a half of Sanchez, even the common football watcher can realize he has regressed. Hobbes believes that MM can come in here and fix him; make him a top 10 QB.

Now Hobbes doesnt think Geno Smith is even a first round talent. He thinks he'll be a bust. Not my question is, why can Mark Sanchez be fixed by coaching, yet a rookie who hasnt been marred by bad development, cant be groomed into a good QB by coaching? Its a double standard.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Still waiting Hobbes...

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Sorry Lax ive been occupied.

What zi think is this Mayocks. Utups are damning.

Its easy to throw to your guys and no defense.

I was unfortunate enough to be sick and hime during the combine...

What the cut ups showed, consstently was down the field routes being thrown a the bench.

Even sanchez omakes that throw.

You could eli inate that, but what hawns when his inside rotues are covered by much quicker players?

A team will take him top 10 in a weak class, hes notmIT.

Any more than our number 5 has been IT.

If I had to bet on one, Id pass on Smith.

5. feldspar

feldspar Member

LOL, my man said it the best...

Right, so according to Hobbes, "Sanchez" beat the Cardinals, even though he played so badly that he was benched...he threw 3 INTs, and he SHOULD have thrown four...ZERO points, less than 100 yards, and less than 50% completions if you don't include the other team. The way he played was HIS fault, throwing the dumbest passes.

Then he has the hypocrisy to say that "you guys give credit to the team when he wins, and blame the QB when they lose." I'm interested to see what he thinks he does.

And if I had wheels, I'd be a wagon.

...the length that some people will go to in order to invent positive spins. How was Sanchez's completion rate over his 4 year career? That was not an anomaly.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

My Christ he was bad that game. I've said on like 5 different occasions "that's the worst I've ever seen him". He continues to outdo himself. Lol

No idea how anyone could look at the film of that game and say that is a competent NFL QB.

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the Garrard signing lessened the Jets interest in other veteran options. There's a difference between organized competition in training camp and semi-organized chaos. Having a couple of vets and couple of young guys in a real competition is probably about the most the Jets can manage effectively.

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Obviously it's Sanchez' job to lose. Garrard is no more than a body. After that, my guess is they'll see what falls to them in the later rounds and go from there.

Gonna be a long season next year.

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Exactly, Garrard is a fail safe. I get the apprehension if we get Cardinals Sanchez it will be a long season but if we get step up Sanchez he solves a lot of problems.

Think he is good or sucks he is the Jets QB. What I don't get is the hoping he fails crowd.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

because even at his best he's still not good enough to lead this team to a super bowl. that's why they want him to fail.

13. Br4d

I guess I should be prepared to be surprised then. I still believe the Jets are probably cutting Sanchez after June 1st. 4 years is 4 years. He's not suddenly going to become Joe Montana incarnate at this point.

Could he possibly be the best QB the Jets have on the roster going into next season? I really hope not because that's Rex's ticket out the door.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

THe Jets still seem to be in the runing for Kolb. I think he would be better than Campbell on the Jets, so I don't mind seeing Campbell go to the Browns.

Of course if hte Jets do not get Kolb, it will suck, heh, since Campbell is MUCH better than Muck.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Also Carson Palmer maybe as well if he doesn't restructure his contract. Palmer is prob the best option out of anyone.

Anyone feel there's just too many QBs on this roster already? Tebow and McElroy are surely to get cut at some point.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I doubt McElroy gets cut. But I would love to get Palmer here. I have been following him a bit, and he's been having problems more of the team's making htan his own.

17. Br4d

Palmer would too expensive against the cap. If the Jets pick up another QB it's going to be somebody they can add without blowing up the cap. There are just too many holes to fill at this point to put $6M+ on the cap for any one of them.

None of the QB's on the roster at this point are a lock to be there coming out of camp. That said, I think the Jets options at QB right now leave a lot to be desired. They're like castaways on the island of misfit toys.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Carson Palmer is terrible, those wanting Palmer over giving Sanchez another chance are nuts. There's absolutely no upside to Palmer. At his best he's mediocre(since the injury, pre injury he was a different player) and we aren't winning anything w/ him. Carson Palmer on the '09 and '10 Jets and we probably don't win a playoff game or win 1 if we are lucky.

19. 101GangGreen101

He hasn't been the same since Kimo von Oelhoffen ruined his knee, but he did have some decent statistics last season and would be an immediate upgrade. I just don't see what the Jets FO sees in McElroy, he almost got killed in his lone start, and I still don't believe he has an NFL caliber arm. If they signed Palmer or Kolb, keeping Sanchez on the roster is pretty much obsolete.

Shit yeah, he would count for about 9 million I believe, his remaining contract. Too bad he wouldn't clear waivers, teams would want his services and would be willing to pay the QB 9M. We are definitely stuck with what we have now pretty much. It would take a miracle.

Our new OC, is prob crying right now with the options he has available. Damn shame, if we go 4-12 and Woody fires Rex, I would hope MM doesn't have to go with him. What a mess.

20. 101GangGreen101

I highly doubt we are winning anything with what we have now. I thought he would come cheap if he clears waivers or something, but that prob isn't the case. Mark can prob be fixed, I agree with Brad that the mental issues would still loom. That next "Von Miller" hit would immediately set him back.

I thought Palmer had a pretty crappy year with the Raiders but that crappy year was 22 TD and 14 INTs. Palmer with the 09 Jets with Sanchez sitting and we prob get to the same point we were in. He's got a major gunslinger mentality, but it's not his fault Revis shutdown his only option in 85. 09 is a thing of the past though - we need to get back on the winning track - and at least try and save Rex's job - the offense is going to get this man fired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.