Braylon Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Penning10

Penning10 Member

Hey everyone, just was interested on getting a general overall feeling on bringing back Edwards.

I'm not as crazy about him as some others on these boards, but considering the lack of depth at WR, the consistency factor, and favorable contract we could probably get him for...how come he's still out there? Do you think that WR is a position the Jets will target in the middle rounds of the draft (even though we took Hill last year)?

Again, i'm not his biggest fan, but he was banged up last year and still showed he has a little left in the tank. I think he should already have been re-signed. Thoughts??

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I've been waiting to hear about him any time now. Most people claim we need all this WR help but how can we really hang our heads about Holmes, Hill, Bray, and J Kerlz?
    I've always been a fan of Edwards, and I think he showed himself worthy in the limited time he had last year. He was always a great Jet, and I don't see any reason this team needs to go another direction, especially with all the immediate needs on the team. I say draft a wideout in the 5th round at the earliest, or maybe bring in a DHB type wr to compete. As long as Braylon stays..

#2 NYJalltheway, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I say no because its time to move on and find a permanent long term replacement threw the draft. I think the Braylon ship has sailed and if we do sign him it wont be till after the draft,but i dont think we will bring him back

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I don't see any reason he can't be a long term answer. He has had his off the field issues yes, but been much better lately. He's no spring chicken anymore I get it, but he's not exactly TO, or Ocho either.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

From what I saw in the 3 or so games that he was here, he still has some in the tank. The main reason that I want us to re-sign him is because he wants to be a Jet. Meaning that he's gonna play hard and that he shouldn't cost much.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

IMO they should bring him back. Even if the Jets draft a WR (they should) the young WRs should have the chance to earn their spot on the field. Day 1 starting WR group should be Holmes, Edwards, and Kerley. Let Hill and Rookie prove in camp that they deserve to be on the field before being thrown to the wolves.

Thats better for both the Jets and whoever ends up starting at QB next year.

7. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I doubt he will garner much attention from other teams, and has said he wants to be a Jet. Thoes two factors coupled with him having something to prove as well as being signed on the cheap should be reason enough.

Let Tone and Edwards start with JK in the slot and Hill running the deep routes (some double moves in there as well). This reciving core needs to be more consistant and signing Bray-Bray is a step in the right direction and makes financial sense.

*Dont expect to see this move anytime soon, post draft signing.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This makes absolutely zero sense.

The guy has LOVED playing for this organization and still showed promise in the little time he was here last season. Not only will he be cheap, but he provides depth at the skill positions like we need. There is no reason in just letting him walk. Solid depth and loves this team. This is a no brainer.

No one is saying he is taking the place of a young guy. It would be nice having him around the facility helping the young ones and his locker room presence.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Hes the guy you need ro break in Hill.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'd like to have him back, he can be a good placeholder until Hill is ready. They need to draft a WR as well.

imo Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, and Hill is a decent group of receivers.

11. Falco21

That's exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote it. Him showing Stephen Hill the ropes would be sweet

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We should bring Bray Bray back to teach Hill how to catch the ball. Oh wait....never mind.

Jokes aside, our best year was with Sanchez throwing the ball to Santonio, Coles, and Edwards. Would love to see a repeat with Kerley playing the roll of Coles and maybe that Rugby guy playing Keller.

13. Falco21

Or possibly Fred Davis :breakdance:

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Bring him back, we need WR depth - Braylon is a QB friendly WR also.

15. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

I don't see why we shouldn't bring him back. Cheap. Wants to be here. Can make some plays. And we need some wideouts.

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Because he's 30 years old.

17. TwentyFour

TwentyFour New Member

Bring back Braylon. He loves being a Jet and we need veteran leadership like that to bring on our young players. He fits Idzik's mantra of competition for places too.

We should also draft a WR in anticipation of Braylon and Holmes being cut in 2014. Then we'd have the 2nd year player, Kerley and Hill. Hopefully Hill improves his game and we will have a good young WR corps in 2014.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Idzik comes from the team that let Edwards walk last year. He may resign Bray if he's unable to sign some younger guys to compete, but I don't think he shares the love affair many have with Edwards. If he's brought back into the mix it would be most likely after the draft.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I've always been a big Braylon fan but I think it's time to move on and bring in some younger talent. Get the 13 overall (plus more picks) from Tampa and take Austin.

20. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I won't be excited too much either way if they let him go or bring him back. It would be nice to have some depth but if Idzik wants to bring in some more young guns then I'm fine with that as well.