Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Has it really come to this? Since you cant win an argument with me you must revert to childish (and uncreative) name calling? Ha.

Well we can let him be the judge on whether QB is a need. Im pretty sure any objective person that knows football will disagree with you. Its laughable that you can sit there and call Geno a shitty QB (without providing any reasoning as to why), yet you defend a QB that has been consistently at the bottom tier in the NFL.

Let me ask you this, what does Mark have that Geno doesnt? Mark certainly doesnt have a better arm than him. Geno is more physically gifted. He has more experience coming into the NFL. He also had much better stats than Mark (71% completion and .01% interception rate is nothing to laugh at). You seem so embedded on this idea that coaching cures everything, so why cant a coach fix some of the flaws Geno has?

You are clearly biased on your love with Sanchez and have this fixation that revolves around him, rather than the team. Its as clear now, as it has ever been.

And also, Shariff Floyd? Really? DE is honestly the ONE position we dont have to adress in the draft for the next 8 years. I would probably kick a small animal if we drafted another 3-4 DE. C'mon, is that really the best you've got? Ive been studying this draft since august.

2. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Let me start this by saying I do NOT believe we should draft a 34 DE or even another NT in the first round. I will say however, that drafting Shariff Floyd would excite the hell out of me. I am one that believes Rex is a master at using the talents of his players to their best ability. Last year was a down year, and they still finished 8th overall. That was without a passrush, and with slow footed linebackers. If you were to add Shariff Floyd, you simply move to more 4 man fronts in which you can shuffle where you line up your three studs. Tell me you can't picture Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis and Floyd ... lined up at different spots every play, wreaking havoc on opposing offenses.

Is it what we SHOULD do? No, but if Floyd is there at 9, and we truly want to embrace taking the best talent on the board when we pick ...

3. drs23

drs23 New Member

Thanks. Will take this to the draft section. My bad. Looks like we're seeing things the same.

Thanks

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Wilkerson and Floyd are very similar... If we went to a 4-3 defense, then I could understand the pick to some extent. But still, who would play DE? Coples could, but he's a better interior player. Wilkerson? Maybe, but he's too big and is better suited on the interior... Floyd? He's a better interior player. We keep drafting interior players. We have to draft outside rushers in order to maximize the interior players.

Also, talk about BPA... how about Warmack? No one here would touch a guard at 9, but he's a top 5 player in this draft. If you want to draft purely based on BPA, then Warmack would be the choice.

Sorry Mods for getting a little off topic...

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Cmon Lax, im the guy that came up with Mevi$ lol.

No harm intended.l.but guards, you dont draft before 20, and Geno Smith..,.,sucks.

Sanchezs flaws are primarily in decision making, so a coach can get the ball out of his hands quicker to mitigate that.

Geno Smith, (and Mayock illustrared this) throws sideline routes 7 yards OOB, and half of those were in workouts, not games, no oressure.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Cool story bro

Anyways I would write it down like I did last year when you said this:

but you're not to be taken seriously outside of entertainment factor so I'm not going to write it down. But I'll probably remember it and make fun of you for it later on.

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The moral of the story is if Hobbes ever agrees with you should question what your thinking. I have never seen anyone wrong more consistently on everything they say. Add in the self righteous continuous spam posts and well it goes beyond comedy.

8. Hobbes3259

Guy won six games with his top three targets, missing a combined 25 or so games.

Was 2 completions a game from 60pct completion rate.so, in the end I was right about Sparano being better than Schitty, though not having a crystal ball I didnt forsee the rash of injuries.

Oh my.

You guys credit the team when he wins, and blame the QB when they lose..
    And IIRC it was a cheap play by a Phag that injured Hill. Even though they phins lost anyway.

Yeah..you now what your talking about.

BTW...BB..interesting how you totally sidestep the Phins in your response.

Ok bitch beast...put your money where your mouth is...

Will Wallace and Keller earn their combined 17 mil rhis year?

How about you Noam, you like to take a cheap shot, on right and wrong....maybe you have the balls to weigh in too...l?

Step up....or Shut up.

#5968 Hobbes3259, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  9. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

Stalemate......

10. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Huh? How did Sanchez manage to beat the Cardinals by leading the offense to 0 points before he was pulled?

Your cap figures are way off. I think Keller and Wallace will have a combined cap hit of around 7.5 million this year. Not 17 million. At 7.5 million combined, the answer is easily yes.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I guess we're also supposed to give him credit for "leading" us to the Indy win, when he managed to complete 11 passes for 82 yards, while we were busy rushing for over 250.

The fact is, other than the Bills and Dolphins games, every other winning game plan was based on keeping him as invisible as we possibly could - Cards, Indy, Jags, and even the Rams game.

Our leader.
    Our franchise QB.
    Great.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

What the fuck do the Dolphins have to do with the Jets? You have zero idea how to discuss anything and make proper counterpoints. Case in point here.

lolz homerthink has really clouded your judgment if you just assume that being a fan of a team means you totally agree with their decisions. If thats what being a fan is to you then it is no shock that you think Sanchez is a good QB and that the Jets were injuries away from the playoffs last year and that you actually have a good offense.

Lmao man you really got me...if Wallace and Keller don't live up to their contracts I will be SOOO wrong about the Jets. Strong logic there buddy

13. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

hobbes i agree with you: if sanchez had his full compliment of receivers last year he would have played like rodgers, brady, brees-the sky's the limit!

oh boy...

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im not sure what you are reading, because Mike Mayock fricken loves Geno Smith, especially after his proday. I watched his proday, and he missed on maybe 3 throws- only ONE was slightly overthrown on a short out.

Simple thing I would like for you to expand on- What is your assessment on Geno Smith? How come his "flaws" cant be fixed like Sanchez's can with a real OC that you seem to believe so strongly in?

Its really simple... a small scouting report on Geno. No bull crap like "he sucks. blah blah blah". I would like you to expand on your unconventional view on him.

15. Hobbes3259

Loves?

likes. Not loves, and as a first rounder, but not a top ten talent.

Hes fortunate to be the best regarded QB in a weak QB draft...

The Jests are sending smoke signals in case Arizona, and Buffalo are smart enough to pass.

Though I doubt that.

16. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

He is entertaining...when I read his posts here's what I see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP_Kr6i7itM&sns=em

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

As usual you are full of shit. You hear one thing and ignore the reality:

http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x898150961/Geno-Smith-is-a-touchy-subject-for-Browns

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yep, $7.5M in 2013. Wallace has absurd cap numbers moving forward though. If Tannehill doesn't turn out to be the one the Fins are going to be hurting bad for years.

19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What does Geno Smith's potential have to do with Sanchez. If Jets did draft Geno and he came in and started and sucked the whole process would start all over with the fan Base hating him.

Geno is not a come out of college QB and start according to most analyst. He has very high bust potential also that would require patience to develop and learn a complicated offense say five years can you wait five years?

20. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

No, I don't want to wait 5 years, I want results now! Start McElroy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.