Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What falls? Falls. I'll be ready in any scenario. I will keep a weather eye on what's inbound. It would be nice for a late season biggie. I'll keep u guys posted as best I can.

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Yeah cman...I like your numbers..the short term 12 hour models are doing really well in you area.

Brook!..thanks so much my friend...using shot glasses today!...

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Enjoy Jay

Thank God you are a Jet fan and writing here in TGG Forum.

4. jaywayne12

Thanks brook..lol..I really enjoy this site.

Final models do keep the storm mostly to our south..but we should get 1-3 2-4..as you get down towards central and south jersey things really pick up. L.I. and even NYC get more than North Jersey but hey..you never know...like I said, a 20 mile swing and things change.

Will follow radar tonite to see if there are any changes.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Happy birthday junior house of weather guy,,,,,,,enjoy :beer:
    I myself will be out this evening but I will check or any updates later,,,be safe all

6. jaywayne12

Thanks CBG!....had a great time....great family...he, if passes, starts driving on Tuesday. HMMMM...have to tell you, as dad, you try to teach them to be mentally tough. At the same time, good kids and men. Proud of him..until he gets his license and the Dad turns in to a pile of mush. I guess the first week with their license is the worst. Scares the hell out of me.

ANYWAY....WOW...WOW..For those that want snow. This thing cant break north Im totally convinced. Have tried to hang on because you hear it everywhere and models have shown it but the trends as you get closer? This thing, if the short term models are right..and I do believe they are...is going to get into South Jersey..perhaps central Jersey..and just struggle to move north at all. I really would not be surprised if up here we get a bit of grass accum and nothing much else.

Could very well be wrong by I see the Weather Channel has us for 3-5 and even the NWS has us for up to 4 with the following Hazardous Outlook but I think by morning things will change prediction wise.

From the NWS:
    ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM MONDAY TO
    MIDNIGHT EDT MONDAY NIGHT...

* LOCATIONS...NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...NYC METRO AREA...AND LONG
    ISLAND.

* HAZARD TYPES...WET SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 3 INCHES WITH
    ISOLATED AREAS UP TO 4 INCHES.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE MID 30S.

* VISIBILITIES...LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW BANDING COULD REDUCE
    VISIBILITIES TO LESS THAN 1 MILE AT TIMES.

* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP DURING THE MORNING
    RUSH HOUR...AND CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY EVENING. A PERIOD OF
    SNOW BANDING...RESULTING IN MODERATE SNOW...COULD OCCUR DURING
    THE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING HOURS.

* IMPACTS...ANY ACCUMULATING WET SNOW ON UNTREATED SURFACES
    WILL RESULT IN DIFFICULT AND SLIPPERY DRIVING CONDITIONS.

I just do not think so.

Next week of course the models are showing another huge storm and my guess it ends up exactly like this..or close to it.

Then by the middle of next week..about 10 days away...spring starts to set in.

Warmer at the end of this week...cools off weekend...blizzard on Monday(sarcasm?) and then spring.

Long winded..but there you go.

7. Cman68

Good amount of snowfall this morning for the rush hour. 0630 we had about 2" of wet snow already on the ground. Big assed snowflakes too. Not enough to use BigA but it was nice to see anyway. Very pretty..

[​IMG]

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Looks like a Thomas Kinkade painting

9. jaywayne12

great looking pic cman.

Yeah...this storm isnt moving north at all. Jersey shore is getting some but its just not moving north. They still have the winter weather advisory up for here but its not going to happen.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman,,,,like a post card :beer:

Keep us posted ,,,,

11. Cman68

Snow's over here in SoCen Pa. Looks like 2.5" on the grassy areas and that's fine considering I live very near the top of a steep hill. :)

Ok, I'm done with winter now. Time to run Sta-bil thru the bigboy and put him back in the garage for the next 8 months. I need a prolonged warm up now so I can get to my other hobby.... FISHING!!!!

If I see that f'n groundhog, I'm gonna make a hat out of his ass..

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

too bad you didn't get to use the machine. i have an ariens at work and that thing really eats.haven't seen anything it can't handle.

do you trout fish or just the big water?

13. Cman68

Mostly big water because of poorly stocked lakes out here. I do have a boat and plan to do a lot more freshwater this year. Crappies, Catfish and smallmouth are my favorites in the sweetwater.

14. jaywayne12

Winter is over!!...Yes....Cman...too bad you didnt get more but still..you received. Up north here, it was a joke. I pointed out last night that the NWS was foolish for putting out a winter weather advisory and held on to it until almost 11 am today.

Not a bad year...next year will even be better. Always on the site everyday checking out any JET info and of course Rangers and Knicks so if anyone has a vacation or something and needs info would gladly help out..give at least a weeks notice if I can help.

What this really means is Im off...lol..enjoyed it...really did. Unless there is really severe weather or a monster rain storm or a hurricane, Im done for now but will be checking in.

Anything I see in the future is pointing to the end of winter..and even next weeks storm is rain. Its been cold...will start to warm up this weekend but will not get to feel like spring for probably another week or so.

Enjoy it!! Feel free to post if you have any questions and just give me a few to answer.

And cman! Im with you! This weekend is all about getting the poles ready and gearing up for my true love...large mouth bass baby!!

CBG...BROOK..murrell....johnny...type...drew...SM...Cman...silent...FJF...JIL...and all the rest...enjoyed it guys.

Oh..and most importantly....Sundayjack...who had the idea that people like to know in advance if they might be getting shitty(or great) weather and made this thread. If it were not for Jack..no weather thread. Thanks bud.

Have a great one guys!!

#3654 jaywayne12, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Brought a tear to my eye!! :,-)

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the memories Jay :beer:

It was a fun few months and hopefully next year brings more snow and less busts ,,,,,I guess it's back to talking about how much I hate the new stadium and if Revis is gone and how on earth people are still defending Sanchez :breakdance:

I guess this means the Easter bunny won't be wearing snow shoes,,,,,,talk to you all soon

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

thanks for the info this winter jay,great job as usual.
    good luck with the bass, as or me, i will be standing in the trout stream next monday.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

We share the same pain Jay!

19. Cman68

Well Jay, I usually start a fishing thread in the spring and summer so check in w/pics and such. Between that and the smoking meat/BBQ/Grilling thread, we'll find ways to get thru these horribly warm and sunny days that lie ahead pardner!

Bring on the Spring!

20. Cman68

If I tried that here in Pa, I'd be standing in the ER getting treated for hypothermia.. :)

Good luck out there Flajet! Put a few in the bag for us! :beer: