Jets Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CodeGreen, Mar 22, 2013.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Round 1 Jarvis Jones LB, UGA
    I know his most recent workout was a bust. I don’t see Jordan or Ansah being available. If this pick is not an edge guy it has to be an offensive lineman. No one else

Round 2 Matt Elam S, Florida
    His stock seems to have leveled out a bit since earlier in the draft process, but still think this guy is a playmaker. If not Elam, maybe a running back with this pick

Round 3 Travis Frederick C/G, Wisconsin
    This is probably a little late to address the offensive line. Love the versatility Frederick provides here, can play center if Mangold goes down.

Round 4 Mike Gillislee RB, Florida
    Not saying Gilleslee is the answer, but Powell is the only starting caliber running back on this team and even he can’t carry the full load.

Round 5 Levine Toilolo TE, Stanford
    Jeff Cumberland had a surprisingly decent season and looked like a decent option as a starting tight end. That said it is only one season and Toilolo is 6’8” and if nothing else he is a good blocking tight end.

Round 6 Walter Stewart DE, Cincinnati
    You can never have too many pass rushers. This is probably a miracle pick because Stewart’s name has been circulating as a hot developmental pass rusher prospect

Round 7 Kapron Lewis Moore DE, Notre Dame
    This is a very buy low. Moore is a solid run defender but his ACL is destroyed. Not sure what the time table is for his recovery but in round seven I’d take a shot.

Thoughts. Questions. Comments

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i could live with this. love gillislee in th 4th. we would be lucky to get elam in the 2nd

3. cxhannan

cxhannan New Member

Pick 9 Chance Warmack G Alabama This is a can't miss prospect that will instantly help the entire offense function. He is the definition of a road grader, and is an instant starter.

(If we trade Revis for Tampa's first I want Tavon Austin WR West Virginia, home run threat on every play and adds explosive element to the offense.)

Pick 39 Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse Tough guy who fits the mode of a west coast QB. Could be starting mid way through the season.

Pick 72 Eric Reid S LSU Big time hitter, but is somewhat of a liability in coverage. Could replace

Pick 103 Jelani Jenkins LB UF Tremendous speed, can run sideline to sideline with the best of them, but needs more seasoning/ coaching.

Pick 141 Ryan Otten TE San Jose St Big receiving Tight end

4. Jonky

Jonky Banned

Love the picks as Code made them until the end. I know sixth and seventh rounders are long shots, but would rather have an OL then 2 DE's late. Awesome job!

5. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Well Stewart would be more of a stand up linebacker. Moor would be a downlineman

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be all that upset with this draft. I'd like to see a receiver added somewhere too.

If Matt Elam makes it to pick 39, I think he could be an awesome addition to the secondary.

Wouldn't complain with Frederick either, but I have a feeling the Jets might go into the season with Colon and Ducasse as the guards. (I'd like to see Slauson back though)

I'd also like to see a TE added earlier. From what I've read, Toilolo isn't supposed to be much of a blocker.

Stewart could be a steal if he's available there and checks out medically

7. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

First pick I would like to grab Jordan, jones or ansah whose ever there.
    2, 3, 4 I would prefer Safety, reciever, tight end, guard-BPA out of them

List of players I'm looking at
    Kelce
    Bailey
    Hunter
    Elam
    Reid

I need to do some more scouting on some safety's and recievers.

8. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I thought about a receiver later, I just dont think the Jets receiving corps is as bad as people seem to think.

Sort of surprised so many people think Elam won't be there at 39. I certainly think that Elam is the second best safety behind Vaccaro, but I dont think Elam is a first round lock by any stretch

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Holmes has been unreliable for a couple reasons and probably won't survive past 2013 with what he's making. Stephen Hill is certainly a guy this team needs to depend on to play a big role and has to step up. Jeremy Kerley is a great slot WR. Other than that, they're pretty thin. Hopefully Braylon is signed, but this team could benefit from another WR. But I do agree with you, it's not the biggest area of concern right now.

I wouldn't say he's a lock, but I think his value is toward the bottom of the first or early in the second.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

baltimore and s.f. both lost their safeties to f.a.even if the gave elam a high 2nd round grade one of them is going to see it as not much of a reach to grab him. i would love to get him, but would be shocked if he was there at 39

11. drs23

drs23 New Member

Post count too low to start new thread so I'm posting this here..

Gang Green Nation,

Texan fan here.

I'm mocking for the Jets on my home MB so I've been researching you guys draft needs for several days. It looks like laxin has pretty much nailed it from what I can gather. It looks safe to predict that I can take Dion Jordan in the first. He's the highest rated OLB on my board. If he's not there I'm looking at Ziggy Ansah, though I'm really tempted to snag Chance Warmack since I think the OL is one of the main reasons that Sanchez shit the bed last season.

After that I'm looking to go BPA at FS/SS, TE, WR and hoping one of the feature backs fall to me in the third.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks...

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If one of Jarvis Jones, Jordan, or Ansah is your first pick you did good for the Jets. I think most of us value an edge rusher over a guard at this point, despite how good Warmack is. He'll no to Mingo, don't fall for that trap.

We need a saftey for sure, if some how Elam falls to you in the second great. Reid as well would be a good fit. I like Rambo in the third or later. The kid has a nose for the ball.

TE is another need, but don't over reach for it. If Eiffert or Ertz fall sure, but no need to reach on Jordan Reed or Escobar in the second. There should be talent there in rounds 3-5.

Guard and running back old be good choices if someone you have ranked high falls. If a lot of your second round targets are gone players like Warford, Lacey, Bernard would be good fall back options. Both of these spots can be handled later in the draft. RB has good depth into round 5.

As for Wideout, we could use one, but with Holmes returning and having Kerley and Hill still Growing it is a position that may be better than it looked last year without much draft help. If the edge rushers are gone in the first look at Patterson or Austin. It's another slot that could be drafted in from rounds 2-5 and gets some talent or at least some depth.

If stedman Baily is there in the third grab him. He's criminally under rated in the mock draft world.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

With both Baltimore and San Francisco needing a saftey there is no way Elam gets to us in the second. I would love it, but I don't see it at all.

If the draft falls out like this I would not be unhappy at all.

14. drs23

drs23 New Member

Let me start by saying Mingo was NEVER on my board. I may be wrong but he has bust written on his forehead to me.

I have a WR pegged because recovery from a Linsfranc injury is so unpredictable and they're very deep in this draft.

Greatly appreciate the rest of the sound advise. Sounds like we're on the same page. I'll try to do Jet Nation proud.

100% agree

15. drs23

drs23 New Member

Update

With the 9th selection the NY Jets select: Dion Jordan, OLB, OREGON DUCKS

Tried to post a pic but post count too low.

Strengths: Rare athleticism for his size with loose hips and smooth footwork to move naturally in any direction. Looks like a basketball small forward in football pads with his tall, long frame and flexible joints, looking comfortable in space.

Fluid change of direction skills in his transition, quickly redirecting. Very good first step with natural bend and closing burst off the edge to flatten to the quarterback. Active and doesn't quit. Uses his length well with violent hand use, using quick mitts to make it tough for blockers to combat them.

Physical striker to separate man from ball with the arms to easily wrap and finish. Fiery demeanor and has a good head on his shoulders. Good awareness and experience lining up all over the defenses' front-7, even spending time covering the slot receiver and dropping in coverage. Still growing and sky is the limit with his athletic potential.

Weaknesses: Lean and lanky body type. Needs to add bulk to his frame and get stronger, but there are questions about how much weight he can add to his body. Lacks dominant upper body power to win with his hands. Still learning his pass rush moves and needs to develop in this area.

Needs to stay controlled, often overrunning the pocket or his intended target. Lacks experience putting his hand on the ground and rushing from a 3-point stance. Lacks a natural position and will be viewed as a defensive end by some and a strong-side linebacker by others.

Still raw in a lot of areas and will need time to grow at the next level. Strong durability concerns with various injuries over his career, notably a tender right shoulder that plagued him much of 2012. Only average production at Oregon with just 14.5 career sacks

Compares to: Chandler Jones, DE, New England Patriots - Although Jones is stronger and a bit more polished at this point in his development, scouts see that type of potential for Jordan plus he brings much more position versatility and upside.

--Dane Brugler

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

u wont get an argument from many around here. good job.

17. drs23

drs23 New Member

2nd Round

With the 39th pick the NY Jets select: T.J. McDonald, Safety, USC

Height: 6-3. Weight: 219. Arm: 32 1/4. Hand: 8 7/8.
    40 Time: 4.59.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-3.
    3/9/13: McDonald notched 112 tackles, 6.5 tackles for a loss, three passes broken up and two interceptions in 2012. He was a physical enforcer for the Trojans' defense. McDonald had impressive days against Stanford and Utah, but struggled versus Oregon. He put on a quality showing at the Senior Bowl. McDonald was okay at the Combine. He looks like a straight-line safety for the NFL. - Walter Football

18. nyspartan

nyspartan New Member

Think mcdoald wud b avail ib the 3-5 rd...and there's at least 4-5 other safties ib wud have taken over him....don't know who was avail

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hmm. this pick would be curious though - especially going D in both rounds 1 and 2. thanks for keeping us posted. good luck.

BTW - how many QB's have been taken?

20. NFL

NFL Active Member

Where do you guys see Johnathan Cypran being picked?

Also T.J McDonald? He might succeed here with Thurman and his dad as DBs coach.