Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

See I see him mentally as the biggest problem. He needs to fix that, otherwise he can get much worse.

We won 6 games last year. We could be a better team this year and still win less. Just because we got better doesn't mean everyone else stayed the same.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yoire wrong. His accuracy was fine last year.

3. Hobbes3259

Like you Mevi$ butt boy.

4. Hobbes3259

Dont take Blocker seriously. Hes deranged.

He thinks we should give 10 pct of the salary cap to a,two time holdout corner, but insists that schotty and sparano are so good, that the QB is the problem here....

Seeing a pattern?

5. Hobbes3259

TBT and Laxative are,at least tolerable in that regard.

Have you noticed that BB likes to spew 4 paragraphs of dog doo, to make a non point.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yes. threw it right into the chest multiple times (does it matter if that chest was wasn't wearing Jets green?)

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nobody was open last year. I am not sure accuracy can be blamed as a main issue for Sanchez. I can not remember thinking to myself "man, that WR was wide open and Sanchez missed him!" very much at all. He had to throw the ball perfectly into the smallest of windows because the skill players sucked. Heck, Shonn Greene can't even catch a 2 yard pass right to his chest.

9. Hobbes3259

Yes..i get it. gay batman GIFs are dun to post. Try actually watching the film.

Sanchez consistently put rhe ball on the numbers, and was victimized more by drops, and retarded route running than his own inaccuracy.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree with your post to an extent, and the Jets structure on how to develop QBs need to change also. That starts with drafting a new QB AS WELL as having a plan set in place to make sure he has ALL of the tools to succeed. Everything resolves around the QB, every move you make. The Jets have failed several times already.

Richard Todd, Ken O'Brien - QBs of the past the Jets organization didn't do their entire best in developing. They had their time in the sun for a season or so - but longevity obviously wasn't in their plans.

When we draft a new QB, every decision the front office makes, the QB should be considered. Will it make him better or worse?

http://turnonthejets.com/2012/05/new-york-jets-how-not-to-develop-a-young-quarterback/

That's why I don't hold the entire accountability on just MS, the FO has just as much to blame. It appears that a lot of fans want to shoulder the blame on just the QB - that's wrong 100%.

Yeah well BB defended schotty so his credibility was already shot

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Are long runs from Adrian Peterson discounted when they figure his YPC average? Brad Smith? Nope. Sorry, but it's like I said. Averages is an EXACT science. There is no guestimation involved. Sanchez' stats show he was below his career average in 2012. Plain simple factual statement.

The injuries were a fact of reality. Find me another single team in the league that could lose it's 3 best playmakers for most of the year and not have it effect the win/loss record. Dismissing that as an excuse, doesn't mean it's wrong or didn't affect his poor season.

Below average is below average. They weren't nearly the same. The other dude said they were on par with his average, which wasn't true. Completion percentage and picks were near average, but still below. TDs and fumbles were WELL below average. 5.3 TDs is a big difference, like like 4.4 fumbles. I'm not offering excuses for Sanchez. I'm offering facts. 2012 was a bad year for him, on par with his ROOKIE season. He wasn't quite as bad, but close 2 it. Playmakers matter. You aren't going to win in a stat battle with me. I've crapped on several people on here trying to make up stats and change the meaning of averages. I'm not saying Sanchez is good either, so before you accuse me of that, read my posts for what they actually say.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

2011 was still his best season. It wasn't a great season, but it was his best. Anybody can cherry pick 3 games here and there. Look at his first 3 games and he's near the top 10. But that wasn't even my point. My point was 2012 was below average and the facts back me up. We lacked playmakers in 2012. That's also a fact. I'm not defending him, but it sure seems like some people are going out of there way to put words in my mouth and accuse me of being an "apologist". That crap is laughable.

#5872 Barcs, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Hilarious. My side showed all facts yet I didn't get the complimentary knob shlobbing. What gives? Oh wait I already know. :lol:

#5873 Barcs, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Now you are mischaracterizing the position I have taken in the past. What you are implying is that I thought Schotty was a good or even better than that OC. I NEVER said that. I said he was being scapegoated for all the problems that existed on the Jet O, particularly by Sanchez Lovers such as yourself. And that congenital sufferer of message board diarhea Hobbes as well, who I have on ignore and would appreciate no one else quoting.

I was 100% right about that.

I also said that the Jets would serve no purpose in getting rid of Schotty if they did not replace him with a better OC. They replaced him with Sparano and the O was worse.

I was also 100% riight about that.

You continued to defend Muck, and then effectively lie about what I said in the past, and have the nerve to talk about credibility.

You don't know anything about real credibility .

15. 101GangGreen101

:rofl:mad: calling me a Sanchez lover or that I am defending Mark - I figured comprehension wasn't your strong point - my issue here is with both parties - the NY Jets and Mark Sanchez.

They got Sparano with the intent of getting Todd Haley - which would of been a good combination because Haley preaches on getting rid of the football fast. It didn't work out, and it burned in their faces when they decided not to continue to address the offense by acquiring Tebow. Then you got Clyde Gates running wrong routes and everything crashed and burned.

but yeah ITS ALL MARK'S FAULT. You give me a good QB and I bet I give you a good / experienced OC that comes along with it.

Schottenheimer was a terrible OC and should of been fired the minute Rex came in as a HC. That's on Woody / Tannebaum

16. Hobbes3259

actually, the jets won 6, with a slew of injuries at the skill positions, so,,,,its not possible to judge Sparano.

17. BrowningNagle

Schottenheimer was definetely handicapped by terrible QB play.

I wanted him fired and I dont think he's anything more than an average OC, but that doesn't mean he wasn't stuck with a crutch at the QB position with Sanchez..

He was probably a big part in the Sanchez acquisition and growth(or lack thereof) though, so he deserved to get fired... It's not a chicken or egg scenario, they are more tied together.

18. 101GangGreen101

Schottenheimer should of been fired after the 2008 season when his dumb-ass with a good running game threw the ball with an injured Farve 35 (31 attempts + 4 sacks) times in the freaking snow. Lost to a freaking 4-11 team - playoffs on the line.

Or when Pennington was asked to throw more than 10 yards each and every time - when you know he didn't have that ability any longer.

Then you trust him to develop an immature, inexperienced QB? Never trust a Schottenheimer to get the job done.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Where did I ever say the problems on O are all Muck's fault?

Schotty wore out his welcome to be sure, and it was time to move on. It's too bad they only moved on to someone who was worse. I am familiar with the Todd Haley aspect. That "plan" doesn't change that the route they ended up taking was worse than what they had with Schotty.

And ftr Schotty was the OC on a team that went to two AFC CHamp games in a row. Not great, to be sure, but not awful, either.

20. BrowningNagle

Lets put this to test:

He wasn't victimized by dropped passes - statisically the Jets were one of the better teams in the league in that department. Only 25 DPs.. good for 8th best. Hill was the only one who had the dropsies..

Besides using our eyes and realizing he is inaccurate (something YOU can't seem to do for some reason) we can use statistics. The guy had more turnovers (26) than dropped passes(25)!!!

Ironically, dropped passes are usually a good indicator of a QBs accuracy. It means the QB is getting it in there more often than not increasing the chances of dropped passes. Tom Brady's Patriots are consistently near the top in the league in dropped passes every year - same with Drew Brees in NO. Let's look at the league leaders in dropped passes and the QBs:

1. Detroit - Stafford is an accurate QB
    2. N.E. -Brady- Best overall QB in the game
    3. Jax - Henne, but they strictly have terrible recievers
    4. N.O- Brees- Most accurate passer in the game
    5. Oak- Palmer- while not great, he's usually pretty accurate - they have terrible WRs too
    6. Denver- Manning, do I even have to say he's great
    7. GB- Rodgers, extremely accurate QB

Conversely, most of the top 10 best in dropped passes have terrible QB situations and/or QBs with accuracy issues. Arizona, Jets, Carolina, Philly, SD, Minnesota...all in the top 10.

So basically what you are saying is completely wrong! While Sanchez would certainly benefit from better WRs (wouldn't anyone?) it doesn't change the fact that he's an incredibly inaccurate and erratic QB.

But anytime a QB has more turnovers than dropped passes, you know he's simply chucking it all over the place - not near his recievers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.