17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Again Woody has gotten it totally wrong. Instead of making the fans pay for the seats he should give them away for free & write it off on his income tax as a donation. To ask anybody to pay for the joke of a product he will be fielding is beyond greed & avarice :sad:

2. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

I left a message on the NYJets ticket sales agents cell phone that I would be interested in 4-6 best seats he has in the upper deck as long as I get to opt out of preseason and he gives me 2 free parking passes.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Okay, so I understand that you have all rights under the constitution to due process (including trial by jury).

But if the Jets want to pursue that route (and they can win), then what? I maintain they can (and will) get a judgement against the defendant, in which case, that party cannot sell a tangible asset evermore and collect the proceeds without first paying off the first lienholder (the NY Jets).

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

Anyone downgrading to the $50 seats? It's tempting but I don't feel like moving again this year and don't want to be in such a high row. I only pay for my own seat so it's not too bad but if I had a family going with me I'd probably move back and save the money. They should have dropped everything by $25 across the board.

5. championjets69

To get the lien removed he would have to go belly up making sure that the NYJ debt is included in the bankruptcy proceeding :sad:

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Here's the problem as I see it.

Universally, people now PERCEIVE Jets tickets as being less valuable than before. This is probably a realistic NY/NJ percepton (if not national perception) given the StubHub prices most recently published online and in previous years. That would include PSL seats by osmosis.

So, EVERYTHING in the stadium. including PSL seats, are now available for 50 cents on the dollar (or maybe less... you tell me!).

So now... Given the above - How inclined are YOU to purchase Season Tickets (with Preseasons and Parking) at full face value from the NY Jets?

Ask yourself that question.

And then honestly answer HERE in this forum.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no emails or anything on my account page but the error

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm answering these questions giving my own personal situation

Reasons to renew:
    Honestly I've just been buying them for years. I'm 32 yers old been going since I was 11 years old and rarely miss a game. I sat in the upper deck in the old place so being in the elements and all that part doesn't phase me. I like my seats I had last year. I have three seats and they are first row on the aisle. Not sure how it is for the rest of the place but being first row where I was I had about an extra foot of leg room, a place to put my foot up since I had two surgeries on it last year and recently had a third, and most importantly my dad goes nuts when a drunk idiot stands up for no reason and we didn't have that problem anymore. I also only pay for one seat which I know puts me in a different situation then many others here. If I paid for 2, 4, 6 or 8 I'd feel very differently and not sure how I would afford it. In 2011 I did the math on my seats no stubhub vs having season tickets and it was pretty close to even but we also played the Cowboys and Giants. I also have no patience for sitting in front of my computer looking all week to find a good buy and I leave the house at 7 am for a 1pm game so I'm up at 5:30 am to finish prepping food for the tailgate so the last thing I want to do is find a ticket bargain and also parking. The other thing for me is I have some friends around me from the old stadium so that part helps me a bit. I don't like change.

The reasons not to do:
    As stated tickets are worth pennis on the dollar. Figure most seats are worth 40-50% of their face value. The three esclators upstairs suck. Only good part is if you are on crutches you can take the elevator upstairs. I also hate Woody Johnson and the Steelers game I may throw a towel over the upper deck railing. The view isn't great but I have gotten over that part already but still feel like I am overpaying for what the seats are worth.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't look at my seats worth or as an investment, I don't care what they are selling for on stub-hub. They are tickets to a football game that i have been going to for many decades. Do I enjoy the sport, team and scene. I don't think the team can be as bad as last year even if the record is the same or worse. We were a bunch of buffoons last year, at least the coaching will be better, can't be worse. I still love football Sunday at the stadium, could not imagine staying home 17 weeks. Boring!!!! I just don't get it. $1050 for the 10 days of drinking, eating and watching football is still a bargain and worth every penny. People are just piling on the Jets from every angle. Its a transition year, what are you going to do? It is what it is. They are going in the right direction, we shall see if they can fix things soon enough.

#17089 sec314, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  10. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

+1
    Well said..

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 I am not piling on the Jets or you,,,and many of us understand how you enjoy going on Sunday's,,,,and the whole been doing it forever,,,I get it :beer:
    But while you are paying $1050 the guy sitting next to you is paying $525 or less,,,,,,never mind that the stadium is a warehouse or the escalators or that the guy next to you did not pay for preseason games or parking,,,,,,,,,,okay maybe I did pile on the Jets a little :lol: I get your point 314 , I understand completely, and don't ridicule you for going but you can cherry pick and still go to every or any game and $ave alot of money.

12. championjets69

Supposedly the NYJs have been going in the right direction since 01/13/69 & where has that got them? How do you or anybody know if the new GM is the real deal? How do you know if the game has further passed RR by? How do you that another butt fumble by MS does occur again? :sad:

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That's the biggest myth from the last of the die hards who still have overpriced season tickets. Looking at prices and value of seats has nothing to do with an investment or re-selling. It has everything to do with getting the best deal on tickets and not getting raped on prices. If your tickets are "worth" much less, it doesn't mean you're avoiding a bad "investment". It means holy shit why the fuck am I paying $100 for a ticket I can get for $25 on the day of the game. And why the fuck do I have to pay full price for two exhibition games when I can get them for $15 bucks?

You want to go to 10 games a year? Sounds like a good fan to me. Want to overpay by double? Hey it's your money, not for me to tell you how to spend or waste it

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The piling on part was mostly about the media. The worth/investment was for posters. If people want to cherry pick, I get it, pre-season sucks to pay but come on, UD seats are still reasonable and the word worth and investment should not be included with the word Jets.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Don't care what the 2nd market is, just what I am paying and where I am sitting.I am very happy with my seats 340/8 and price is fine. Been paying for pre-season for what, 15 years. Its nothing new. The stadium was a huge disappointment, but we have figured out where to park, where to go in, how to get out and I don't buy anything inside so its no longer and issue.

16. 17a_tailgater

how many tix do u pay for? when i only had 1 or 2 no problem. but last year i paid for 4 and most the the 5th ticket in our group. done wth that shit.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I pay for myself and have 3 other tickets paid by each person. But paying for other tickets has always sucked, no?

18. championjets69

So that is really total funny. Here you are constantly berating me for being a "ticket broker' & here you are also a "ticket broker". You turned out to be the #1 hypocrite on the TGG :sad:

19. 17a_tailgater

what are u talking about? he buys 4 seats and 3 of his buddys pay him for the tickets. thats not the same as someone who WAS a season ticket holder and hasnt attended a HOME GAME since Rich Kotite

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks buddy for saving me the time. Its been that way for 32 years, I am the collector and accountant for our tickets. I eat $4 every year, shits adding up