Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I agree in the fact that Sparano, was sabotaged by the same set of circumstances.

When i watch the game tapes, he did have some nifty pass route combinations.

The problem I see there, is that he didnt keep compiling a ....this works...stack..if he had..by week 12 when they were still in it...he would have had something.

Im not being understanding...im trying to reach a middle ground.

Again, now you arent arguing my points...when you say hes regressed, you are contradicting a HoF coach, Mike Westhoff...who..btw...happened to be on the field every day.

So..i can only think youve regressed beyond the point of reason. It would be reasonable to be a skeptic, if Rex made that statement, but Westhoff made it..when he was no longer in the employ of Florham Park.

So..why are you right..and Westhoff wrong?

#5801 Hobbes3259, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Quotes from Westhoff-

“There were times where we lined up with guys [last season] where I didn’t know their names,” Westhoff said Wednesday while attending Super Bowl festivities. “Guys were banged up. To me, that’s the whole key. Just like he got an inordinate amount of credit, he absorbed an inordinate amount of blame. I don’t think that’s fair to him. I think he is salvageable, but you’re going to have to build things back up. You have to run the ball. He has to be built back up.

“I’m not necessarily a believer that he regressed,” Westhoff said. “I think the first two years when we went to the AFC Championship Game, we were a very good overall football team. ... Mark was part of that package. That package dissipated just as much as Mark did. I think sometimes he gets the burden thrust on him. I don’t think there was any drastic difference in Mark. I just think the whole thing wasn’t as good and there was more pressure put on him.”

To be honest, I think Westhoff's quotes are more inline with what I am saying except for the fact that he doesnt want to put the word "regressed" out there. He clearly says that Mark Sanchez dissipated along with the package around him when he wasn't surrounded by the great talent that he had in his first two years. He also says he is salvageable but has to be built back up.... Now from what I know is the definition of regression, Westhoff sure described it in Sanchez. He doesnt want to label it regression, but its clear he believes that his play has decreased directly with the talent around him.

Westhoff believes Mark will rebound from it, but makes it a point that he thinks the offense has to be rebuilt also in order for Mark to get better. As I said in my previous post, the offense is being dismantled, instead of rebuild- by the end of FA, we will most likely have lost our starting RB, TE, RG and LG. We havent upgraded at those spots either.

Our views arent very far off. Only difference is that I dont see him rebounding, and a part of that is because the talent around him isnt doing the same (which Westhoff said he believes needs to happen).

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

At the end of the day the argument comes down to two things the rest is filler.

Does he deserve another shot or not?

Supporters say yes with a short leash.

Anti Nacho- cut him June 1st.

At the end of the day I hope nacho succeeds but I will support whoever lines up under center and hope they do well as I did Mcelroy and Tebow.

In Marty , Rex and John we trust until we dont

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Mark's agent is still his brother Nick? If so, he better start dusting off his resume and hope no one remembers him.

5. Hobbes3259

Hell, mark got a big$$$ extension...without hilding out. That makes his agents better than Revis

6. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

you know a funny thing happened-i did a little checking and I found out that Hobbes account is officially registered to a M SANCHEZ!

hmmm....

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez Really Is Terrible!

I was a huge defender of Sanchez after 2011. We all saw him take us to the playoffs two years in a row and he showed great promise. I always thought he had the tools and that it was just a mental problem.

Well, check these stats out. Maybe I was wrong LOL

Mark Sanchez QB Ranking(Ranked out of 37 Quarterbacks)

Red Zone Passing - 35th Ranked
    Shotgun Passing - 36th Ranked
    Pocket Passing - 36th Ranked
    Passing vs. 5 Rushers - 37th Ranked
    Passing Under 20 Yards - 37th Ranked
    Passing 30+ Yards - 36th Ranked

Unless MM can work up a miracle, this guy is gone.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

And at 7:09 am EST Weds 3/20/13 the lightbulb goes off over Falco's head.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

those stats are based of last season? If so no QB could have done much with an anemic running game, no receivers, best TE out, no imagination from the OC...just a disaster from top to bottom on offense last season.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Look who was whispering into his ear. What did you expect? The offense was a complete JOKE last year. Not on Mark Sanchez if you ask me. He was throwing to freaking Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens and Jeff Cumberland too.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You should consider all factors when posting this. Mark didn't play well by all means, but in reality no one else did also, outside of Brick and Mangold.

12. Hobbes3259

I love the guys who point at last year. Without qualifying what you just said.

13. Hobbes3259

Boomer esaiason,...called it IMPOSSIBLE....

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

W.e the factors may be, these are the stats.

He's not in the middle of the pack or close to the bottom. He is ranked 2nd to last or last in EVERY category. Skelton is ranked higher than him in all categories LOL

15. Hobbes3259

A little checking..,so how many guys beat Sanchez to 30 wins?

Did you check on that?

16. 101GangGreen101

You're not going to be successful throwing to the players he threw to. We need better coaching on offense. I can't remember the last time we were a top 10 offense.

I agree he was awful, but you just have to consider all of the factors

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

And Steve Young said he accelerated the down... See how that works?

Also I doubt you'll be using the Westoff thing again

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

None of those players should be an excuse for Sanchez terrible play.

19. 101GangGreen101

No one is using this as an excuse, but it is part of the equation at the end of the day. You can only control what you can as a player. The fumbling and the stupid hero antics are on Sanchez's end. Continuously running the wrong routes, dropping passes - that's not on the QB.

Team game.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No it is an excuse you guys are using. No other way to call it. Yes we get it, the receiving corp wasn't that great. But Clyde Gates and Schillens, Gilyard, Cumberland, Reuland etc isn't enough of an excuse to be the 35th ranked QB in a 32 team league.

He was making the same mistakes last season with those said receivers that he was making when the talent was better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.