Are You Worried About the Dolphins?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Falco21, Mar 16, 2013.

?

What does MIami's future look like in your eyes?

1. They got better, but will remain an average team at best.

21 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. They will be wild card contenders.

33 vote(s)
    41.3%
  3. They will battle it out with New England for the division spot.

6 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. They will get worse like so many teams in NFL history who have made huge free agency moves.

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. They will remain the same mediocre team as before.

17 vote(s)
    21.3%
  1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Now that Free Agency has made its way along, I wanted to see what everyone thought of Miami's moves so far. They have made a huge splash in free agency, but as we all have seen, that is not always the best thing. In their favor, they do have the most draft picks in the NFL this year, but how many of you feel they are contenders for the playoffs the next coming years?

And I'd rather keep this with Jets and Bills fans who are on here. I really don't need the opinions of Miami fans. I think we have all heard enough of that these past few days. :beer:

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Theyll be in the playoff hunt assuming Tannehill doesnt fold. I dont see them as a deep tournament threat.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's not like (outside Wallace) they really did anything in free agency that would boost them to the next level. Keller, Ellerbe, Gibson, etc...ok great? That said, I think they're on the uppity up even without the additions. I don't think they're heading at elite level, but I think they'll be contending at least.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm more worried about the JETS

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

average team.
    how mny times do we have to see a team spend big in march only to shit the bed before we stop overhyping them?

6. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

The moves that the Dolphins made are similar to the moves that the Toronto Blue Jays made. Meaning that they reloaded the roster since they are desperate. Both of them have the same agenda, "playoffs or bust".

7. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

In no way, shape or form am I worried about the Dolphins.

1.) They have no proven QB.

2.) They have no proven RB.

3.) Their offensive line is a mess.

4.) They have no cornerbacks.

5.) Wake is their only semblance of a pass rush.

8. PaPZ187

PaPZ187 Member

+1

They'll be solid....but can't see them making the playoffs....reminds me of the Bills last year, lots of hype but didn't work out how many predicted.

That being said we still have rest of FA, the draft, and roster cuts so can't say for sure how I think they'll do till I see the final product.

Sent from my LG-P999

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not a bit

Dolphins are a loser franchise. Their QB is average at best and he will be exposed this year. If they win 8 games this year, I will be extremely surprised.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Looks like the AFC will be the Broncos and Patriots then the other 14 teams. Miami has a great chance at a Wild Card spot though. Then an early elimination.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

This......

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of it will have to do with their RBs and how well Tannehill does. If they can get a good RB and Tannehill plays at least average, they'll make the playoffs. If they can stop getting beat on deep passes like last year, they could rival the Patriots.

13. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I'm not really worried about the Dolphins, Tannehill still has to prove himself, people don't seem to notice he threw more interceptions than touchdowns last season; you wouldn't think he did considering how positive commentators seem to be when talking about him.

I think they overpaid for Mike Wallace, are about to lose Jake Long, really only have Cameron Wake as a good defensive player, I don't see them having a better record than they had this past year.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I hate to think what that makes the Jets then :(

15. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

Loser franchise? buahahahaha.

Top 3 winningest franchise in NFL history, multiple Super Bowl rings, the only team in NFL history, or any professional sport, to go undefeated in a season.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

^^^ Any fan that was born in 90s sees the Dolphins as a joke franchise. Hate to say it, but that's how it looks. NE is the dominant franchise (first memories of an early 90s child would be Patriots in the SB against GB then 3/4 run). That's the way it looks. It's like how anyone with basketball memories after the 80s doesn't consider the Celtics a top NBA franchise. In the 2000s, the Pistons have had more success than the Celtics. It's just what you were alive to see. Younger people aren't going to consider the Dolphins a winning franchise. They're the team that thankfully beat out Cassell for the playoffs and watched as Chad P had trouble beating an aggressive defense.

And I have them average right now. I think they will be like us in 2011. Late in the season, they need a win and some things to go right to make the playoffs. They won't clinch the WC with a win, they'll need some, but not a tremendous amount, of help on the last week

17. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

"Dream Team"

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I asked nicely if you could stay out of this thread.

I would much rather hear from Jets fans.

Thank You

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Third winningest franchise is the Giants no?

20. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Aren't the Bills 3-7 against the Dolphins in the last 5 years when the Dolphins have sucked? If I were a Bills fan, I would be worried about any team in the AFCE including the Jets. :breakdance:

I just looked it up. The Bills are 6-23 against the rest of AFCE in the last 5 years.

#20 Testaverde, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013