17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

Then you shouldn't have bought a PSL. That's your problem make better decisions next time.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

Article about the Redskins suing their season ticketholders. This may have been posted a few years ago. The article mentions the Jets as a team that doesn't sue their fans but this was in 2009 before the new stadium opened.

Jerseyboy also read your contract. Can the Jets go after you for their legal fees if they have to go after you for the PSL money owed to them? For example if you owe $10k can they get you for their lawyer fees which let's say is another $2,500 (I'm making numbers up). Instead of $10k you would then owe $12.5k. Not sure how the contract is written.

Anyway it's a 6 page article but a very good read.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If he gets a attorney letter that he is being sued then he should immediately retain a bankruptcy attorney who will make the entire matter go away with Jersey free & clear of any further debt to the NYJs. :sad:

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

nah man, not at that stage. When you get a summons 50% of the time it's to scare you into dropping your pants and giving in. Just make sure you respond to the summons with boiler plate affirmative defenses "I deny articles 1, 2, 4, 5", "I have no knowledge of 3, 6, 7" etc.. You don't even need a lawyer for that. If they start filing motions for depositions and schedule a conference in front of the judge, then it's probably time to call up your cousin Vinny to do the minimum necessary to drag it along. Bankruptcy is an option of absolute last resort, when the Marshall is about to execute a court order. When they see that this guy is a college student with 0 assets, they're not going to bother to see this all the way through because they know they'll never collect and they're going to have to pay more in legal fees than the PSL is worth

5. championjets69

But since you do not know for sure, sure he should take every protection available to him as JIC thingy :sad:

6. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Bingo that is me Masters student with no assets! Just checking account which anyone can move cash to family accounts

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/03/jets_reducing_some_ticket_pric.html

Nothing earth shattering, I guess I will have to negotiate some kind of reduction or upgrade

The Jets are not raising any ticket prices in 2013 and will be dropping some in certain sections, team president Neil Glat told the Associated Press.

About 3,000 seats in MetLife's upper level will be sold for $50 per ticket, now setting 9,000 of the 27,000 upper-bowl seats at that price.

Prices will also be reduced in certain sections of the Chase Club, Lexus Club, and Coaches Club.

Also, according to the AP, season-ticket holders will get a crack at some of the 2014 Super Bowl tickets, likely through some sort of lottery.

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

It's bullshit that my seats will stay $95 but a few rows back they're going to be $50

9. GordonGecko

you still "have" seats???

[​IMG]

10. ralphbaker

ralphbaker New Member

A masters student that layed out 20k to be amateur ticket broker, who was bragging how much he made selling tickets, and who bails when the Jets struggle- nice. Not a personal thing with you, but you sound thrilled that you beat the system. Be careful though, you never know if they will go after you. What goes around....

#17070 ralphbaker, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  11. GordonGecko

I get the principle of this broke guy being stupid to commit so much money for a seat license but "what goes around"? Seriously what's going around is billionaire NFL owners getting new Stadiums free and clear and raping you on preseason games, overpriced nosebleeds, and $10 beers. What's going around is Woody's cushy job not being nearly as stress free anymore. I for one thank this guy for sticking it to Johnson

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they sent an e-mail about the 4 payments and doing the math my parking is $20 per game. Was it $25 last year. That's Woody's big gift to us. Probably removed Porta Johns

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm not real sure, but from memory, I believe the PSLers waived the right to trial by jury.

So the Jets could serve you (and then win because you defaulted), and then start collection proceedings. And if the collection fails (which it probably will), then they could pursue a judgement against you, which means that you cannot sell a home or any other asset within your entire lifetime without the judgement appearing as a permanent lien against that asset, and this resulting in a deduction of this amount from the proceeds of the sale of your home (or any other asset).

And, incidentally, to my knowledge, this can all be done WITHOUT Social Security number. Fuck Social Security number. If you are George W. Jones Jr. of 1814 Warren Street, Linden, NJ, they have legal identification enough to proceed with fucking you up the ass but good. Who said they ever needed SS Numbers to come after you? I believe PSL-default supporters are disillusioned if they think they're off the hook by simply walking.

#17073 Section 227. Row 5, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  14. JetsSec337Lot13B

I don't even get an email yet and can't log into my account. Last year was $25 but they had that signing bonus if you paid your bill before April 1st you got 50% off so it was $12.50 a game.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Expanded with some statements about no blackouts..... PR BS

The Jets unveiled a plan to not raise ticket prices in 2013 Friday and, instead expand upon a popular $50 ticket price for select seats in the upper-bowl.

Now, 9,000 of the 27,000 seats in the upper level will come at the more affordable rate.

The thought process, Jets team president Neil Glat said in an interview with The Star-Ledger Ledger, was that the $50 ticket sales have correlated well with adding potential season-ticket sales as opposed to single-game sales.

He stressed that it is not an effort to guard the stadium against a potential blackout with dwindling fan expectations next season and that there was never a threat of a blackout last year.

“There was not a risk of a blackout (in 2012) and the stadium not being totally sold out for blackout purposes, which does not include the premium seats,” Glat said. “The $50 seats we’re expanding upon what we did last year but there was no risk of those games not being on TV and blacked out.”

He added: “We added the $50 price level last year, it was well-received, it was sold out on a season-ticket basis, and we wanted to add more volume up there at $50.”

Amid a push to wrangle more season-ticket holders, Glat said he was not concerned about PSL sales despite a New York Post report from January which said many fans were considering defaulting on their payments.

“The vast majority of the seats that have a PSL are sold with the exception of some of those premium areas,” Glat said. “So you’re always monitoring all the sales activities but no areas of concern.”

Changes in ticket price, Glat said, are tied to the economy as well as team performance. But the cheaper $50 rate does not have a direct correlation with the Jets recent skid – two straight seasons without a playoff appearance as well as a 6-10 campaign last year, Glat said.

“In hindsight, we wanted to do even more of the 50s last year when the record was good going into the season,” Glat said. “So, clearly, you’re looking at value as fans, fan satisfaction is shaped by what happens on the field but it wasn’t a direct correlation.”

Glat said that there will be an incentive for those who chose to renew their Personal Seat Licenses before the May 15 initial deadline. Those include signed footballs, jerseys and even a drawing for a few Super Bowl tickets.

There will also be a cheaper rate at in certain club seat sections.

16. GordonGecko

Those clauses affect litigation you initiate, not for them coming after you. If you waived trial by jury, that would mean your case would be decided by a judge. But usually those clauses wave trials altogether and force a mediator on you. Again, this is for an action you initiate. If the Jets initiate an action against you, you have every right under the constitution to due process and a waiver of that in a contract would not be enforcable

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

Just wondering did anyone besides me not get an email today? I always paid the bill in full never did the payment plan so wondering if anyone who does it like me didn't get theirs.

18. championjets69

Nope no Email received from the NYJs as of 1241 CDT 03/16

19. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

No, only people who pay via ACH installments received an email from the Jets. People that pay in full will either receive an email or letter by the end of the month. Payment is due in full by May 15!

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Not sold out huh ? Only a handful of PSL s available ,,,and those are the more expensive ones huh? No blackouts ,,,,,,we will see how this all pans out come September but I expect it to be so sad that it will be comical,,,,,,Woody and the organization deserve the shitstorm from the media and the empty seats that are coming their way,,,,,oh and thank goodness I did not purchase a cock a mammy PSL :beer: