Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Hes just worth more then that. There not going to get full value for him. It sucks I wish they would just resign him. I mean we traded Keyshawn for two firsts, why shouldn't we shoot for the same, revis is a far better player then Keyshawn ever was and more valuable. I know the times have changed but revis is worth more then a first and late round pick but we are going to settle for less. Sad to see a future hall of famer and legend leave

2. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

2014 first rounder would be pretty solid. Hope that Freeman gets hurt and that they end up top 10 pick and then the Jets get a top 10 pick allowing them to get a qb and a solid player.

Dream scenario is getting the 1st pick and somewhere else in the top 10 allowing them to pick Clowney and then QB (Bridgewater, Manziel, Fales, Boyd).

Clowney, draft pick this year (Jordan/Mingo/Whoever), Wilkerson and Coples on the defensive line makes me very excite.

3. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I would prefer a 2014 first rounder. Puts us in a good position to get a QB next year.

4. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

I gues it's almost done.

It’s now clear that, as we reported Tuesday, the Buccaneers are the one team that currently wants to trade for cornerback Darrelle Revis.

It remains unclear why the Jets have yet to pull the trigger.

Though some continue to insist that the deal still has too many moving parts, there’s a growing belief that the only remaining issue is whether the Jets will take what the Bucs are offering. As to the compensation for Revis, the suspicion is that the Bucs and the player’s agents have worked out the terms discreetly.

Sure, it’s tampering. But it happens more often than anyone admits, league office memos be damned. And if the Jets want to get this trade accomplished, it’s necessary.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports now writes that Buccaneers management is “fully on board” with the move, news that in all candor should have been presumed to be obvious in light of the fact that the Bucs want to trade for Revis. Cole also writes that the price “for a star player” was set by the deal that sent Percy Harvin to the Seahawks. As we reported on Tuesday, however, there are real differences between the Harvin and Revis situations.

The maximum pick the Bucs will surrender is, currently, a second-round pick in 2013 or a first-round selection in 2014. More than that, and the Bucs will explore other options, possibly starting with Falcons cornerback Brent Grimes.

But it will be hard for new Jets G.M. John Idzik to accept less, especially with his predecessor declaring that Revis should yield the same package as Harvin. Taking a job in a town with a hyperactive media can induce paralysis, and this will be Idzik’s first (and possibly biggest) test as to whether he can shut out the noise and make the right move.

If he doesn’t move soon, there will be plenty of noise throughout upcoming year, because the Jets’ 2013 will be less about the team and more about the Darrelle Revis farewell tour.

We are getting screwed with and elephant size dildo. NO LUBE.

5. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I could deal with one horrible year if it didn't mean Rex Ryan leaving. I'm afraid it's going to happen...

6. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

That was from profootballtalk

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

I was hoping for their 2013 second and 2014 first..

8. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Even if we made the 2014 conditional.

I would just say, give us your first this year, with a conditional pick from us next year if he doesn't resign. Say a 4th?

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

If the best they are going to offer us is a second rounder, then we should promptly give them the middle finger and go on with out lives.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

And 3 arena league players, how dare you forget about them! Im really gonna miss Revis after the reality sets in once he is gone.. shutting down WR's in a diffrent jersey. In the long run the trade wont be worth it no matter who we get unless it was another Andrew Luck type witch isnt happening. For the fist time in the Rex era our defense is gonna be a joke possibly, theres just so many holes to fill now and not enough space to fill them with quality players , it will take years to fix this mess. Only the Jets get rid of all there starters when they have zero cap space. I dont see this going on anywhere else except Baltimore but they just won the Superbowl and gave there QB 100 mill

#330 LongIslandBlitz, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I don't mind the 2014 first rounder (might be better for us for possibly getting a QB or trading up) but it needs to be more than just that or some kind on conditions on it that give us more if it's a later pick.

I already don't want him to go, if he goes for nothing I'll be pissed.

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Revis is actually in Paris on vacation right now according to NFL network,So he doesnt seem to care much where he goes i guess

13. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

We should be getting a 2013 second round pick AND a 2014 1st round pick.

Question for everybody, if Revis was healthy and playing up to his capabilities, what would he fetch?

14. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

If we settle on a 2014 first and a 3rd for this year I wouldn't be too upset.

Not sure how much that 2013 1st could really help us. We NEED to be able to trade into the top 3 next year.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm just going to trust Idzik to know where to draw the line on this. Revis is his first big move and I have no problem with him taking his time sorting it all out.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

As long as the market for him doesn't dry up, sure.

17. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

If you want the best corner in the league then show us the draft picks. I'm tired of this organization being taken advantage of like some clowns. Revis should command just as much as Harvin

18. stigga

stigga New Member

I agree. Not expecting much more

19. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Agree on all.

20. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Doesn't work like that when a player is coming off an ACL injury and wants a huge contract. Plus, don't forget that 2013 first was the 25th pick compared to the Bucs which is the 13th, big difference.

While Revis is an elite player, there's too many stipulations to truly get the best deal.

What I'm hoping for is another team to get interested so his price goes up a bit.