Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

It really is the only scenario that makes real sense both from a mutual benefit, financial capabilities, and true needs.

2. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

I agree that the parameters of a deal with the Jets need to be worked out before the new GM talks to Revis and his people. I assume they agree on compensation, pending Revis passing a physical and pending Revis signing an extension within the next 72 hours, If both happen, the trade commences. If either of the 2 contingencies fails, the deal falls through and they are back at square one. They can either work out a deal for a 1 year rental or move on to other deals.

That's how I see it, anyhow.

3. wildaces

wildaces Banned

So I am a perspective GM, and say "I will give you 2 ones if we can extend him to a contract to our liking" I will get permission?

Doesn't mean it is a serious offer. A contract to our liking may be under 10 Mill per year. Unrealistic, but at least I can talk to Revis's agent. This is just as absurd as your example. Talking to the Revis camp is indicative to what your going to offer, and you can't make a real offer without knowing.

4. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Revis himself said he was unsure if he would hold out last year. It was just a ploy, but he said it.

5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

well looks like he's as good as gone. Fuck.

6. PatsFanSeoul

PatsFanSeoul Member

Certainly looks that way. That "offer" on the table by the Jets seems like a publicity ploy to me.

The FO certainly doesn't want to look like they didn't give it their best shot, especially after the news of them avoiding Revis' camp broke.

Minnesota FO got a great haul for dealing Harvin. Can Jets FO do as (relatively) well with Revis?

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

From what I can gather, ALL of the information the media has on this story is coming from Revis' agents who are clearly angry at the world and his wife because the Jets aren't responding to their baiting through the media.

This is an interesting comparison to last time when Tannenbaum's FO played the game of leaks & rumours for months and danced to Schwartz & Feinsod's tune.

It's not hard to see why the Jets don't want to play this game any more.

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Revis has held out twice. Adios diva.

9. Ted

Ted Member

Interesting but my thought is the Jets are trying to up the ante between teams that may be interested.

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I don't think it's realistic.

Revis contract situation also has a very strong negative influence on Jets leverage. Revis has only 1 year left & he can't be franchised. He's going to be an unrestricted free agent & he gives no discounts. When opposing GM gives up 1st rounder & 2nd rounder then there better be a SB victory. If not, that GM's job security took a really big hit.

One year of Revis coming after ACL isn't gonna pull the multiple high picks so many are expecting.

#50 ajax, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  11. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

This sounds right to me. A first rounder this year (preferably at least mid-draft) & a 3d next year (if he walks the new team gets it back as 3d compensatory). If he signs with the new team, the Jets get next year's 2d rather than 3d. I hate to see him go. Seems almost certain though. New GM wants to start off with a big draft.

Stupid Tenenbaum for giving up the right to franchise.

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I would think a similar haul. Both players are coming off an injury, are a head ache to their current team, and are looking for a long term big money deal.

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

You don't let other teams talk to Revis because you don't want him to force the trade to a team of his preference (that would give him more money and the Jets less picks).

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Vikings and Tampa make sense. Both play in strong passing divisions, both have cap space and both need leaders on D.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's very sad we are going to give away the best player in franchise history who is in his prime.

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

What's too bad is his unreasonable contract demands for the position he plays.

17. nyjunc

He's a top 3 defensive player in the game if not the best. He is a million times the player Mario Williams is so why should he be paid much less than him?

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Getting to the QB takes everyone out of the game, getting to the #1 WR doesn't. An oversimplification, admittedly, as he is a million times the player that Mario Williams is.

19. nyjunc

The problem is mario Williams doesn't get to the QB and revis shuts down half the field in a pass happy league. Sometimes other teams mistakes hurt everyone else, mario was overpaid and now revis wants even more than he already would have wanted.

20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This is a problem with Revis' head, though. Just because Mario is a useless fucker doesn't mean that Darrelle has a right to a blockbuster contract.

I've contributed more to the NFL than Ryan Leaf but I don't think my boss is interested in locking me into a multi-year $32 million contract.