How EMPTY is MetLife Stadium going to be in 2013 for Jets Games?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Mar 7, 2013.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i can not predict a record until after the draft and free agency.what if we pull off a ridiculous trade for revis and draft a great young team?
    u never know
    2005 saints
    2011 bengals

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There have been seasons where the Jets were out of it by the beginning of December, and with a dash of cold weather even 20,000 would not show up.

If the Jets trade Revis, that will have an impact on how many show up, although there is truth to the notion that season ticket holders will buy their season tickets. I just doubt many will be happy about it.

And merchandise sales will tank.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Meh. that chad game was early in the season, with nice weather. Let's see how many show up with Revis gone, Sanchez at Qb, the Jets at 4-9 in December sleet and snow.

I'd say 18,000 would be a good over under.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Man, your fall from fairy tale land is going to be pretty damn hard...

As for your MM is the savior crap- a good coach (he's not a great offensive coach, he's a good one, lets get this straight first) cant make a very good offense without the talent and pieces in place. A system can only cover up so much, especially in terms of the QB. It may get better, but I highly doubt this pile of turd that the Jets call an offense can be in the likes of the Falcons, Texans, Packers, Lions, Patriots, Saints, Broncos ect. Until this team focuses on rebuilding the offense and finding a new QB, I would not expect significant gains like that.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

still was great to be there.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

You mean the 2006 Saints? Yeah, thats because both of those teams figured out their offense-

The saints got Drew Brees and the rest is history

The Bengals drafted Andy Dalton and the best WR prospect since Megatron and before him Randy Moss.

We need to figure out the QB position and add some quality talent in order to turn this ship around. To add to your list, the Colts, Seahawks and Redskins from this year too. They also had a huge turn around on offense (specifically the QB position) which sparked their resurgence.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I'm sure you won't be missed among the 70k remaining.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I didn't say great. I said best since Weiss.

Unless you're going to defend Schotty and Sparano, ease up.

Neither coordinator marries their system to their players...MM has that rep.

And he has consistently produced above average offenses. With less than stellar talent..Jeff Garcia anyone?

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I predict there will not be many people wearing the #6 jersey in the stands. Hell, poor kids in Guatemala won't even wear them.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Get your tics early because after the Jets start 8-0 it will be tough getting good seats....

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Most people have no choice, they are locked into a PSL. Those who are not are in the UD where the prices are not unreasonable realitivly speaking. I am sorry, plenty of teams suck and ther fans go. The douche that started this thread can not say one hand I am the biggest jet fan and the other say I can't see going. You gotta be kidding me here people. Fans stick by there teams and ticket holders take the good with the bad. Ask 17A, you don't know bad if you think this years version sucks. Suck it up and root root root!!!!

12. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

What?

Basically no matter what we do, we're still going to be right up against the salary cap, so what exactly will you want Idzik to have accomplish?

The team does and will have talent.

Those cut so far have been dead weight. If we trade Revis, consider that with the 16M a year we'd be paying him, we can pay (one or both) high draft picks we'd get for him, re-sign LaRon Landry, AND have a couple mil for a veteran RB/WR/TE.

13. wildaces

wildaces Banned

100% capacity as usual.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Or how about the JETS

2003: 6-10
    2004: 10-6 playoffs
    2005: 4-12
    2006: 10-6 playoffs

It's all on Sanchez and co., you know the defense will keep us in ballgames.

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

fans will go to the games.

16. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Its the only way fans can voice their displeasure...

Down here, stadium was half empty many times...

They struggled to get season tickets to high 30s...

The numbers for this season should be brutal...

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Isn't the morale around Miami one of hope and potential? Why should it be 'brutal'?

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

darksider thread title

a sunshiner would have asked 'how full will the stadium be?"

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Every team deserves a chance, the Giants in 2011, their fans were pissed, everyone upset they got rid of boss and steve smith, everyone predicting 6-10, well it turns out they won it all.

1999 rams anyone? anything is possible, hopefully the stadium is packed opening game.

20. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

It will be mostly full in the beginning. There are enough Jet fans in the area that will want to go to a game regardless, at least at first. how the season pans out will determine if it stays packed. Even still I can't see a scenario where the actual capacity isn't well above the NFL average in a 65k- 75k range, maybe higher. (we were 4th overall but who knows how accurate the sales vs turnstile numbers are)

Boycotting the team or not turning up to the games to send a message is pointless. They already know, and are trying their best to make lemonade out of limes. Any fan that thinks this is a good idea that will bring change is mistaken, although not wanting to see what will be perceived as an ugly season in person is a respected notion to me.