Report: Brady Quinn likely to end on Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by displacedfan, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Brad, I have to disagree here for one basic reason. The offense has to be able to score TD's and not just FG's. Unless you're talking about the 2000 Raven defense, Ryan's defense, and the players presently on the roster, can't consistently keep opponents under 14ppg for the entire season. In this case, its the Offense that sets the floor and the Jets offense is in transition to put it kindly.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We should have fired Schotty the day Sanchez was drafted. Or the day we brought in Favre.

I think, with the guys on the roster MM will get far more mileage than we've seen on offense since 02.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The thing is, I recall seeing on here that MM"s offense has not been ranked lower than 15th (and that was his swan song year with Reid, if I recall correctly). We may not win games, but it's not going to be because we can't score more than 14 points. I don't think we'll see any shutouts or 7-6 barnburners.

4. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

What is this, the land of misfits?

5. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

thats what people dont get, or want to get it seems. sure we had a bad season, but, if we are to trust rex, than he has finally found his foil on offense. with mornhinweg we have a guy whom, like rex, has a history of long sustained success on his side of the ball.

despite how much everyone seems convinced that we dont have anyone worth shit on offense, i doubt that mornhinweg would have wanted to come here if that were the case. i have a feeling that he thinks he can fix mark, which might be evidenced by us not going after one of the bigger names at qb this offseason. this team is not conceding this season; they will be fielding a team they believe will compete and win games.

6. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

please no, Sign garrard or kolb, not quinn...

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Stop making sense.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

As compiled by Jets my name :

Quinn's stats from last year

10 games (8 as starter)
    2 td's 8 int's 1,141 yds 60.1 rtg 56.9 comp % 21sack 66 rush yds

The QB rating was just about dead last among anyone that started a game last year , Idzik is doing his job well . He has found one of a handful of QBs on earth ( possibly the galaxy and universe) that will not beat out Sanchez for a starting job.

9. Cman68

With decent talent on a roster, AJ I would agree with you but for the most part, the Jets just don't have a lot of talent. Holmes, Kerley, Keller and Hill is a middle of the road group at best and with our cream of the crap QB (whomever that turns out to be) doing the throwing and a marginal running game, I don't hold out a lot of hope for this offense, THIS season. Give MM a year to get things right and we can have another conversation. The defense had better be in damn good shape 'cause they're gonna play A LOT of minutes in '13.

10. wildaces

wildaces Banned

They may have told him, you can make the decision on Sanchez, and the off-season hasn't even started yet.

11. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Nothing has been decided yet, but it could be a loud shot across the bow. In addition, it lets the league know that Sanchez may be available for trade.

Who knows at this point?

12. wildaces

wildaces Banned

How many red zone turn overs did we have last year? A smart QB can score points with the incumbent offense.

How often did our defense put the offense in position, but the offense gave it right back?

Our offense needs to get better, but it starts at the leadership position.

13. Cman68

Which is the crux of the problem. The Qb that wins this "competition" won't be elite by any stretch and if we're really, REALLY lucky, will be serviceable. I haven't read a single name yet that makes me comfortable with the "leadership position" on this roster. Not even the incumbent who I personally think they're trying to prop up by bringing in stiffs to compete with.

14. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I don't know about being lucky they're serviceable. Kolb and Gerrard both seem as though they can lead our teams to an 8 win season. Our defense could prop them both up to an additional two wins. They won't lose games. That's all our defense needs, a QB that won't actively lose games.

Don't be so pessimistic :)

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I really wish we would swing a deal for Foles.

16. Cman68

I thought we already did the "game manager" thing several times.. Given that Gerrard hasn't played in several years is coming off an injury last year and Kolb not doing much to distinguish himself in 'Zona, I'd say if either of them are serviceable enough for 4-6 wins with this talent level on offense and schedule, we'd be damned lucky.. Not being pessimistic, just realistic about 2013. :)