Flacco Richest Qb in NFL history 6 years 120 million

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by S.HOLMES.10, Mar 1, 2013.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I don't know how it's great news when franchising him was never going to happen. This was the only option the Ravens had aside from letting him walk. Great news would have been getting a deal done last offseason

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Seems like they are paying him more than he's worth. I agree he's decent, but he's not Tom Brady / Peyton Manning / Aaron Rodgers / Drew Brees. He shouldn't be the highest paid QB of all time, sorry. Watch the Ravens slowly decline from here as they no longer will be able to retain key FAs.

3. Boh

Boh Member

Great chance Boldin will be back now. glad this is out of the way mow

4. Boh

Boh Member

You forget we have Ozzie Newsome. Plus Ravens have always built though the draft. not worried.

5. akibud

akibud Active Member

I am always truly amazed at how much people on here talk shit all day like they are experts in NFL cap or evaluating NFL talent. Anyway, the Ravens front office has been doing a fantastic job of running a team now for over a decade culminating with a SB victory this year. Hats off to them, and huge congratulations to Joe Flacco.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146725/article/joe-flaccos-ravens-contract-has-52m-guaranteed

6. AJ Young

AJ Young New Member

Baltimore paid the man. It’s now up to Joe to prove he’s capable of replicating such a feat again. If he does, the Ravens will have no qualms about his new deal. If he struggles, those dollars start to become an onerous weight both in terms of expectations on the shoulders of Flacco as well as on the Ravens salary cap going forward.

downattheone.com/NFL/The-120-million-man

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

There is no way the Ravens repeat. Flacco will be the same old boring Flacco. Stone statue that can throw a bomb to the fastest person able to catch it.

8. akibud

akibud Active Member

Just curious, this time last year, did you predict that Flacco and the Ravens would be SB champs due to Flacco's play and that he would be rewarded with the biggest contract in NFL history? Or is your clairvoyance only applicable when The Ravens are SB champs due to Flacco's play and he gets rewarded with the biggest NFL contract in history?

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So how much $$ is guaranteed?

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I agree, and people act like the GM doesnt know how to put together a competitive team, newsflash: they just won the Super Bowl.

The GM clearly knows what hes doing and thats why he gave Flacco the contract.

Guys like Jerry Reis and Ozzie Newsome are always getting attacked, yet they are the ones winning Super Bowls.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And also there is no clear way to construct a Super Bowl team. In 2010 and 2011 the the Ravens went 12-4, in 2012 they went 10-6. Logic dictates that the Ravens prolly won in 2010 or 2011 but they didnt. Perfect team doesnt equate to the Super Bowl.

Its about making plays when it matters, kinda like the 9-7 Giants who made the plays when they needed to. Flacco proved he can make those passes, so even if the Ravens slip in at like 9-7 the next few years because of missing talent, they still are a huge threat because of Flaccos arm.

Loaded talent doesnt win you the Bowl, look at the Eagles, Chargers and most recently, the 49ers.

12. JetsVilma28

Pass Interference gets called and they are Super Bowl losers.

I don't think Flacco is the best QB in the league. I don't think he is in the top 5 category, I don't think he is in top 10 category and I definitely don't think he should be the highest paid player in the NFL. :breakdance:

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well thats controversial because even if it was called, the score would still be 34-29 with the ball on the 1.

14. akibud

akibud Active Member

is that why you are so absolutely sure that the Ravens will not repeat? Because your post read like you've already seen it.

15. JetsVilma28

Without Ray Lewis I see a defense without a leader. When I think of the Ravens I don't think of passing attack, at all. I think of defense and Ground and pound. Flacco is better than Sanchez :up: ; he has proven he can manage an offense, relying on Rice to carry the load. When the defense bites he can throw a bomb to the fastest player. He had a nice SB game probably inspired by a Ray Lewis speech. I just don't see repeat :breakdance:

#35 JetsVilma28, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  16. Boh

Boh Member

Honestly this forum is level headed compared to some.

most forums I go on to talk football, people say....‎"joe flacco only won super bowl because his good receivers and good defense " Joe Montana had Jerry Rice, and played with a #2 defense his entire career. no one points that out.

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Exactly. And I'd be shocked if the Ravens win another SB any time soon.

Jerry Reis? :breakdance:

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Is Joe Flacco the best player in the history of the NFL (or even in the NFL today)? Then he shouldn't be paid like he is. Nobody's saying the team is bad or run poorly, just that Flacco is now grossly overpaid, which is pretty hard to deny. When you overpay players, it can lead to issues down the road with retaining your good free agents. Flacco proved he's worthy of making good money but not better than Drew Brees money. That's just insane. I can think of at least 7 better QBs in the league now off the top of my head.

#38 Barcs, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Where all seven of the flawless in the playoffs last year? Did they win the Super Bowl? Just because you believe they are better does not make it so. Flashy regular season numbers are great, but Flacco just put together one of the best post season runs of all time.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Nor do they point out that Brady has not won a Super Bowl since the pats d went to shit. Faver has very good defenses when he won his as well. Lets not even get into how stacked the 70's Steelers or 90's Cowboys were on both sides of the ball.

Big time QBs get paid big money. They always have and always will because they are the single most important aspect to continued success. Sure you can win with an average QB, but ti is much easier to build an average team around a grat QB, right Payton Manning?

I love the Flacco hate. He is a young QB, who put off getting a new deal till this year and had a very good season followed up by one of the best all time postseasons. People can chirp all they want about him being overpaid, he earned it with his play.