17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Mets front office is price gauging its fans for opening day too. Upper deck $72. Fucking bullshit

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Anything over $1 is price gauging for the Smhets. Sorry, had to be said. The garbage the Mets owners and the Mets media are feeding the fans is nothing short of total BS. " Give us another year of a small market budget and we might, if we see fit, start paying to field a professional team". Woody Johnson is saint next to Freddie and his doofus Son. All the Mets have is the best new stadium/food in NY and D. Wright. That's it but they have the media on there side. Mike Lupica is the Wilpon's caddy.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

haha, don't be so bitter. If they sell out that means the tickets were worth that much. If they don't sell out, they'll cut prices like they're supposed to do using this dynamic pricing system they've had in place for a couple years. They're trying to take the scalper's cut from the get go. You'll probably be able to stubhub some $50 tickets the day of

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

At least the Yankees were nice to me and kept prices the same for all games. Opening day for $27. I think any team endings in ets hires buffoons for their front office.

5. 17a_tailgater

Last year they called me a week before opening day and worked a real out for tix are a cheaper price. Told them I had my eyes on seats on stubhub. They not only have me seats closer than those but beat the stubhub price. I have left my # already with a sales rep for the New York mets to call me when they are serious.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Somebody is really using their head. Super good call on their part.

That's what mystified me about the PSL sales for our look-alike BJ's warehouse. These people signed up for these PSLs with NO ASSURANCE WHATSOEVER that there wouldn't be a horrific price increase. The least Woody could have done (and a really good marketing call) would have been to assure PSL buyers no price increase for 3 years. What thehell, the economy was in the tank anyway, so any fool knows it would have been impossible to raise prices too much for 3 years anyway. So they wouldn't have been giving away anything, but it sounds good on paper.

I still say the PSL people haven't seen anything yet. Wait until the economy starts to turn around and Woody hasn't been able to raise prices for a couple of years. He's going to say to himslef, "I need to make up for those years where I couldn't raise prices." And after he gets the majority of the PSL payment in the bank, THEN the fun and games REALLY starts with the prices of PSL seats.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Is it the economy or team sucess that will dictate price increase for the PSL seats? Economy is doing better, at least my 401k is. The problem is the Jets are in a recession. That SOB is itching to pull the trigger.

Man, what he does with this years ticket prices will tell us if he really understands his fan base. To me, keeping prices flat in the UD after the last 2 seasons, is the same as a price incresase after a good year. If I was the owner, I would take offensive and give my non-psl owners a price reduction to stem the tide of dissatisfaction coming my way. We know he is clueless, question is does someone in the business side of the Jets have the balls to tell the man Jets fans are not happy with the UD view and prices and if we don't make adjustments till we turn things around, we could face massive exit after haggling with these people over the prices. I think he's gonna keep things flat and allow us to pay our tickets over 4 installments and 1/2 price on the parking like last year and bring up the Super Bowl lottery.

#16907 sec314, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  8. 17a_tailgater

I hope woody understands as soon as I decide enough is enough, I won't jump back on the season tix list no matter how good the team does. Once I'm gone its cherry picking and 60" LCD

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow 17A this sounds a lot like me,,,,,in fact,,,,,,,it is me,,,,gone and not turning back,,,,gave up the tix zero regrets ! :beer:

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

I think you're right. Just based one how I saw the setup on the Jets website I got the feeling they would try to use the lottery to get you to renew.

Probably what happens is they keep prices the same, 1/2 off parking, and after the relocation upgrade process they lower prices as they see needed.

Only price reduction I could see is rows 20-26 on the sideline.

11. Section 227. Row 5

As far as I'm concerned, Woody had already told me that he DOESN'T understand his fan base.

It's not what he says... it's what he does. He SAYS all the right things ("I understand Jets fans are passionate... I don't blame them," blah, blah, blah...)

Then he DOES the exact opposite and worse, sent out his henchmen to fuck over his entire Seniority Fan Base. WTF is that?

And you of all people... you had 1980 Seniority and were already in the uppers for all those years. So you tell me... do you think Woody really "understands" you? He fucked you around with seat selection, fucked you around with giving away better seats to complete newbie strangers with zero seniority, then he fucked you around with Castaway Class-Warfare Orange Parking, and then he fucked you around with offering $50 seats with no Preseasons required after he specifically cashed your check for Seasons WITH Preseason (and parking on those worthless games to boot) and he's getting ready to do it to you again after you pay your Season Ticket Bill.

So it's the "Fuck me once and shame on Woody, fuck me twice and shame on me." But in this case he's fucked us 4-5 times real good and you're sitll WONDERING if Woody "understand" his fan base. FUCK ME 5 TIMES AND I'M STILL FUCKING WONDERING IF HE "UNDERSTANDS' ME.

HA! He "understands" us alright. He understand we're a bunch of sick, weirdo, obsessed Jets fans with no fucking common sense whatsoever and endless financial resources with which to take a good ass-fucking any and every time he feels like bending us over.

"Doe he understand us?" YOU BET! Ahhhhh... Ahhh.. hahahahahahaa... AHHH.. HAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAHAHAHAAAA HAHAHAHHAHAA....

12. Section 227. Row 5

Let's face it. Those "lotteries" have always sucked. They're so stacked and have so many exemptions you never know if you're ever in the running. Anybody in the Upper Deck thinking he has a chance at Woody's lottery has a better chance of getting laid by a runway model.

We're all fucking suckers. There will be no MEANINGFUL price breaks this year. None. Too many suckers like us around to fork over our hard-earned dollars for his expensive and worthless product.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Thanks for finally getting it what I have been posting for months now :sad:

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Good article

Taking a break from Woody and the stadium, I wanted to post this here instead of a new thread because I thought most of you would appreciate an usually well written opinion on the Jets.... meaning the oppisite of Gary Myers. CHAMP WE KNOW THE JETS HAVE NOT WON A SUPER BOWL SINCE 1969 SO SAVE YOU BREATH POPS

http://turnonthejets.com/2013/02/new-york-jets-nfl-offseason-2013-jokes/

Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com appropriately called making fun of the New York Jets our “fifth national sport” this morning on Twitter. At this point, it doesn’t matter what rumor the team is associated with or how flimsy that information is, the only object of every beat writer and major NFL writer is to sprint to the keyboard and fire off a snarky Tweet preceded by “LOLZJETS…AMIRITE?” Context isn’t important, looking at the broader picture isn’t important and certainly common sense isn’t important.

It is always entertaining to hear fans of certain other NFL teams say “GOD, AT LEAST WE ARE NOT JETS FANS” – Do you know how many playoff wins Buffalo and Miami have combined for in the past ten years? ZERO. The Jets have six. When is the last time Cleveland Browns fans have celebrated a meaningful victory? MetLife Stadium may be a factory of drunken unhappiness on Jets Sundays but we aren’t at Factory Of Sadness Levels…yet.

Jacksonville fans? Oh…I forgot tarps can’t talk. All the Maganelli Dallas Cowboys fans in the area have seen one playoff win in the past 15 years. The Kansas City Chiefs haven’t won a playoff game since 1993! The Cincinnati Bengals since 1990! The list goes on but you get the point.

When a rumor surfaces that the New York Jets might have interest in signing Brady Quinn. It does not mean the Jets are 100% signing Quinn to a 7 year, 75 million fully guaranteed contract. It means they are considering bringing Quinn into training camp. Why? They need veterans to compete with Mark Sanchez…cheap veterans because they no have money to spend at quarterback. The stable of 2013 quarterbacks which is likely to be – Mark Sanchez, Retread Free Agent X, Mid-Round Draft Pick and Greg McElroy is a hold the fort situation until cap space frees up and the 2014 Draft rolls around. If the Jets bring in Brady Quinn or David Garrard it isn’t to be the long term quarterback it is to help hold the fort until 2014. The Jets want cheap and no long term commitment. Quinn? DING. DING. DING.

Your reality is that Mark Sanchez is probably going to be the starting quarterback next year and Jets fans should want him to be. I can promise you his resume is more impressive than whatever retread the Jets sign on the cheap. Hopefully he plays himself into having some type of trade value heading into the 2014 season because the rest of the teams in the NFL aren’t run by individuals who despise every movement Sanchez makes. “He rubbed his hair on the sideline…SO CODDLED AND MENTALLY WEAK!” – Chances are somebody says, “Hey this guy was a capable starter in 2010 and for parts of 2011, has won four playoff games, including one in New England, melted down in an awful situation but has first round talent. Let’s float a 5th round pick for him and let him compete.” This scenario becomes more likely if Sanchez can put up even a thoroughly unimpressive 17 touchdown, 16 interception, 3,000 yard season with a 55 completion percentage in 2013.

The point is you can laugh at these names but what do you expect the Jets to do? They are doing their due diligence on cheap options because they have limited financial flexibility in 2013 and want as much financial freedom as possible for 2014 and beyond. There isn’t going to be splashy signings or trades. There is going to be sitting out the first wave of overpaid free agents and hopefully finding a few solid low-cost contributors. There is going to be plenty of draft picks and plenty of 1st and 2nd year guys playing major reps this season. It will be painful at times but in the long run it will be for the betterment of the

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

This just shows how bumbling & inept the NYJs organization is. Thanks for posting this since it says the same things I have been posting for years in this wonderful group :sad:

17. Section 227. Row 5

I stopped reading after this point. My stomach can't take it.

18. 17a_tailgater

i just through up

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

There is still some hope that some how they get Sanchez to restructure,,that would change the landscape dramatically ! I do not know if Sanchez can regain any confidence here as he is a shell of what he was 3 years ago. My guess is that he is toast and needs a change of scenery as I think the ny media, fans and pressure is just too much for him at this point. I mean his post game interviews were a joke as the season wore on and this from a guy who was never threatened to lose his job can you imagine how he responds when they actually bring in real competition for him ? I hope he restructures and is traded its best for him and us ,,,,,,in keeping with this thread thank god I did not purchase a cock a mammy PSL :)

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

No restructure, just take the hit this year and cut him day 1 in 2014. 2013 is a transition year, the sooner people realize it, the easier it is. We are going to suck this year.