Report: Brady Quinn likely to end on Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by displacedfan, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

AJ, you and I both know how the TriState media is gonna treat the 2013 NYJets. The shitstorm will begin again right after the first really bad showing. God forbid it happens on National TV like last season.

This team, no matter how bad it is, has to make decent showings on gameday or this fanbase will get real pissed, real quick. Especially if Rex and the PR dept tries to sell a bad team to the fanbase as anything other than a transitional one. The Media will crucify the Jets weekly which of course will make Woody Johnson make a ill advised, knee jerk move. Woody is all about the PR.

If we do go after a Matt Moore or a Geno Smith, that would be a "true competition" and people would respect Sanchez a lot more if he won in that arena. Beating out the likes of Brady Quinn, Matt Cassell, Greg McElroy and 2 other JAGS won't do anything to wash the bad taste out of everyone's mouths after Sanchez's '12 performance. Throw in a much needed, but wasted DP on Matt Cassell and you have the ingredients of a Cat. 5 Shitstorm.

2. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

All due respect how about the Az and Browns QB's?

3. Cman68

Kevin Kolb or Brady Quinn? I'll take Kolb. Kolb would be a better test for Sanchez than Brady Quinn. Now Brandon Weeden is a different story. Not sure if he's better or worse than Greg McElroy but at least he got to play more than a couple of games.

4. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Keep in mind that Kolb would require a trade and he I'm sure costs more than Quinn. It is what it is. Our former GM put us in this spot and we have to eat shit til we get rid of 6

5. Cman68

I agree 100%. That's why I'm thinking this entire gambit is the Jets' version of "Suck for Luck". Sanchez walks the plank after next season so the FO/CS has to put the best spin on it for public consumption. How to do that? create a contest so one sided that Sanchez would literally have to blow out his throwing shoulder and tear a ACL in order to lose it.

I don't envy the GM of the Jets at all. His position is a very difficult one in that he has to rebuild the franchise w/o making it obvious that he's stacking the deck to that end. He has to field a competitive team w/o any talent or the fanbase will be in open revolt to the point of perhaps, not coming to home games in meaningful numbers.

This is one time that Ryan needs to be honest with the fanbase or just STFU. No more bullshit proclimations that this team "is the best I've had since I've been here". He's already short on credibility as it is with the fans and the media.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I can't stand Quinn...but on the bright side,
    Sanchez will beat out all 3 of em!!! YESS!!!!

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If Jets don't draft a QB this spring (I doubt it) then Jets would do well to let Nacho stay for another season.

I don't want to see another rookie QB thrown into the fire again. Let Nacho suck for the newly minted QB prospect so he doesn't have to suck.

8. Cman68

Tee, I'd like to think that Sanchez could beat out any of them even with a hangover on New Year's Day. God help us if he can't. Sanchez needs to show something this season and I don't think this "competition" will be enough motivation to lite the perverbial fire under his ass.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm gonna stay optimistic and say that I hope Quinn has his breakout season with the Jets.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

IMO, he Finally will have an OC & QB Coach who know wtf they are doing...

The Competition will be a sidenote.
    I just want a backup who is capable of taking over once Sanchez gets blind sided again.

11. Satire?

Satire? Guest

franchise tag this beast

12. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I don't have too many expectations for the year (though I would like lightning to strike in a bottle). So long as we stop getting blown out in games, I honestly won't be terribly upset.

That being said, I'm wondering if we're doing a fair amount of posturing to the media as well. Letting them know we will have 5 QBs, but not exactly saying who 2 of them are. Either that, or Idzik is purposely lowering expectations so that when we get a halfway decent QB, everyone thinks he is a super awesome GM...

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Chris Mortenson said on Mike n Mike this morning that when he said Brady Quinn could end up on the Jets that it was just pure speculation by him and there hasnt been any contact or talk by either partys so.......... this is pure speculation

14. Cman68

We can only hope this is true. I'd be willing to sacrifice many small mammals to the gods to make this nightmare go away.

15. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

fuck and im always calling shit like this out haha totally got swept in it

i really hope they dont bring in brady quinn. im sure mornhinweg has his eye on someone to compete with sanchez. gotta be better options than brady fucking quinn.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

why not Cassel if he gets released? He's better than Quinn for fuck sake.

17. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i doubt that if reid dropped him mornhinweg will come along and want to scoop him up. and i really fucking hope that mornhinwegs opinion is being considered here...

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i am all for the quinn type acquisitions if the are coming at vet min. there is no one available that is going to become a franchise qb, so better to pay minimum for bottom tier guys than waste cap space on mid tier guys when you are still going to need to find the franchise. its better to be really bad and hope the next star qb comes out than to be mediocre and and always missing him

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

God these are pooper scooper QBs this year.

Next year lets draft Teddy B or Johnny Football.

These are terrible QB's, even the prospects stink...Matt Barkley is Lienart 2.0

20. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

no way dude, there are guys that will come cheap that have yet to have the chance to lead a team in a regular season game. those are the people i want coming in to compete. not guys who have proven they suck.