Report: Brady Quinn likely to end on Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by displacedfan, Feb 27, 2013.

1. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

id much rather have cassell than quinn. at least cassell has had some inkling of success in the league, and hasnt been a complete disaster just about every time hes taken the field.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It certainly appears that the Jet FO is trying to find the Worst QB's in the NFL to "compete" with Sanchez. To trade a 5th for Cassel with all the holes in this roster is BEYOND STUPID. Even if they got that pick back from Frisco in a Revis deal, it still won't be the same 5th as the one they already own.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Uggg, why would you give up a pick with a roster and cap situation that needs those picks just to fill spots...

4. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I read yesterday they wanted 5 QB's (Tebow not among them) going into camp. Looks like they are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle on the cheap.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

Oh my goodness. If we trade any pick for any QB, this team just doesn't learn.

6. Who did you people expect to not only be available but also be affordable & able to beat out Sanchez? I'm not sure that player exists in the current market. So why get so upset? We're rebuilding.It is what it is. We already KNOW franchise QB is a major need moving forward. Might as well at least create some competition/depth in the meantime.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Where did Cassel go to school?:)

8. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

The disaster has been the team around him.

9. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Chiefs had 6 pro bowlers this past season. How were they not better?

10. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

QB will be a sore spot again this year. Nobody good enough to draft that high and nobody good enough and cheap enough to sign given our cap situation and all the holes we have that can be filled easier than QB

11. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

I heard the Jets are looking to have 5 QBs in camp, and Tebow will not be one of them.

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

funny thing is we could have had Russell Wilson if we listened to Bradway of all people

13. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Like salt in the wound, man. Ouch.

14. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

We should wait until Brady Quinn is actually on the team before complaining about the deal. If for some reason we acquire him for vet min, there's really no need to complain.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Trade for Matt Cassell?

Are we nuts, what is the Jets FO doing? Just tank already and please either keep Revis or trade him for a 1st and 2nd

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Trading for Matt Cassell = stupidity
    Waiting for Brady Quinn = acceptable

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Actually there is plenty reason to complain. With or w/o Quinn, we'll have the signature collection of the worst QB's in the league all on our roster. Add Quinn to the mix, and we will get that very high DP in '14 which is my point. If the FO is tanking the season, this is a very subtle way of going about it not unlike what Indy did to get Luck.

Quinn does not improve our Qb position and if nothing else, only adds fuel to the speculation that the FO/CS is putting Sanchez in a can't lose situation. They'll be able to point to this "Qb competition" as proof positive that Sanchez gives this team the best chance to win. If you bring in 4 stiffs and Sanchez wins, that only proves he's the cream of the crap but to the FO/CS and homers everywhere, they'll be convinced that Sanchez is indeed, the man. In some cases, turds will float.

I can respect this IF the team is trying to dump '13 (call it rebuilding if you want) in order to get that high DP in '14. This decision makes sense if you're looking for a reason to blunt the Fan and Media shit storm that's coming in '13. You'll have the built in excuse of "its a rebuilding year" to fall back on. It gives Rex all the cover he needs to keep his job into '14. It also gives Izdik a year to get his feet on the ground and grow into the Jets GM job as this isn't Seattle and the expectation and market here is very different.

What does not make sense is trading a much needed DP for Matt Cassel when you already have enough awful QB's to make Sanchez look good.

#117 Cman68, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I see what you're getting at. However, what if they somehow bring a QB like Matt Moore in. He at least has a relatively good resume. Or, if we get Geno Smith. We'd have two relatively good QBs and three bad ones. I think the bad ones won't win the job, in that case.

I don't know where this 'shit storm' is coming from. Most everyone on here thinks next year is a rebuilding year. If they get upset, it's because they got overly optimistic during the season. Rex will keep his job in 2014 barring a 2-14 collapse. And he should.

As for Matt Cassel, I agree with you. The guy is not worth a draft pick at all, and we really shouldn't be giving any of them away for anyone unless they're a proven GOOD player, or a person with a lot of upside (see Nick Foles, a REAL QB).

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I guess Brady Quinn is also marketable to the ladies...Not sure what our fascination is in getting QB's who are popular with the media.

Remember how hyped Browns fans were when Quinn played his first preseason game
    [youtube]dVnJG7v98iE[/youtube]

20. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Romeo was the coach