17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Please keep in mind that interest accrues on a daily basis.

So yes maybe 6.5% annually compounded daily

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The cowboys home looks like everything we were hoping for us. Its like Nordstrom vs. Two Guys.... old school comparison

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

MetLife stadium is like an April fools joke,,,,! I remember being inside while it was underconstruction and then when I took that first tour,,,there was zero wow factor,,,,,,zero!

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Start with $100. Annual rate is 6.5%, daily rate is 6.5% / 365 = 0.017808219%

$100 x (1.00017808219) ^ 365 = $106.715

So that's like a one time interest rate of 6.715% at the end of the year. The daily compounding increases your rate by 0.215%

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Thank you :sad:

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I thought it was still under construction when I went opening night. " This can't be the completed product, they must have run out of money for this year" Fast forward to the following year. " I guess they were finished, the food signs in the UD look like an aisle sign from Rite Aide. The under belly makes Home Depot look like 227's house in Upper Saddle River":breakdance: How did Jerry Jones keep a straight face when Mara gave him a tour of the old barn?. He must have laughed all the way back to Dallas.

He's a quote from Lupica this morning:

Tell me there isn’t a sick, twisted part of you not wanting next year’s Super Bowl pregame show to begin with a shot outside MetLife Stadium that looks like the cross-country skiing course at the Sochi Olympics.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...heroes-article-1.1271932?pgno=2#ixzz2LpO5BG9y

#16866 sec314, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Oh yes one other thing on your proposal hopefully you know that since the 1960 thru the 2012 season the NYJs are a total under 500 team. Yes that is a historical fact the the NYJs record from 1960 thru 2012 is more losses then wins so why in heck would I spend 1G on flying to NYC etc, etc, etc when the odds are not even in my favor ( & I guess yours as well) that I or U or other NYJs STH will see a win? That to me is like just pissing my money away & I have far better things to do with my $$$$$$$$ then watching a losing team play FB. Again after attending home games from 65 to 95 MHO is that being there live & in person vs my man cave I will take my man cave every day as attending a game in person is a very, very overblown thing :sad:

#16867 championjets69, Feb 24, 2013
  8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

just think of your entrance to Giants Stadium. after a pat down you were on an escalator within seconds.straight shoot to your level.was the concourse narrow? yes but the bathrooms were wide with ample urinals.u took a piss and grabbed a beer and were in your seat in plenty of time.

right price great view and the same fans around you for years

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It gets better. You got there whenever and parked in the same spot for the same general admission price. If you were a serious tailgater, you got there early, first-come, first-served (as it should be) and you had your pick and nobody hassled you with class warfare as in which lot you "belong" in.

If you were one of the 40% or so who were under cover, you had a chance to get the kids out of the rain, not like today, where only 5% of the stadium is outdoors and under cover.

After the game, another straight shot down the escalator with no stopovers. 2 mionutes and you're at ground level and on your way to your car. If you were smart you parked near the exit ramp and away you go.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it really was a sweet setup... its one of those be careful what you wish for you just might get it situations.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The only thing I don't miss about the old place is getting out of the big lot after the game. It was just awful. If everyone stayed till the end and you made a fast exit because of the great escalator in the sky, you were golden but the last 10 years, most times, people would come in the middle of the 1st. and leave in the middle of the 4th and the ramp going over Rt. 120 to get out of the big lot sucked. I find getting out of the lot 10x better nowadays. Yeah, the new parking was worth 1.6 billion for sure

#16871 sec314, Feb 24, 2013
  12. 17a_tailgater

i cant believe how smart they were back in the 70's. putting the stadium in the middle and parking completely around the stadium.
    [​IMG]

13. Section 227. Row 5

We should have called the Giants' bluff and let them build their own stadium, then purchased this son of a bitch, painted it green and renovated it a little.

They tore down a stadium with perfectly football sightlines, conveniently placed for parking and easy to get in and out of. Fucking idiots.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Not so if you were heading south on the TNPK. I used to park over by Gate C, but close to the exit opening that takes you out to the TNPK entrance.

It would take us maybe an additional 4 minutes to walk from the bottom of the escalator to the car, but once in the car, you were out onto the main artery. Stay to the right and you're already at teh TNPK entrance heading south. Di-Di Mau in no time.

15. Section 227. Row 5

There wasn't a shitty seat in the house. Perfect football bowl. Somebody needs to be propped up in front of a firing squad.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

At the time the Giants and Jets were in the second half of the NFL in revenue because of a crappy stadium lease deal they signed.

As far as the new place the majority of the blame goes to Woody. The Jets were going to go to the West Side and the Giants were negotiating here. The Giants then had a stadium they wanted that was a traiditional stadium with some luxury suites but they Jets fought for the monstrosity.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

part of it is that they will no longer allow them to build stadiums with overhangs of a certain amount without putting in posts. (i read that on here i believe) which means that no new stadiums will have the intimacy and feel of the older ones.

however that is no excuse for this fucking mausoleum.

but it begs to question, if its not cool to build them like that now, why aer the old ones not torn down and replaced as they must not be safe...

18. Section 227. Row 5

It may be so that Woody pushed more for the monstrosity as it neared construction, but let's not forget that he had very little negotiating power before or at that point, so I have to give the Giants plenty of blame for it too.

I say this because the Jets had already rejected the Queens location for lack of space. Then Bruno and Silver shot down the WSS. So, with his tail between his legs, Woody had to go back to the Giants (who were still his landlord at this point and who were now theatening to build their own stadium and "let us" be tenants again). With his hat in his hand he now turned to the Giants with no options left, begged both the Giants and the Port Authority to let us be equal partners in a joint venture. All the while, the Giants had Woody by the balls and knew it.

They both sold it to the public as a cost-saving measure that was good for the state, the teams and the fans. After the basic concept of that was approved, that's when the greedy Woody pushed for the gargantuous, cavernous POS we have today inorder to max out the Clubs and so forth.

Both teams grossly overestimated (this is really an understatement) the ability and desire of its fans to spend the kind of money they were looking for from them with the PSLs, but none more aggregeously than the Jets, whose fragile fanbase consisted of old-timers like myself that haven't even sniffed a playoff appearance even for 43 years.

The Giants probably sat back and said to themselves, "Well, if this stupid son of a bitch wants to go in 50-50 on the expense of inflating this building to Titanic proportions and then having to charge more for the PSLs and tickets, we're on board with this because we won't have any problem antying up. They may have a problem down the road, but we won't since our wait list is triple what theirs is."

What I am saying is, if I were Woody, I would have tried one more thing... an end-around. Go to then-governor Cody (McShkeevy had resigned in disgrace) and tld him, "The Giants want to build their own statdium. Fine. But don't knock down the old one. We'll take it! I want to lease it with an option to buy and I'll renovate it and call it Jets Stadium, a stadium of our own."

But oh no. No. We have to have a freaking monstrosity, one with terrific boxes and Club Sections and restaurants and who gives a shit about sightlines? They can watch the game on our flatscreens. What a fucking farce.

19. 17a_tailgater

But if u don't buy season tickets,your not entitled to playoff tickets.....

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Or the Super Bowl lottery for our own brand new stadium