Mike Glennon, quarterback prospect out of North Carolina State

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsFan, Feb 23, 2013.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

The Jets have talked to him in length and he seems to have the most upside among the QBs in this draft. Plus, he has experience in our new WC offensive we will be playing.

Stats I care about: (Can't be any worse than Sanchez!)
    2012 - Comp% 58.5 - QB Rating 130.7
    2011 - Comp% 62.5 - QB Rating 136.4
    2010 - Comp% 69.2 - QB Rating 119.6
    2009 - Comp% 61.2 - QB Rating 113.2

Senior Season:
    Comp 330, Att 564, Yds 4031, Comp % 58.5, Tds 31, Int 17

He did average 33 sacks over the last two years, which could be good in that he can takle a hit, or bad is he is not mobile.

He did not have very good supporting cast either compaired to the other QBs in the Draft. In the bowl game he competed 35 of 53 for 383 yards and had 10 drops by his receivers.

* The Jets could drop back in the Draft and still get this kid and a 2nd round pick to use for a RB. Have a new look offense at a cheap price. No way we will get a good QB in FA with no CAP room, the Draft is the answer.

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

17 interceptions? No thanks

3. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

He's much better than his stats. Youtube his games & you'll see tons of dropped passes which forces him into hero mode. Also doesn't have the Receivers that some of these other top QB prospects had.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Watching Glennon's games left me with the distinct feeling that his arm isn't all that good. He makes a ton of underneath throws delivering the ball to slanting receivers but his deep throws tend to wobble. I also got the distinct impression that he throws some balls before he has gotten a proper grip on the ball, an indication that he is working hard on his release time at the expense of other things.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

He's being tutored by Ken O'Brien apparently.

6. Bleedingreennc

Please no, i have seen him play many times, he will be a below average pro.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Perhaps. Either way, he's still much better than his college stats. Most of the other top QB prospects are accompanied by top WR prospects.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Sign this beast.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Ok, there is nothing I hate more than a lazy idiot like this OP. if your going to take the time to look up Glennon's stats, then throw out a Sanchez comment, at lest take the 5 extra seconds to look up his stats.

Senior year, his only as a starter

241/336 for 65.8 % comp, 3207 yards, 34 TD to 10 picks and a 164.6 rating.

Glennon's yards per attempt in his last two years (those he started) were 6.7 and 7.1 Sanchez's was 8.8.

Marks biggest problem was the lack of experience with only one year as a starter. He was absolutely seen as a top ten QB, where as no one in this class is.

Glennon's biggest issue is his decision making under pressure. Combine that with sloppy footwork and your looking at the same problems we have now, but with a bigger arm. I would not hate drafting him in the second or later as a developmental prospect, but he is not going to push anyone this year.

#9 Harpua, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Bring back Ken O'Brien!

11. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

Not overly impressed.

12. JetsFan

Sanchez had a top team with all his offensive weapons draft worthy. This kick had to do it on his own. As far as arm strength he has a very strong arm compaired to Sanchez.

This kid is a better candidate than Ryan Nassib and it seems these are the two the Jets seem interested in. I'd take Mike Glennon out of these two.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The worst of it all, is your doing noting but reading stats and trying to jump to projections about players. Its lazy, useless analysis. There are several conplete games of his on you tube, go watch them.

14. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

EJ Manuel would be a better fit with what we would want to do . He is mobile and it would open our run game up because you have to always consider he can run once he leaves the pocket which in turn opens the passing game cuz the Db's will come up. He reminds me of a Kapernick or Cam Newton

15. JetsFan

I have, have you ever seen one of his games? Some scouts even say this kid is the best QB in the draft.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Kids a twig,no way he survives getting hit in the NFL.

17. wildaces

wildaces Banned

LOL, like the NFL doesn't have a weight program.

18. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Only an idiot would try to compare 2 completely different programs, with completely different recruiting talent.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I have JetFan and I think he's a lousy Drew Bledsoe, a statue with an arm that's nowhere near Bledsoe's (or Ken O'Brien's for that matter).

Regular Season: He sucked in a 10-7 yawnfest vs. UCONN. Barely beat 4-8 Maryland 20-18. Totally sucked against 4-8 Virginia putting up only 6 points in a 37-6 blowout. NC St's big big against Fla. St. was more about their defense stepping up in crunch time.

Post-season: He sucked (what else?) against Vandy (who had Aaron Rogers' kid brother at QB) in the Music City Bowl-3 ints. I remember one play in particular: Vandy blew coverage and NC State had a receiver running free down the field all alone. Glennon totally missed picking up Vandy's blown coverage and the late, underthrown ball ended up getting picked off. It reminded me of Sanchize's attempted bomb to Braylon Edwards against the Titans that was also thrown way too late (Sanchez not reading the coverage) and which was picked off as well.

In the Senior Bowl he looked like a red-haired, pencil-necked geek. I see a ho-hum, so-so QB who will be a below average bore in the NFL. A big stiff with no pocket presence. This is NOT the 'competition' for Sanchize you'd want to waste a precious, badly needed draft pick on.

#19 joe, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I've seen several. While he may be near the top of this draft, it's only because its an extremely weak QB draft. Quit getting hung up on what s outs say and learn to look for yourself.