AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Gotta believe Daryl will kill Merle before the season is over.

Also, would have loved if Allen and Ben (Tyresse's buddies) tried to overtake Carol and Carl. Carl would have put those two clowns down in a zombie-minute.

I think some character carnage is coming in the next two week to thin the herd a little. Best bets to buy it:

Allen (just a matter of time)
    Ben (another goner)
    Axel (no real contribution...smells like zombie fodder)
    Sasha (would provide motivation for Tyresse)
    Carol (would weigh heavy on Daryl if she died while he was gone)

Untouchables (characters that will survive the season):

Rick (I think show-runner Glen Mazzara wanted to kill Rick and AMC shut it down)
    Carl (too much invested in developing him)
    Daryl (most popular character on the show)
    Michone (hasn't been fully explored yet)
    Glen (one of the better characters)
    Maggie (hot)
    Hershel (why cut off the leg only to kill him later...plus he is a good actor)
    Judith (can't kill a baby)

#1141 DeathByJets, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Rick has to be considered the most popular on the show. If he was killed off, I would probably stop watching. If Daryl was killed off, it would suck, but the show could go on.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Herschel will become the new leader. Rick is off his rocker.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Great show! Great series! I watched the entire marathon over the weekend to catch up.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Good Episode but really hated that opening

*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ*SPOILERZ

That whole town is just bullshit. C'mon, we are supposed to buy into them one minute being blood thirsty town folks in their fight club cheering for death
    then not 5 mins. later they are just goody2shoes town folk who just need a hug?
    Wtf was that?

That whole opening scene was just dumb....
    oh Now the Governor has an eye patch, walking through smoke trying to make him a badass...lol

Love this show, one of the best on tv right now but seriously it seems they are going to take it into a direction that was way off from what we've grown to love about it.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yeah I thought it was a little cheesy too. And I'm getting tired of Andrea being a complete idiot

7. Royal Tee

Yep, Seems as though they are taking all the characters and fucking them up on purpose.

Andrea-Becoming a Dumb idiot
    Rick-Buggin out
    Darryl-Gone
    Glenn-Losing it
    Michonne-Angry Black chick....oh wait so she's the same.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yeah Glenn's being a little bitch too

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the entire Woodbury/Governor part of the show is just so horribly written and lame that it is hard to watch or take serious. it really is bad television, and a shame that it detracts from the prison storyline which is very good.

for all the hype about the Governor character and the storyline in the comic, the show has failed in every aspect of it.

10. Royal Tee

Glad some of you agree. I thought I was going to sound like that prick poster that always shows up just to hate on the popular stuff...lol

But yea, Town is horrible:
    "KILL KILL KILL"
    "Awww We can't leave? Waaahh"

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I understand the frustration about the storyline, but maybe you guys need to take into account the audience. There definitely is great source material.

Most of which will be twisted into opportunistic, boring and highly profitable results for stupid people pretending to enjoy it.

The vast majority of viewers are easily entertained and mainly unintelligent.

The selection of truly intelligent writing that you will ever view again on popular television (non-premium) is as limited as the population of black rhinos in Africa.

This show was doomed from season two to be directed toward the attention - the limited attention - of the same mass of dipshit people that thought the last couple of seasons of 24 and Lost were great.

And the smaller population of those shows' religious followers that wanted to fool themselves into thinking they didn't suck.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

^lol yep. I'm so tired of mindless fucks acting like this show is the greatest of all time

13. DeathByJets

The problem is not that it isn't a good show, but it has the same problem that all serialized shows have. Not every episode can be brilliant, because in order to tell the larger story there are always some mundane aspects. Season 2 of TWD was butchered by many. However, when you watch a season on DVD or Netflix, where you can watch many episodes in one sitting, it works much better. Season 2 of TWD is a perfect example of this. It plays really well in consecutive viewings. While it is a stronger show on the whole, Breaking Bad even occasionally has this problem (and I am not trying to pick a fight with BB fans, because I love that show).

And while I thought 24 jumped the shark in later seasons, my feelings on LOST are well documented. Consider me among the "dipshit people", because Season 5 of LOST was among the best seasons any TV show has ever put out. Season 6 was admittedly flawed, but it had many strong moments and again, when you watch even those episodes consecutively, it works much better.

14. abyzmul

I guess my post hit home.

15. DeathByJets

Well....you were trolling for a reaction. So, I spoke up. And, as I am abzymul fan, I would expect nothing less from you than to toss a grenade on the dinner table to see what happens. Then again, since I also like TWD and LOST, perhaps you aren't that great either.

16. The Dark Knight

The Walking Dead and L O S T are great shows. I never understood all the hate for Season 2 of TWD either, as I could argue it as the best season of the series so far. Definitely had some epic moments. I liked Season 6 of L O S T too. Some people just have different tastes I guess. I should not even get into this talk though as abyz no doubt considers me a dipshit anyway. Haha.

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

grrr this show annoys me. The governor should be dead so all of this is bs

18. DeathByJets

Awesome episode tonight.

19. The Dark Knight

Don't worry. His days are numbered. Haha. Last night was sweet though.

20. abyzmul

Self-realization is a fantastic thing to have. I am not great at all. And neither is this show since season one.

#1160 abyzmul, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013