Tebow's fans will be his end

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by LeonNYJ, Jan 11, 2013.

1. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Another genius who apparently didn't read the several pages of comments made before mine.

2. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You have a great regular season QB. Now all you need is to draft a QB to take over in week 18. You could revolutionize the concept of a "back up". Instead of coming in when the starter is hurt, just send him in once the playoffs start.

3. Realistic Jets Fan

Did the Jets cut this useless POS yet?

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Nope. Sanchez is still on the team AFAIK.

5. Realistic Jets Fan

Make sure his whole stinking cult follows stinking Tebowout the door in February.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

They'll go... along with Revis.

7. christian_cat

christian_cat Banned

Us Tebow Supporters aren't delusional. We know Tim is an excellent football player and great person. Just a winning combination that not many football players have.

8. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I didn't care about inheriting the Tebow fans as long as it helped the team, but they really are the worst. I think Tebow has really hurt himself by being a bad teammate, but his fans are so unrealistic and obnoxious that they're literally going to run Tebow out of the league. I really don't think there's a team in the league that will give him a chance due to all of the baggage he brings with him.

9. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Unrealistic and obnoxious ?

Hmmm, let's take a look:

You came into this forum and made that obnoxious and factually incorrect post, yet YOU have the nerve to say that Tebow fans are obnoxious ?

That's farking hilarious.

10. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Claiming my statements are "factually incorrect" is being dishonest. I know you think that because Tebow denied asking out of the wildcat, it must be true, but he has lied before to protect his image. If you have proof that he didn't ask out that isn't speculation, feel free to present it. It's news to me.

And my opinion doesn't matter one way or another. I can be obnoxious and unrealistic like you guys are and I'll just be one person, an annoyance. For instance, I love Kerley. There's not a single team or a single fan base that would not want Kerley because of the baggage of also getting usc1978. That is a bit different than the reaction to all of you Tebow fans. Teams don't want Tebow because of his lack of QB skill, unwillingness to sacrifice for the team and the fanbase that follows him. If you don't believe the part about the fanbase, tell me why he's being shown the door by his second team with the only other team that pursued him last year making a public declaration that they're not interested.

11. Demosthenes9

I have all the proof I need as Tebow addressed the issue in a straightforward way and neither Rex nor any of the "anonymous team sources" contradicted what he said.

As for the rest of your post, that you claim that Tebow has an "unwillingness to sacrifice for the team" really tells me all that I need to know about you.

You see my friend, I don't think that Tebow fans are the problem. Rather, it's people like you who make rather ignorant and uniformed claims that are the problem. Now, you will disagree, I am sure, but I'd say that 90% of the Tebow supporters here are a lot more rational, logical and honest about Tebow than you are.

12. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Unwillingness to sacrifice for the team???

The man was a Heisman winning quarterback who won two national championships and took a 1-4 team to their first playoff victory in years...He came here and put on a ton of weight, became a personal punt protector, and ran up the middle over and over and over again in what was the most poor excuse for an offense I've ever seen while never getting a chance to pass the ball except for one deep shot that hit a guy on the helmet and a few quick screens..... The kid made more sacrifices for his team then a man with his resume would typically make...yeh... he was unwilling to sacrifice....your full of it!

13. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

It's easy to be unselfish when things are going well. Tebow picked the Jets as his destination and did what was asked because he thought it was the best situation for him. When it became clear that that wasn't the case, he asked out of doing what the team wanted him to do.

14. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Prove it! Anonymous sources don't count

15. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

He was the wildcat QB.

He got passed up by McElroy.

Sources say he asked out of wildcat.

He was no longer the wildcat.

This isn't a court of law. No one needs anything to be proven. You don't have to believe Tebow did anything you don't want to. The sequence of events make it obvious, but I don't need you to hand down a guilty verdict.

16. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

No they aren't. Tebow fans simply saw what they wanted to see, and are in flat out denial even in an obvious case of Tebow himself being economical with the truth when it came to protecting his image. ....and you swallowed his bullshit whole.

But then, you guys are the ones that think Tebow almost single handedly took a 1-4 team to the playoffs. Nobody else is fooled by that nonsense when there are a hundred other factors that contributed there. Tebow was only a small cog in that machine, though you and the rest of his dillusional fans insist he was the machine itself.

Trust me, they actually watched EVERY play he made, not just the hilights like you did.

If things really happened the way you seem to think, teams would be offering their first born to get Tebow on their team. You really think they'd care about critics or his rabid fanbase?

Since none of them are stupid enough to buy that fertilizer you and his fanatics are shoveling, we see his value at an all time low. Simply put, Tebow sucks, they all know it, and don't like having people like you and the media capitalizing on it in their faces about starting him.

Tebow had some successful moments, no question. But it came with FAR too much noise. That rubs a lot of players, teams, GMs, and coaches the wrong way. So it is silly to think his fanbase are only 10% of the problem. I'd put it at about 65%, minimum. They won't let him quietly sit behind the scenes to develop him. They'll insist he needs to be starting like yesterday.

17. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Why can't you guys just admit Tebow was getting frustrated with his role, saw his career as a QB sinking, and is starting to put his foot down on that? I actually respect that. Take charge of his career. Stop using his talents as a gimmick. His fans going lawyer-like on it and acting like it never happened, I don't respect.

#97 Concerned_Citizen, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  18. Demosthenes9

Umm, because I refuse to take the word of anonymous sources who weren't even in the room for the conversation, especially given that Tebow flat out denied that the reports were true, and gave his version of the events. All of which HAVE NOT been contradicted by either Rex Ryan or any of the anonymous sources ?

No one is saying that he didnt put his foot down. Marching into the coaches office, telling him that you are pissed about being passed over, that you deserve that shot, and that you came to the team to be a "real QB" and that you are frustrated about being asked to run the ball straight into the line IS putting your foot down.

19. Demosthenes9

The sequence of events doesn't make it "obvious" at all as I've already explained.

20. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

You have no idea if the sources were in the room or not, not that it's entirely relevant. Tebow was angry when he was passed over. If he's telling people he's going to refuse to be the wildcat QB outside of his meeting with Rex Ryan and then he's not the wildcat QB, that's a pretty accurate source.

You don't really explain things. You respond to people's points with anecdotes from your life that have no relevance on the discussion, so excuse me if I missed something with some actual meat to it.

Regardless, 1) Tebow was the wildcat QB, 2) reports said he asked out of being the wildcat QB because he was upset, and 3) then he wasn't the wildcat QB. If we remove step two, what explanation gets us to three?