Jets to try to trade Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Dennis, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

He's probably not "more" of a distraction, but probably not much "less" of one either.

Either way, he has become a distraction that "must go." All that drama with Rex skipping over him, playing him on special teams, and using him in only wild-cat plays, and the talk about them not actually practicing any of his plays... yeah, NO good can come from another year of that.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Actually, that could be rather easily explained and something easily repaired. Don't know if I can find it again, but there was an article talking about how Rex gave Sparano total control over the offense. Perhaps he was either "too nice" or "too weak" to lay down some "law" and make Sparano do things his way. Sparano might have been the one making the decisions about Tebow based on his opinion and evaluations

Doesn't mean that another OC won't see things the same way. But, it's possible that another OC might actually be able to use Tebow creatively, or might recognize abilities that Sparano didn't see.

EDIT: Found the article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/20560/sunday-notes-rexs-blind-spot-offense

We don't know who was making the call with regards to playing time, or what those decisions were based on. Say that it was Rex who made the final decisions. Did he base those decisions off his own evaluations ? Or by what Sparano told him ?

#42 Demosthenes9, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  3. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I'd find it pretty odd if Rex didn't know what was going on with Tebow in practice, or felt Tebow was a good player but trusted Sporano's judgment. HIS career is on the line too. I think it is a pretty good bet that Rex endorsed what Sporano was doing and knew exactly what was going on. Doesn't sound like it was his call to fire Sporano, though I could be wrong.

Sounds like anyone still with the Jets, and even the owner, are trying to distance themselves from the decision to bring Tebow to the team. They fired the GM, and it all but seemed like he was being made the scapegoat for the Tebow debacle. That doesn't strike me as a scenario that will entertain the possibility of giving Tebow a shot to win the starting job. I'm about 99.99% certain the Jets fully plan to dump him after they entertain rrade scenarios and most likely fail to get anything at all. especially after all they have done was devalue him all year.

No, he ain't staying a jet.

4. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Great. So the Jets are trying to trade him for a bag of used practice footballs. Anything to help the cap.

5. sunbeam

sunbeam Banned

To me this shows the problems with the Jets in a nutshell.

Look when you have someone who is good at their job, whether it is a coach or a coordinator, you see some kind of movement, some kind of improvement when they are running things.

I have no doubt that wherever Norv Turner lands he will do a good job running the offense (I don't think anyone is hiring him for a head job again). He will use what he has to work with effectively.

But you didn't see that with the Jets. I only watched one or two games from the year before, but to my eyes the Jets got worse this year.

Clowns hopping out of a funny car worse. Unless Sparano was shoved down Ryan's throat, this past season is on his head. Everything that happened is due to this being Ryan's choice of Sparano, staying with Sanchez, and/or just letting it go on without making a change.

It is absolutely all on Rex Ryan. Sparano might be a lousy OC, but who put him in that job and let him make the calls week after week?

Something just passed through my head. Tebow saved Ryan's job. Not by any play on the field (since that was irrelevent). But by giving him an excuse, stupid as it was, for what happened last season.

Next year I expect Tebow to be gone, and the Jets to replicate what happened this year. Who knows they may actually get worse

I've said it before, they need to blow up the coaching staff, front office, and start over with everything, including the roster.

The Jets are free to show me otherwise, but they have the dead man walking look to me.

6. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

There's just no value in keeping Tebow. He's a distraction, the coaches don't think he's a good enough player and he's a selfish, bad teammate. He brings nothing to the table.

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

So what will be the cap hit for releasing him when the jets finally realize that no one is trading anything for his ass

8. Demosthenes9

"A selfish, bad teammate" who "brings nothing to the table ?"

Did I miss the sarcasm here ?

9. Demosthenes9

Sounds like anyone still with the Jets, and even the owner, are trying to distance themselves from the decision to bring Tebow to the team. They fired the GM, and it all but seemed like he was being made the scapegoat for the Tebow debacle. That doesn't strike me as a scenario that will entertain the possibility of giving Tebow a shot to win the starting job. I'm about 99.99% certain the Jets fully plan to dump him after they entertain rrade scenarios and most likely fail to get anything at all. especially after all they have done was devalue him all year.

No, he ain't staying a jet.[/QUOTE]

What you might "find pretty odd" is a joke seeing as how you have no credibility what so ever.

Here's another article:

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea he sucks. Everyone thinks he sucks. Except a handful of tebots that follow him around like a band of gypsies. I'm sure if you try hard enough you guys will be able to convince the rest of the world that he doesn't suck.

11. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

It's so freaking funny that someone living under a rock assumes he can speak for the world.

12. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Some see Timmy as a spotlight grabber. Ergo, he's "selfish."

Some see Timmy as a locker-room cancer who intentionally or unintentionally undermines the starting QB's authority as leader. Hence, he's a "bad teammate."

Some see Timmy as totally lacking the traditional quarterbacking skillset. Therefore, he "brings nothing to the table."

Now if Tebow becomes willing to change positions to something that better suits his particular skillset, then opinions may change as well...

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What's more funny is tebots thinking others are the ones living under rocks. :rolleyes:

14. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

When somebody must be referred using a plural pronoun, usually that's called majestic plural. E.g. an emperor, or pope. Most likely there are rocks like precious diamond on the crown over his head. So I am pretty much safe to say: he lives under a rock.

15. Demosthenes9

There goes your propensity to exaggerate again. Obviously, not everyone thinks he sucks as he has plenty of fans and supporters, including some noted former coaches and players.

What is it LTJF ? Do you keep repeating such bullshit to try and convince yourself ? Is it a laughable attempt to confirm your bias ?

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You guys don't deal with logic, reason or reality so I figure maybe I can teach you by being bluntly repetitive, kind of like how you teach a dog. Only problem is I can't get you to take the first step so I can offer a treat. It's probably a lost cause.

One day, many years from now, when Tebow has never accomplished anything in the NFL beyond his ridiculously overhyped and mis-understood (by tebots) 2011 season you guys will finally realize he is not and never was an NFL quality player. It will probably just hit you like a ton of bricks one day and you'll be mad at yourself for spending so much time trying to argue such nonsense.

I'm trying to save you from the pain and embarrassment of that moment.

Until then, so long as you're here, I'll keep blasting you in the face with the simple truth that you all refuse to see.

17. Demosthenes9

Some people attract attention just by walking into a room. That's not "selfish", that's charisma.

As far as undermining "the starting QB's authority as a leader", that's a sure sign that the starting QB is weak in regards to leadership. As many have said, if Mark Sanchez couldn't stand the pressure of having Tebow behind him, then he shouldn't be an NFL QB.

"Totally lacking the traditional quarterbacking skillset" is incorrect. He has many of the "traditional QB skillsets", you just want to focus on passing. Even then, it's wrong to say that he can't pass. At worst, he's inconsistent. Disagree >? Ask Pittsburgh.

Secondly, "traditional QB skillset" is thinking inside the box and bowing to conventional wisdom, i.e. there's only 1 model/way to play QB, and no one else need apply. That line of "thought" is severely limited.

18. Demosthenes9

The next time you use logic or reason in a post will probably be your first LTJF. The only reason "logic" would be a "lost cause" for you is because you have little familiarity with it and it's use is rather foreign to you.

In short, you would be trying to play with tools that you are unaccustomed to and don't know how to use.

2011 was not misunderstood by us. We understood exactly what was going on and we even tried to explain it to people while it was happening. Pundits on the Networks kept saying "We can't explain it", while many of us replied "We can, as we've watched it for years".

And, as I do regularly with CC, I'll continue to point out that you don't know what the fark you are talking about.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Using logic on tebots would be akin to using gasoline to put out a fire. It's just going to make matters worse.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. The truth. Tebow rides the pine because he blows. Now shower me with excuses and stats to try and twist the truth. It's great fun for you guys, I know.

20. Demosthenes9

And talking to a freaking eggplant is more productive than having a conversation with you, as the eggplant probably has a greater capacity of understanding logic and reason.

Seriously dude, I could dump 10 gallons of water on you and you'd deny that you were all wet, or that the water was the reason.