Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

OMG jon...you went through some tough stuff there huh? I never knew this. I dont get around the bullshit section much.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

We were looking at moving there earlier last year, My kid would have been going to Sandy Hook next year. Really nice town but after everything that happened I don't think we would want to deal with the whole notoriety =/

#2922 GordonGecko, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

yea it wasnt fun. But things are much, much better. Thankfully my kids went to the elementary school a mile up the road.

Anyhooooo, I cannot deal with losing power. What kind of winds we lookinat?

4. jaywayne12

A couple very important things to know here.

The word bust is going to happen somewhere..and whenever I talk about amounts I always say BUT.

There are many BUTS here...but with that said:

Its very important to know that there are several quality models that have this thing dumping even more that the absurd amounts predicted.

Whenever you question why..you get the same answer "well thats just not possible".

But if those models during other big storms never spit out those huge numbers...why are they doing it with this storm.

This is not a prediction. But why are these models showing these numbers?

The reason I mention this is that for 24 hours I cant help think that some areas are going to get amounts that should have been predicted or at least throw out there because they are there. Just because it has happened doesnt mean it cant.

North Jersey is the perfect example. While 10-15 inches are predicted..I for one would not be surprised if those amounts are not doubled...but close. The models do show this. Some good models too.

And especially in Conn or Eastern Mass. While numbers have been thrown out there for 15-24...I would not be surprised if there are areas that get over 3 feet because the models do say thats what will happen.

Should be interesting as we go along here.

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The notoriety thing kinda sucks but it is an AWESOME place to live. Really great people and since the shooting, its gotten 100 times better. The entire place just came together in a way I cant even explain. the first few weeks were unbearable because of the media and the signs everywhere and the memorials.

Anyway, back to the weather. theres a thread on this already. But we are VERY grateful from the nation wide support we received. It was truly amazing.

6. jaywayne12

Closer to the coast we are looking at 35-40 with gusts closer to 70 jon..inland where you are 25-30 with 60 gusts. Throw in the amount of snow..its possible bud.

A blizzard is warning needs three things...winds, visibility, duration.

winds..35 constant...visibility...less than a 1/4 mile...3 straight hours. When they feel an area will get that..you get a blizzard warning. A lot of Conn is under that.

7. jaywayne12

Jon, Im not going to bring it up bud but Im sorry I never discussed this with you..had no idea bud. Happy things are getting much better there..very happy

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

JAY I am getting that warm fuzzy feeling----I know you are typing ALOT and reading alot,,,,short answer is ok,,,,when u say North Jersey could get double the amounts might that be NW NJ / Rockland / ME !!!!!! ?

9. jaywayne12

lol..ok..I should be careful here CBG...First off I said near double. But I knew that would raise your eyebrow.

Heres it a nutshell. We all pretty much know that when they say 2 inches of rain equals 20 inches of snow. Now many areas in north jersey show 2 inches of liquid precip but the general consensus is 10-15" of snow. So something is missing. Is it because we get some rain in the beginning..or that much snow rarely falls here.

I do believe north of the NJ/NY border could double predictions is some locations.

What are they calling for here? 10-15 right? Well I just read that Lee Goldberg? just upped his numbers for NJ from 8-12 to 12-18. So, its starting to happen already.

You are in Morris County so thats always been near the cutoff point between great snows and incredible snows.

I really do believe you end up closer to 20 than 10. I want to say 20 but Im just not there yet..lol.

10. jaywayne12

The NAM model..which is a short range hi def American Model..and not a bad one at that...just gave North Jersey 40" of snow.

THATS NOT MY PREDICTION...LOL..NOT....but you understand why Im scratching my head and wondering about predictions out there for 10-15. I just see parts of NNJ getting much more than predicted.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

fucking phasing man

12. jaywayne12

If you live in Conn,NYC, L.I. North Jersey...even Eastern PA...I would get all of your stuff in order...batteries..gas...generator etc.

Lets just leave it at that right now. These models...it really cant be Im sure. I would just be ready for a couple days of nothing. It is possible and trust me..Im rooting to be at least a little wrong.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Is this shit starting early or not? I've heard 6am, noon, and 5pm.

What is it??? Lol.

14. jaywayne12

hah! GG..I found the word that gets under your skin bud.

Next year..when the Jets lose their first 3 games..Im just going to say the team isnt phasing....at all. That should do you in.

15. jaywayne12

All of those times are right but for wrong reasons...6 am is around the start of the light precip...noon is when things begin to get a little interesting..and 5pm is when all hell breaks loose until 4 am..and then continues a bit lighter after that.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Thanks for the clarification jay

17. Drew

Drew Active Member

...I can only imagine. If Jay is completely perplexed.. it has to be BAD.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay I am not in Morris ,,I am in Rockland but I am living these crazy snow totals :beer:

19. jaywayne12

Oh MAN....sorry CBG...How did I mix that up? Ok..you are in PRIME location bud..prime.

20. jaywayne12

anytime gq.