Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay thanks for all that info,,,,,,,nice job breaking all that stuff down :beer:
    Now guys like US just have to hope that all this comes to be ! I look forward to today's updates to see what the latest models have to say !

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, hopefully we'll get a few inches out of this as the locals here are calling for a rain/snow mix changing back to all snow on the back end with the possibility of significant accumulation. Looks like another miss for the Lower Susquehanna Valley.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay

I read your posts to my kids this morning at the breakfast table and they shed tears of joy. Our flight is taking off at 12:30 pm on Friday. So I am almost certain we will be cancelled from what you are saying. Man oh man.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

ANyone else think Jay is out of his mind with his 2 feet predictions?

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Ok I checked out the Saudi model....and boy are things trending and phasing all over the place!!!! Before I get to excited, I have to see the Nigerian model. HOWEVER.....if everything stirs up the coast like I htink it will, we may be looking at 19-26 feet of snow for NYC, 40 feet for PA except for where Cman lives-----he's just getting rain.

The snow should start Friday morning and last until Wednesday.Good luck fuckers

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The local weather people in Boston are getting excited. Saying a blizzard is hitting us late Friday into Saturday.

7. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Jay, what can I expect as far as the lower Hudson Valley region, around Newburgh NY? Is the storm a direct hit for my area??

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys...read all your posts but a bit crazy this morning...everything seems a go and a lot will be told with the GFS model at 1030 and its the last REAL holdout. Does it move to the Euro? if so..its 75% LOCK.

JONNNNN....I LOST IT...LOST IT.

9. jaywayne12

Very possible..all of these things will be written in stone..or lets say a hard mud by tonite.

10. jaywayne12

Brook..not to spoil the party..very possible..but a later start and the hardest coming in the evening may squeeze some flights back here...just a good chance.

Hey..leave it alone..let the kids think that until we nail it down..go nuts!! It is very possible anyway.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hahaha.....good stuff jd

12. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Hahaha, from the local weather guy...

[​IMG]

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

fake forecast?

14. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I think it was real, it was just an extreme outlier model.

15. jaywayne12

lol..it was real. And you are correct...but is it really extreme?

Lets put it this way..you have models showing close to 40 inches of snow..you have one model showing 4.92 liquid precip for boston..do the math...4.92 x 10 for snow..49.2 inches?

Now...is that going to happen..I would think not.

There are many and I mean MANY things that do not add up here but the models are all agreeing so this storm will do things no other storm has every done.

For instance..when you get number like the numbers we are talking about....blocking comes into play to stall the storm to create numbers like that...there is no blocking really..its a pretty fast mover.

So how do you get numbers like that? You get them with a part of the storm that will throw out 2...3...4 inches an hour for some locations.

Im guessing...guessing....that Friday evening some will see snow fall harder than they have ever seen before for about a 4 hour span...perhaps 6 hour span.

Because this storm is doing what millions of storms have done..its phasing two Jet streams. It doesnt even have a huge cold air mass to the north. Its a rare bird that comes along every decade or so.

THATS IF IT PHASES.

DONT GET ME STARTED on the number of phasing storms that phased in the wrong spot.

I can remembrer 5 years ago where we were told a phase would take place over NC/SC border and NYC METRO would get 12-18..and Boston would get 4-8.

Well it phased south of LI and we received flurries and Boston received over 2 feet of snow.

Lets see if the EURO at 1pm shows the same thing...because if it does..Im all in.

16. jaywayne12

lololo..I just looked at that pic again..didnt see the 77 inches in the middle..lol..doubt it..but one day it will happen..this storm? Nah...?

17. jaywayne12

Not cman..not yet. Lets see what the EURO does at 1pm..all you need is one more TREND.

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

everybody knows it's all about the phasing man

19. jaywayne12

lol..you sense my frustration GG? LOL...nice pick up. Phase this...phase that. Im just covering my ass when JONNNY comes on saying he has only 2 inches..which will all know is a major exaggeration anyway.

20. jaywayne12

While some models show nyc getting this or that...Boston has been in the bullseye for almost 5 straight days with not one model showing less than 2 feet..not one model.

Boston is the safest bet of all..and you know what that means DF? nothing bud..not yet.