Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

43. Up to 10 yards. Great.

He put it up like 450 times, and fwiw...you still misunderstand the basic premise.

Outside the numbers, an 8 yard pass, is an 8 yard pass. But it's a lower percentage play....And that was the biggest complaint about ole noodle arm, under Schotty. He routinely sent it back the other way.

#561 Hobbes3259, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

How can you say our teams were similar? Our defense under Rex in 09 was much better than manginas 08 version with the same personel! Our defense being led by a defensive wiz rather than an inept belichick wanna be, elevated our team to new heights! If the 08 Farve offense was paired with the 09 defense we may have won a Super Bowl! But we had nacho and his ineptitude held us back in both playoff runs! It's not me who is proven wrong. Sancho's only good game in 09 playoffs was the Cinncinati game. SD he sucked, and in Indy he sucked. In 10 he contributed in a positive way, but he was limited and our team relied on the run and defense and went almost as far as they could have if not for a very costly fumble in Pitt! It's not me who has it all wrong! He'll take a poll of the entire jets nation, ask them about what we have talked about, would you admit it then? Not you, even when someone shows it to you you still say otherwise. Denial that's where you are

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Like you are, I'm also stoked about MM. But, with a new OC comes a new set of excuses for Sanchez. I can hear it now: "It's only Sanchez's first year in the system, he has to learn and adjust, it's unfair to evaluate him so soon" yaddayaddayadda.

I understand circumstance is a vast variable; but, at this point, my eyes tell me what I need to know about Sanchez -- circumstance and all.

4. Hobbes3259

I think MM will go back and look at the tapes and see what he does and doesn't do well.

And there's no question that he's a better play caller than the first two OCs.

5. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

LOL...They're 2 peas in a pod:beer:

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yes, eli had receiver issues that year. guys were hurt and he didnt have really high quality backups. steve smith only played 9 games, they were led by a rookie wide receiver and had injuries on the line as well. he still played as well as sanchez if not better and has led his team to 2 superbowls.

schaub led his team but lets remember this was a team taht had NEVER made the playoffs so it was a work in progress and he has led them there now. definitely not a top notch qb but better statistically and with the eye test than sanchez.

matt ryan played head and shoulders above sanchez. his team has had trouble overcoming the post season issues, at no fault of his own. he had no defense to help him.

so while you say 8 i say 15 and that was at his peak.

i would really be interested if you could find the amount of plays against 7 in the box or 6 in the box vs. 8 in teh box. that would be a very telling piece of information. i cant find it but i have to assume that there is someone out there who tracked it.

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Only 43 because the coaches said "Man, this guys SUCKS on his short throw accuracy".

Tell me more about how I missed the point when the guy can't put a slant on the numbers.

Please tell me more about how Sanchez needs more "easy throws" when his numbers are below such greats like Weeden, Henne and Cassel

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We've all seen both sides of Mark Sanchez from his first game as an NFL QB against the Texans throwing for more consecutive first downs than any QB in the history of the NFL to tongue punching Moore's fart box.

We also feel there's at least a 50/50 chance he'll be under center again in 2013.

So hang us for hoping we get the young gun Sanchez who was the first rookie QB with a rookie HC to take his team to the AFCCG.

He did it once, maybe he can do it again. No wait, he did it twice. My bad!

9. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

He's definitely trolling you guys.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

my stance is that he was never a young gun. he was a coddled protected qb who was told what color the play was because he couldnt make even close to decent decisions.

his second year he was also completely dependent on a very good running attack and defense. he was not asked to go out there and throw the team to wins. he was asked to hand the ball off and run play action.

when they finally DID ask him to be a real nfl qb in 2011 he failed, he failed miserably and everyone said oh well its cause schotty sucks, get him out of here and we will win 3 more games just by subtraction. then last year happened and it was one of the worst qb seasons i have ever seen in my life. including gems by kellen clemens, neil odonnell, browning nagle and many others.

so some guys may look back at him as a young gun but i dont see it that way, either in watching the games or looking at him statistically.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

NFL QB's need to be able to complete passes outside the numbers on a regular basis. Stop using that as an excuse for Sanchez sucking, unless your premise is that he's not an NFL QB, in which case most everyone will agree.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I think you're completely off the deep end.
    No sane NFL employee would let his job and future rest on the right arm, and the head of Mark Sanchez. Would never happen ... except maybe at gunpoint.

13. Hobbes3259

Of course they do. The question is how the OC opens those routes up.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Those of you who refuse to reside on planet earth, really need to listen to this over and over again. Everything they say is 100% dead on and really expresses the frustration and feelings of 99% of this fan base.

In fact ... If anyone ever starts to get an inkling of a feeling that Sanchez can actually play at a professional level, they should listen to this and be reminded of just how bad he is.

Not just plain bad ... but off-the-charts incompetent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5gC3pAysG8

EDIT: And for the record, notice how they don't give the D, the weapons, or the coaching staff a pass ... but they also don't use those things as an excuse for Sanchez's complete ineptness as a QB.

#574 truthbtold, Feb 5, 2013
  15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

"Mark's issue is that he misses a lot of gimme throws, especially against zone coverage," said ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer, a former quarterback.

Now, to use your favored line of thinking:

Tell me why you know more than Trent Dilfer, a guy who has been very positive about Sanchez in the past?

Stop lying, stop trolling

#575 BeastBeach, Feb 5, 2013
  16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

WARNING, this thread is about to get out of hand by some. Stay on topic and ZERO personal shit.

If you disagree with someone, no attacks. If you can't support your POV and just move along, continued nonsense to try to encite others is trolling.

Thanks!!!

17. Hobbes3259

Nice use of selective quoting.

Dilfer goes on to say, that part of the issue is that when a team is depending on the run, the QB gets limited practice reps....
    A green QB, limited reps = mishandled.

#577 Hobbes3259, Feb 5, 2013
  18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

To Hobbes and or/nyjunc. Do you think Sanchez has the necessary leadership qualities to be a quarterback we can count on?

I ask because with the elite QBs, we see a certain calm demeanor, even in the face of pressure that calms the team does. With Sanchez, it seems as though everytime we got behind this year, he started trying to force things and it started snowballing. I never saw him once (since 2010, when I started watching) him really take command of a bad situation through leadership and try to stage a comeback.

19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think that since this is a year, given his cap # , that Sanchez will be on the team, anyway, surround him with the most talent we can afford and let the chips fall where they may.
    We need a serious overhauling of the offense, anyway, just give him the best supporting cast our little $ can buy.

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

So you're telling me that Sanchez' biggest issue in his SHORT passing accuracy on GIMME throws is due to lack of practice reps?

They are called "gimme" throws for a reason.

Somehow I don't think those are what Dilfer was referring to when he was talking about practice reps. And really, if he can't make those gimme throws after 4 years then I pray to god he is still the starter next year.