Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The O scored 17 pts from the final min of the 2nd qtr through until 3 mins were left in the 4th. The Jets only had it for 25 mins and scored 17 pts, maybe if the D could have got off the field we'd have scored more and won?

I don't accept it b/c it's not true, did they fail? ultimately the team failed but the O outperformed the D and gave us a chance to win.

For now? absolutely but he'll start again someday and if in the right situation he'll succeed again. I hope it is here but if not I hope he wins a SB w/ another team then we'll all whine we should have kept him.

2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

im sorry for using a phone to post, but thanks for being a grammar teacher in the face of adversity! Farve didn't play with nachos team, or coaches. Wtf are you talking about? You never reply to anything that shows you the truth, you duck it by resorting to issues of font, style, or the speed at which I type. So trivial of you but typical!

3. nyjunc

I was joking about the text, it is tough to read though and now I see you are deflecting again. It's what you do.

Favre played w/ similar talent in a year w/o Brady for a coahcing staff that had led us to the playoffs before and he we still couldn't even get to the playoffs.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Why couldn't the O score in the first half? It was a 60 min game.
    Why did they punt several times in the second half? Why did they fail to score on 4 straight plays at the goal line? They had more than the 3 possessions they scored on to work with.

The O scored 17 pts against a prevent D, while giving up 7.
    That is a epic FAIL by any measure (except yours)

#544 BacktoQueens, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  5. nyjunc

The O scored 3 pts in the first half but barely had the ball b/c Pitt was running it down our throats.

Pitt's D is pretty good, to come back on them from 17-0 on the road is a pretty difficult thing to do.

I was in that Stadium, the entrie building was nervous after we got it down to 5 but they shouldn't have been facing our D as for the first time since the first half the Steeler O needed to move the ball and they did.

We lost the game in all phases but the unit most responsible was our D.

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Just outta curiosity, what's your definition of "the right situation" for Sanchez in which you're so sure "he'll succeed again"?

I wish I had a log of your posts from years ago, because I'd bet dollars-to-donuts that you predicted the same thing about us fans lamenting Chad winning elsewhere. Maybe you didn't, but you probably did. Just sayin.

#546 The Uniform Bomber, Feb 5, 2013
  7. tbruner12

the d out played the Sancho led o so many times it isn't funny! Sancho caused us to lose and your only argument is the d didn't give him a "chance" in the end! Ha ha ha! What a joke! He gave away the winning score doing what he does best, turning it over!
    I hope he goes to another team too, and when he is buried on the depth chart, or further into the future out of the league, we are all gonna laugh at your game changing Qb and your silly opinion of him! Get ready for all the I told you so's, they will rain down on you from all the people you claim to be so much more knowledgable about football than!

8. nyjunc

He's need talent around him, when he had talent he succeeded but as the talent has eroded the last 2 years he has gotten worse and worse.

We won 5 or 6 games on last possessions or late possession in games when the pass O resuced the faltering D in 2010. There was aconfidence level late in games that our O could pull it out- does that mean we would have won? of course not but it was a failure of the D to not even get our O a possession w/ the ball w/ a chance to win.

We are all wrong sometimes, it's rarer for someone like me than someone like you but if I'm wrong life will go on.

9. tbruner12

I never deflect! Ever! If I'm wrong and proved that way, crow I will eat!
    Farve played under a totally different defensive team. Mangina sucked at defense, where as Rex thrives in it. Any top 10 Qb in 09/10 would have got us over the mark Sanchez hump! Did I miss something?

10. nyjunc

Chad took a 1 win team and led them to 11 wins and a division title the next year, the division title we should have won and despite inferiror talent around him they won 2 mroe games than us and a div title.

The reason Chad isn't in the league anymore is b/c of health, if he was durable he'd still be a Jet.

11. nyjunc

You are constantly proven wrong.

The team was different but the talent was simialr and mangini had coached us to the playoffs 2 years earlier. We didn't have Brady to worry about and we had one of the easiest scheds in the history of the league yet still couldn't even get to postseason.

we could have had a "better" QB in 2009 or 2010 but would they have played as well in postseason? not likely. mark was a big reason we won 4 playoff games.

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

ahhhhhhhh first time i've seen you admit the offense was in part responsible for the loss.

I disagree that the D, who let up only net 15 pts, was the most culpable. But i'll take that for now..:beer:

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Otoh I was not a big fan of ole Noodle arm, but to answer your first question, I think MM is the right situation to find out what we have here.

Both Schotty and At times Sparano asked him to throw too often down the field and outside the numbers which are generally low percentage plays....

Im fairly certain MM will give him more throws to get his comp % where it should be like he did with Vick.

Now two games out of 16 is a crappy sample size, but he was very good in weeks 1 and 10.

If they gothat performance out him weekly, they win north of 11

14. nyjunc

I've said it before, it can get lost as the diascussion kind of goes off course.

I wish the O and the D played well that, then we'd at least have a conf title. It was a long drive home from Pittsburgh.

15. tbruner12

go back and look at the play by plays from all 5 or 6 games you are trying to defend him with! Look at the whole game, every play. How did you come to him leading us back again?
    In the Pitt 10 game you can't overcome the dagger, that was our demise! Nacho gave the game away, while the d didn't give taco a chance to redeem himself! Truth hurt don't it junc? Say I'm wrong all you want, but I'm not the one with a biased opinion, that is you! Proof is in the pudding, but you just keep chipping away at the stone. Maybe you will get more than 5 people total to believe nacho is what you say he is.

16. tbruner12

both schotty and sparano did what? Not hardly son, not hardly! You need to take a look you are way off here

17. Hobbes3259

But even then, at the end of Chads tenure saddling him with Schotty...bad move.

Favre would have been better had A he didn't get injured , or B it was better managed (like the Seattle game)

18. Hobbes3259

I watch, and rewatch, and rewatch every game

The biggest problem with Scotty was the couldn't get the ball out of Nachos hands in under 4 seconds.

Sparano vacillated between the two. Week 10 in St Lou's, they only had to put it up 20 times, but he called quick hitters, and he went 15/20.

Week one he threw it all over the field.

#558 Hobbes3259, Feb 5, 2013
  19. tbruner12

I do envy you in that you were there, it's fun being the antagonist when surrounded by opposition! I'm a huge Duke basketball fan, and in 02 I was surrounded by Indiana fans during the NCAA tournament. Even though my team lost that day, I sold my tickets for much more than I paid! It wasn't what me and the family wanted, but it was good to get paid to watch Duke play for once!

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I have refuted this multiple times and magically you vanish when I produce Sanchez' numbers when throwing behind the line of scrimmage.

Hint: They are piss poor even compared to scrubs

#560 BeastBeach, Feb 5, 2013