Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

How did the Jets score with 3 mins left? The D generated a Safety, giving the O the ball again, after they failed to get into the endzone on 4 straight plays.
    The D didn't play it's best game, and missed a ton of tackles that game.
    The O scored net 10 points. Combine that, and that is why the Jets lost.
    You take no accountability for the offensive shortcomings. they scored net 10 pts! that is enough for a L alone.

They prevented a score, while intercepting a pass, and giving the ball back to our offense. Sure sounds like a turnover to me.

Or if Sanchez doesn't turn it over league high 28 times in '11, maybe we make the playoffs. But right, you won't take accountability for offensive shortcomings.

Whenever you see a dramatic difference between yds allowed, and points allowed per game, i guarantee you its a sign that O and ST are not living up to their end of the bargain.
    Pick 6'ers, Turnovers, 3 and outs, return TD's, poor net punt avg, or poor net kickoff avg are the reasons.
    If you knew football like you claim, you would know this.

2. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

i think its been well established that he doesnt

3. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Could you please tell us who are "Those that know the game "?

let me guess...you and hobbes?

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the D did a great job to get a fumbled snap. what a job the D!

the O scored 10 net and the D allowed 15 net.

You are getting bogged down w/ nonsense. The D set the tone for the game w/ the 9 min TD drive by Pitt, the D allowed us to fall behind 17-0, the D then had a chance to give the ball back to the O w/ a chance to win and FAILED.

Nowhere did I say mark or the O didn't deserve blame but if the D was as good as you say we easily make the playoffs. Mark didn't cost us many games, the D did.

You can hide behind rankings all you want but we know those #s were skewed by a couple of great games against bad Os(like jax and KC).

Our O cuts the oak lead down to a 1 score game in the 4th, the D then allows them to melt the clock and kick FG to extend to end game

Our O oulls w/in 6 at NE, D allows long FG drive to end it

Our O scores late in 1st half vs. NE to take lead, D allows NE to go 80 yds in a minute. O pulls w/in 7 in 4th, D allows long TD drive to push it back to 14

Up 7-3 vs. NYG w/ 3rd and 10 from NYG 1 D allows 99 yd TD pass to change game and season for both teams

But yeah it was all Mark Sanchez and the O.

I see you ignore the poor FP the D constantly puts the O in, I wonder why that is?

Stop relying on rankings and WATCH the games.

For a strong armed guy like Joe w/ his momentum going forward he can make that throw 9 times out of 10, he mised this 1 time and the WR bailed him out. It was a terribbly underthrown ball that he lucked out on. Sometimes you need to be lucky or have playmakers that can make up for your mistakes.

5. nyjunc

You aren't in the club so you wouldn't know.

there are a few in this thread that are coming at me, it's ok to disagree w/ me. That alone doesn't mean you don't know the game, it's the nonsese some posters post that proves that. There are some great posters coming at me in this thread but most are not.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Thank you for summarizing it so succinctly.
    D allowing net 15 pts, and generating 3 turnovers = Excellent!
    O scoring net 10 = Terrible!

Even tho the defensive stats were way better than avg for a playoff game, i agree they did not play a signature game. It was certainly a part of the reason they lost.

But net 10 offensive points is horrendous. i don't think any team has won a championship game ever with that. That is the point you are simply not accpeting, as it seems more convenient for you to assign blame elsewhere while arguing your support for Sanchez.
    i know you actually know better, but just enjoy making the contrary argument too much to admit it.

If nothing else, i avoiding some work today debating it...:beer:

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sanchez was never good. sanchez was babied and asked not to completely screw things up. and he nearly managed to do just that on a regular basis. so lets not talk about him being good "again" when he was never good to begin with.

you talked about his one more chance after last year. next year what will it be? his third more chance?

8. nyjunc

One TO was on downs
    the 2nd they allowed Pitt into NYJ territory before throwing a deep INT
    the 3rd Pitt fumbled a snap.

The D was trampled in the first half getting us down big, the D was most responsible for the loss.

you are hung up on net 10 which is meaningless, the D had the game in their hands and FAILED. Pitt got up big early, their O got conservative then our D started getting stops, once they had to move the ball again they did.

where have I said it was ALL on the D? it's never all on one unit or player but the bulk of the blame goes to the D for their failures that evening.

2012 NFC Championship game: kaeprnick's D holds down opponent to give him chance
    2012 SB: same thing

2012 AFC div rd: Flacco's D gets him one more shot

Not mark's D, they folded like they usually do in a big spot.

9. nyjunc

You don't win 4 road playoff games w/ poor QB play, you don't go to back to back title games winning 2 games each season w/ poor QB play. 1 year you could have a fluke and make a run but 2 years? where we beat the hottest team in the AFC on the road in the div rd each year- you need quality QB play to do that.

10. alleycat9

we have been disagreeing with you, at least i have for the past 4 years on this particular topic. it has proven itself out that i was correct and you were incorrect but instead of admitting it you want to debate it by turning things around, looking at them only from your point of view and twisting everything including your own words up over and over again. there is no debate here. there is banging your head against a wall and thats pretty much it.

who are these great posters that are coming at you in this thread, i would like to see how i am supposed to act in the face of junc. i dont see anyone debating you. its not possible to debate you. you cant debate with statements like 27th ranked but top 10 best.

11. nyjunc

Nothing has been proven, in 4 years he's had one bad year and it had as much to do w/ the talent around him as it did w/ him.

4 years in, 4 playoff wins, 2 title game apps. That's still good overall.

I can't change the average fan, most people judge based solely on rankings. I asked you guys to name 10-12 better QBs than Mark in 2010 and no one can do it. He had 4-5 late game comebacks which mean more than some silly fantasy ranking. He played big in big moments, It doesn't matter to me if a QB puts up great fantasy #s in garbage time but isn't helping his team win.

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

The dynamic duo

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Bottom line here...Junc is right.

14. alleycat9

you dont get stuck playing 6 road playoff games with good qb play.

you also realize that jake delhomme has 4 road playoff wins correct? how would you characterize him?

you cant fall back on a stat like THAT to claim that he is good. you have to actually watch the games.

id be interested to see how many times in 09 and 10 that he faced a 7 man front vs facing an 8 man front. im willing to bet it was over half the time that he faced 8 in the box. that is a far more telling story than he has to be good because he won 4 road playoff games.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I had a ton of faith in Sanchez and thought we finally found the franchise QB that we desperately sought, especially after those two Playoff runs.

But just use your damn eyes; Sanchez is shot. And maybe he never really had any franchise-QB in him after all. Success from years past isn't something that should be clung to.

Rex Grossman took his team to the SB in his fourth season (and he was throwing to the electric corps of Bernard Berrian/Mushin Muhammad/Desmond Clark.) I didn't/don't see many teams clamoring for - or even considering - Grossman based on his ephemeral success.

16. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

dont worry. im sure he'll qualify it somehow by making it look like sanchez did the far superior job even though grossman actually got to the superbowl.

but sanchez was playing in a hurricane, against the greatest teams ever, on a bad knee while single handily carrying his team to victory while grossman played awful teams and was awful and played on a sunny day while sanchez had the sun in his eye going both ways. and chicagos defense and special teams were great while the jets sucked and sanchez is the only reason they got that far and blah blah blah. so even though grossman ACTUALLY got the super bowl, sanchez was the far superior qb becuase of all those reasons i just made up last night as i was lying in bed

something like that im sure

#516 Swampdonkey, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  17. nyjunc

We have Tom Brady in the division, no team is beating out NE over 16 games w/ Brady.

Delhomme had a good run in a much weaker NFC at the time and he was a pretty good QB for a few years but in his 3 playoff losses he threw 8 INTs, Sanchez in his 2 has 1 INT.

Sanchez was killing teams deep back then w/ Braylon. there's no way we were facing 8 in the box especially 2010 w/ our so so run game. Maybe in '09 that was somewhat true.

Rex made one postseason as a starter and won 2 home games, the #2 seed in the AFC in that year was 10-6. A little different than what we had to deal w/ in '09 & '10.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

It generally takes 3 years for a skill position player to fully develop. And that's after a lengthy college year.

Pete Carroll was right he prob shouldn't have come out, but that much green takes a little extra time.

19. alleycat9

im pretty sure that question was answered by like 8 different people. you just didnt agree with them.

here we go though...
    brady
    rodgers
    manning
    manning
    brees
    roethlisberger
    schaub
    ryan
    freeman
    rivers
    wasnt vick playing great in 2010? yeah vick
    flacco

we went through the late game comebacks and if you remember correctly he was given credit on a couple of them. however there were a few that he was directly responsible for putting the team in a position to have to make a late game comeback.

freeman and flacco are debatable, but so would collins, garrard, cassel, cutler and a couple others.. so lets not fool ourselves and think the guy is a top flight qb, he isnt. looking at statistics for a game dont mean anything, neither does looking at a drive in a game or a comeback win. however looking at statistics over a 4 year period show tendencies and marks tendency is to turn the ball over and not be accurate.

watching him for that same amount of time and not thinking about statistics i can say he does not command the team, he folds up like a cheap tent under even minimal pressure, he throws the ball inaccurately even when he completes the ball and he is not a threat to the defense. and that is why they dont respect the passing game and load up the box. they have been doing it for all 4 years and they will continue to do it until mark sanchez can prove he is an nfl qb. which i have no confidence he ever will.

if necessary i will provide you with instances, but i really dont feel like putting the effort into typing it.

but we have been through this 100 times so i dont even know why i bothered to type it all out again.... because you will come back with the same old, the stats dont matter, 4 road playoff wins, cleveland and detroit in 2010, no weapons, the defense wasnt perfect.... and we will be right back in the same place we were.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Holy butt-fumble batman! You arrived just in time! The riddler and the joker just deployed the logic ray and its about to shoot out over all of Gotham! quick, to the distortion mobile!