Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

He's more of a delusional Stan than anything else. He was the same way with Pennington, but he at least he had a modicum of a rational argument in that case . . . here his defense of Sanchez consists of getting owned repeatedly and then proceeding to respond with an unorganized rash of factoids and desperate rationalizations - basically anything and everything to avoid conceding the obvious. He probably has provided the rest of the board with 15-20 signature worthy quotes regarding Sanchez alone, since the season ended. His Sanchez related posts are nothing short of pure, unadulterated, comedic gold.

"27nth ranked but top ten best" - i mean, come on! . . . that's just classic.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that was the best one yet... it made my sig and i rarely change my sig.

i first remember it with herm edwards. it was incessant and he still to this day sticks up for herm. its actually a bit funny to see him talk about how great rex is in comparison to everyone before him when he was so adamant about how great herm was.

he would occasionally go missing for pieces of time and as soon as someone would bring up herm he was guaranteed to be there in a few hours. it was like he was notified if the name herm was spoken on tgg.

i never really got involved in the penny stuff or the schotty stuff. i saw pennys weaknesses but liked him and knew schottys shortcomings but realized he wasnt the only problem. so i tended to stay away from the back and forth on those topics.

then someone was talking about how he goes to the dolphins board and starts shit there about absurd argumentative stuff. its really crazy

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

He's got like 30k posts over there and bangs the drum for how underrated Jay Fiedler was

4. alleycat9

i actually went to finheaven for the first time in my life. how is the whole vip thing?

anyway on post 3 or 4 there was the name junc as the last poster in the thread...

i found it funny too that people over there say similar shit to what people over here say. one guy said about pat white, great now belichick will sign him and he will haunt us for the next 10 years....

it was kind of bizarre.

i guess junc must head on over there when tgg guys dont fill up his need for discussion and they must have a better group that doesnt 'take the majority viewpoint' and guys who 'like to dig deeper' as he does himself.

5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

How many times are you going to point to the underthrow? Meanwhile, you ignore all of the terrible throws Sanchez makes and you blame it on receivers. Incredible.

Guy has a great night, the other team makes adjustments in the 2nd half like they're supposed to, he underthrows ONE ball that turns into a touchdown anyway, and you are trying to trash him.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

On top of that, the Flac attack did make some really nice throws in the game. The TD pass to Boldin was a bullet threaded perfectly through two defenders, for example. To be honest I do think that Jones deserved to be SB mvp but I don't have a problem with it going to the Flacco. I really don't give a shit anyway don't think Ravens fans do either. For Christ sake the Mets won the WS and the mvp went to a guy on the other team! So see, this argument is kinda trivial.

(everytime I type flacco autocorrect tries to change it to flaccid, lol).

#466 74, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  7. The_Darksider

8. The_Darksider

Again with the IFs. He might've had 17 TDs if the Niners didn't tackle the receivers every other time they caught passes. He might have thrown 12 interceptions if only the Niner defenders had gotten to the ball first.

If my uncle had tits, he'd be my aunt.

If if if if if if if if if if if if if if. That's all you ever say.

9. The_Darksider

Consistency isn't your friend. You have REPEATEDLY said that stats don't matter. You have said hundreds of times that you don't look at stats, you don't worry about fantasy numbers like the rest of us ignoramuses do, you rely on what you see. You'd rather have a guy with 100 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs if he wins than guys putting up garbage time stats, blah blah blah blah blah.

10. jetiron

jetiron New Member

Flacco did well, but I thought MVP was Bouldin. He made acrobatic catches and an incredible safety net if Flacco was in trouble, all he had to do was throw it up high. Still they were decent throws aside from that one glaring under throw for TD, but the receivers IMHO did most of the work. Offensive line also gave Flacco a lot of time. I have to admit that I'm not really sold on Flacco as an elite QB. I think he is a good stand up QB with elite receivers. JMHO.

11. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

You are the the worst! It is has been brought to your attention both here and on finheaven many, many times. You really like to flatter yourself and try to belittle others...You have already been given the FH Spin Meister award for your nonsence and constant thread derailments.

You really need to learn how to watch the game...

12. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

They think he's a joke at fin heaven too. Not sure which site makes fun of him more. He has 30k posts and has probably said 5 different things the entire time. Some guys sig his more ridiculous stuff too.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Is the goal to allow less yards or less points?

I don't judge based on any 1 statistic but I'd ather give up a few more yards and few less points than the other way around.

He turned it over once.

Check the rsults from 2009-2010- our supposed "great" D folded numerous times including both title games.

and he has a better defenses and much more talent on O. when the talent was similar mark won 4 playoff games compared to 2 for Joe.

28 points isn't a high pt total? That's the high Joe led his Os' to this postseason in regulation.

Holmes did do that for us in 2010 and 2011 but in case you didn't hear he missed most of this season and Holmes is our #1, Jones is their 4th or 5th option.

The D had a chance to stop Pitt, they failed.

Maybe b/c we were never down 24-17? we were down 24-12 then 24-19, Pitt got the ball w/ 3 mins left and ran the clock out.

I guess you misread the boxscore?

The D already put us in a 17-0 hole before we could blink. The D blew that game.

Our O averaged over 20 PPG in 2011, our O was not bad like it was in 2012 yet our D was the worst it has been in the 4 years under Rex but I'm sure that was the QBs fault too.

I must have missed it when Bal allowed just 6 pts in the first half while we allowed 17 to start the game at Pitt.

Last I checked our O gave our D a double digit lead at Indy in the '09 title game.

2009:
    at Miami
    Jax
    Atl
    at Indy title game

2010:
    at Miami
    Minny
    at Cle
    Hou
    at Chi
    at Pitt title game

I think you are interpreting posts again.

who said Flacco didn't play really well this postseason? again READ what I post not what you think I post. I said Flaccp didn't deserve SB MVP, that has nothing to do w/ how well he playted throughout postseason.

Joe Flacco off his back foot could make that throw, his momentum was going forward, it was not a sdifficult throw. It is one he'd make much more often than not. he threw a terrible pass, his WR saved him- the real MVP.

14. nyjunc

You don't debate w/ me b/c you can't. i don't settle for the nonsense you spew like the average fan does. Spare us the lengthy post about why you are incapable of debating w/ me and move along if you don't like me.

It's always great to have fans, especially those that create new usernames.

I haven't talked about Jay Fielder in years and yes he was very underrated by a spoiled Miami fanbase.

What the average fan fails to realize is you can be a quality QB w/o putting up huge fantasy #s. The average fan needs to see 300+ yds, 2-3 TDs, etc... whether they make plays to win or not doesn't matter, it's all about the meaningless fantasy #s.

When Sanchez throws a poor ball I say so, I don't recall him ever having a WR more wide open down the field and underthrowing by 10 yds.

He didn't have a great night, he had a good night. The adjustment by Jones to turn a bad pass into a TD makes his night LOOK great b/c of the #s that everyone solely focuses on.

It's something the less knowledegable fan will throw out to say "Eli manning is a2 time SB MVP so he must be elite!" but anyone watching those games knows he didn't deserve either and that he and Flacco are not elite, they just had good postseason runs. A month ago Flacco was being run out of town and now he's "elite".

reading isn't your friend, I have never said stats don't matter, I say all the time stats tell part of the story.

It doesn't bother me that the dregs of TGG and finheaven don't like me. Just b/c you have strength in numbers doesn't mean you are right, anyone who knows and understands this game will tell you so you can feel good about yourself b/c you and some awful posters here and awful posters on finheaven try to gang up on me but you still lose.

is this another finheave poster w/ a new username so I don't know who he is? I love gutless posters.

We have bad posters there just like we do here, you are bad on both.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That was obviously Hill's fault for over-running his route by 10 yards.

:)

17. nyjunc

18. alleycat9

see this is why you are considered a fool.

hill was open by 20 yards in relation to the safety, whether he was behind him or outside of him is irrelevant. the fact is he was open by 20 yards and your boy the cheeseman pump faked himself out of his footwork and them lobbed up a ball with no pressure that allowed both the beaten cb and safety to come back over and make an easy interception.

but of course your stance will be its not hte same because hill wasnt behind the safety.

this is why you are looked at the way you are. this is why there is no respect for your thoughts or opinions.

19. nyjunc

you just have no idea what you are watching. Those that know the game respect my opinion and believe me LTJF respects my opinion.

20. alleycat9

on top of the fact that flacco threw it from the 40, his own 40 and jones caught it on the 10 or actually a bit inside of it.

meanwhile sanchez threw from his own 43 down to the 3. a 40 yard pass vs a 50 yard pass