Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

Baltimore with Sanchez never beats Denver. I mean with Sanchez they wouldn't make the playoffs to begin with but even so they don't beat Denver

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yeah, mark couldn't possibly beat a Peyton manning led team on the roa din the playoffs or a Brady led one either!

3. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

He could be carried to wins but he could never put a team on his back and carry it to a win out scoring a team putting up big points.

#423 Swampdonkey, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why are you comparing Flacco to Sanchez? Flacco is a Superbowl MVP. Sanchez blows.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I don't think NFL.com counts non offensive scores in that stat, but i could be wrong.
    If they do, then you have to discount the Jets D on Sanchez fumble 6 against Pitt.
    The PPG were similar either way, but the YPG were not even close.
    The Jets D generating greater than 1 turnover per game is very good, Balt did even better. Those turnovers are signicant, and was the saving grace considering the yardage they bled out. The D as a whole did not play better than the Jets. They were very comparable.

So Sanchez turning the ball over in the postseason had no effect on the game, but Balt's D generating turnovers did? Turnovers effect every game. You can't have that one both ways.

Flacco played better.. regular season, post season.

6. nyjunc

allowed 9 to Indy
    allowed 21 to Den(14 scored on STs)
    allowed 13 to NE
    allowed 29 to SF(2 scored on STs)

72 pts total, 18 per game.

The only TO that affected the outcome of a playoff game in any way was the fumble at Pitt which may or may not have been a fumble and he was blindsided quickly. W/ all that he got us back in the game but unlike Flacco's D at Den or kaepernick's D at Atl and yesterday Mark wasn't given a chance to win it b/c the D folded in a huge spot.

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

This.

I view it as volunteering to pick up litter in a park. If you ignore it, some nice people are gonna end up stepping in some nasty junc.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

nyjunc = raider jeaux?

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

see this is what i mean when i say i am not very eloquent. you said it perfectly.

10. nyjunc

Beast: you can either move along and discuss football w/ people that don't know the game like alley and blocker or you can pay attention and learn while having some fun discussions w/ posters like myself. I don't always post the popular opinion but that doesn't mean I am wrong. Don't make the wrong decision and turn into one of those awful posters.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

holy crap look at the spin on that thing!

first its about turnovers, now its about turnovers that affected the outcome of a playoff game in any way.... all turnovers affect the outcome of the game, nothing that happens after something else would have happened the same way if it werent for what had happened before it.

and THEN it may or may not have been a fumble and here comes the excuse but he was blindsided quickly.

and nobody was even talking about that or fault in that or anything like that.

he just finds it absolutely necessary to throw that little bit in there to absolve the cheeseman from any kind of responsibility.

i am scared for your children.

and bigblocker and i were not talking about posters, we were talking about only you junc only you.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I can also choose to ignore your false dichotomy

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I used to think Sanchez was an above average athletic, slightly undersized QB who had a reasonably decent arm with a relatively slow release.

Based on the new crop of QB's, Sanchez isn't particularly athletic, has below average size, below average arm strength and lacks the development to stand in the pocket and go through his progressions.

Looking at the current crop of relatively young NFL QB's who he came up a year of two before Sanchez up until the last draft class he can no longer be said to be in their class physically let alone mentally.

We are pretty much at square one on building a SB team unless we are about to build either the 2000 Ravens or the 85 Bears D and pair it with an absolutely beastly running game.

The Jets need a gifted young QB and a staff that can develop him. Sanchez ain't it and it's clear as day.

14. nyjunc

It is your loss.

you guys are 2 of the worst posters on the site, the fact that you are now teaming up is downright hysterical.

You know nothing about this game, that is demonstrated in your posts but you want to bash those of us that do understand it. i feel bad for you.

Was it clear as day 2 years ago? was it clear as day Flacco could win a SB 2 years ago? things change QUICKLY in this league, the biggest mistake most people make is the "what have you done for me lately" menatlity where now Flacco is elite, before the playoffs started he was being run out of town. The truth is somewhere in btw, same thing w/ Sanchez or Eli or any players/teams/coaches.

15. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Nacho could have played on either team yesterday, and it would be a given that team would lose! Nacho never led the jets to 4 playoff wins he was carried by the d and run game and history proves it! Flacco led his team because he is a real Qb, not some chump that people on this board try to play up because he is sexy to them! Give taco a new cast and crew, new o-coordinator, whatever, he will never play better than average, will never led, and will suck when the heat is on! He is a wuss, he is football stupid, inaccurate, and doesn't have the "it" that it takes to be an NFL Qb that can play above mediocrity! He is only on the team due to money! His skills would have him out the door, cause his play proved it from the beginning of his career until now! Oh but those handful of plays that give the nacho lovers a boner, what a pretty face, right fanboys?

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

To be clear the appropriate standard in such cases is not whether someone never posts anything reasonable. It is more a practical standard that there is not enough wheat compared to the chaff to make it worthwhile.

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Let me just ask you this junc:

Why is it that you think that a person who watches the games and understands what they are seeing could only come away with ONE conclusion?

That isn't true in ANY type of debate so why would it be true with something that is as far away from an exact science as it gets?

Do you honestly think in your mind that there is only one possible intellectually honest perspective and that you hold it?

I haven't watched ESPN analysis in over 3 months. I stay away from most media because they are usually reactionary and dishonest in that THEY haven't watched the games that they speak on.

I have those in the media that I trust and seek out their articles/analysis but I don't take it as gospel and if I happen to disagree I don't pretend that I'm right and they are wrong and claim they aren't watching the same things I am.

You come off like a pretentious know-it-all when you pretend there is only one perspective and that you hold the keys to it

It is cool to debate but it isn't cool to imply that others are idiots or are lying or are watching ESPN too much.

#437 BeastBeach, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  18. nyjunc

I don't think that but that is exactly what happens w/ the majority. they take the majority view from "experts" and run w/ it. I like to dig deeper.

There's not a debate b/c you guys want to take shots at me rather than attack my argument. Give me good material to counter my argument then i'll try to counter and so on. We'll have fun but you guys resort to childish name calling and all that nonsense b/c I don't agree w/ you.

I think you are a better poster than those others you are siding w/, I'd hate to lose a poster w/ potential to that crew and have you ruined.

19. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

The funny thing is that it isn't some guy who knows more than everyone else and let's you know it. It isn't some really smart guy who even though may be arrogant and annoying, still is recognized as being very knowledgable.

It's quite the contrary. It's probably the least knowledgable and least respected poster who just about everybody thinks is a hugely biased homer, but he actually thinks is the complete opposite. It's quite hilarious

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He's not dumb at all, that's how he got two guys in a row to personally attack him which is a bannable offense.