Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You're pretty much belittling a throw because it wasn't perfect. Yes, I will admit some of the throws he made seemed up for grab-ish. However, he puts them so that only his receivers will get them. And I NEVER saw a throw into double or triple coverage.

Yet you and one other person have the audacity to compare Sanchez to Flacco. Sanchez couldn't even hold his jock. I watched the game and I know what I was watching (your two favorite insults), and I can say that Sanchez would not have made it through the postseason without a turnover, and Sanchez most likely throws a couple of picks in the Superbowl (if he even makes it that far).

Flacco>>>>>>Sanchez.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

instead of slinking away after your awful example you come back w/ another bad joke. Either learn the game or post some funny jokes or else you are useless here.

3. nyjunc

Wasn't perfect? most throws aren't perfect, this was an AWFUL throw to a WR who was WIDE OPEN by 10 yards.

Sanchez has been great w/ ball security in postseason which is a reason we are 4-2 w/ him all on the road.

In 4 playoff games this postseason Bal's D forced 10 turnovers, in 6 postseason games Sanchez's D's have forced 8 but it's all Flacco.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

My mind=blown that you think it was an awful example

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You think Mark Sanchez is an average NFL QB?

You think it's normal to to never compete 58% of your passes and complete less than 55% in three of four seasons?
    You think it's normal to turn the ball over 50 times in two seasons?
    Yeah ... just a typical day at the office ... sometimes our team catches the ball, and sometimes the other team grabs it.
    That's just the way it goes in the NFL :lol:

The guy is the worst starting QB in the sport ... and it's not even close.
    If we had Joe Flacco this season there's no doubt we would have won at least 9 games and possibly 10.

6. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

Yep.........obvious to any rational thinker

7. nyjunc

The 2 examples are nothing alike.

Sanchez to Holmes on a 4th down that would have ended the game, scrambles then throws it up for his WR to make a play. ball hits Holmes in hands while he is being interfered with.

Flacco on 3rd down in 2nd qtr has WIDE OPEN WR streaking toward the EZ, badly underthrows him giving DB a chance to catch up and break up play. WR makes spectacular catch and run for TD.

other than both being long passes the 2 plays have nothing in common.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I can tell you've mastered your craft.

You even use passive voice when describing the "ball hitting Holmes in the hands" as if he was just strolling along and then Bam! the ball hit him in the hands.

Switch to active voice when it comes to "WR makes spectacular catch".

Sleight of hand. Kudos to you :beer:

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Since you are throwing out stats to support your argument:
    Balt D let up 428yd avg and 22pt avg this postseason
    The Jets in 09 let up 362 yd avg and 19pt avg
    The Jets in 10 let up 323 yd avg, and 20pt avg

There was no 'superior D' reason why Flacco was able to win a SB while Sanchez was not able to.
    Looking at regular season stats would only magnify this point.

10. nyjunc

The Bal D allowed 18 PPG this postseason

Our D allowed 19 PPG IN 2009 and 18 in 2010

again and combined in those 2 years our D forced 8 TOs, in this one postseason bal forced TEN inclduing scoring a TD. Bal's D has been better than ours in postseason.

11. nyjunc

was Holmes 10 yards behind the Denver DB? if the answer is no there's nothing left to discuss.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

junc is the guy who will go on teh baltimore board and tell them that flacco didnt get hit out of bounds. THEN turn around and go to the niners board and tell THEM that it wasnt interference in the endzone... THEN go back to the baltimore board and tell them it WAS interference.

he will wiggle and twist and turn everything and anything, there is always something else. he is the francessar of this board.

legler, i have no problem with him thinking that jones should be mvp, he has a case and it really doesnt matter anyway. this isnt about that though. this is about junc telling everyone how bad flacco is and how happy we should all be to have sanchez instead of flacco and then wanting to down play his accomplishments while still saying that sanchez is as good or better when that is blatantly not the case.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people bother with junc. He's an awful poster and should be ignored. Even though I have him on ignore, I unfortunately get to see far too many here tangling with him.

14. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Flacco was on the move on the Jones TD pass. He didnt have a chance to plant and throw...getting the ball 50 yards in the air was impressive. Sanchez cant make that throw.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Unless NFL.com is wrong, Balt let up 22ppg.
    and they let up 428 yds per game, over 100 yds more per game than the Jets in 10. Over 100 yds per game!
    The D was not superior to the Jets in 09 and 10, and nearly blew a 25pt lead yesterday (using your logic, as i think the D did their part).

Remind me again, how many turnovers did Flacco account for? That is a HUGE reason why Balt made this run and won the Super Bowl.

16. nyjunc

he had all the momentum behind him, it was just a bad throw.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am almost to that point.

i have actively tried to not bother with him over the past 6 months. but he keeps dragging me in. i am taking an active role in trying to get people to understand that he is a troll and posts nothing but absurdities.

18. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

On the move with pressure coming towards his throwing side is an impressive throw.

19. nyjunc

They include the 2 TDs their STs allowed and the safety. I am discussing only pts actually allowed by the defense. Can't blame the D for STs mistakes.

Sanchez only had 2 TOs per playoff year in 2009, we didn't lose or fail to win based on TOs.

Bal's D was vastly superior to ours b/c not only did they all similar PPG #s but they turned it over giving Flacco short fields and even scoring.

Flacco was a HUGE reason Bal made this run, he played great. He played better in this run than Sanchez in his 2 runs but again he had more talent and a better D too. Give Sanchez those weapons and that D and they still win big.

20. nyjunc

:lol: alleycat and big blocker discussing OTHER posters being bad:lol:

you may want to watch the play again. There was nothing impressive about that play from Flacco.