Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I see I missed the "in b4" by mere seconds. Argh. What ever will I do.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If the Jets drafted Flacco in 2008 and the Ravens drafted Sanchez in 2009, I think the franchises would be in the EXACT same spots right now, including Sanchez being a Super Bowl MVP.

3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This I can agree with.

Jones was the MVP hands down.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:
    thanks i needed a good chuckle this morn :lol::lol: still giggling :lol:

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i thought statistics didnt matter?

what is it? can you be at least a little consistent in your bullshit please.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

They are both average QB's except Flacco has a great coaching staff around him, a top defense with real playmakers and an offense with great weapons, plus far less distractions. In fact, only distractions in Baltimore take the light off of Flacco and put it on others to make it even easier for him.

Sanchez has bad coaches, terrible offensive playmakers, an average defense, and more distractions than I can even name.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think that people will jump the gun to argue with Junc regardless of what he says. Flacco not deserving the MVP over Jones is not some radical position. I'm sure there are Ravens fans that would agree with that.

8. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

That's not the outrageous part. What is to me, is saying Flacco "did very little" in the second half, while continuing to defend Sanchez to the death.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Beyond awful now? It would be funny to give you a random clip of QBs throwing the ball with the jersies darkened out. You would not be able to consistently rate throws good or bad because you let the # and jersey affect what you see.

Sanchez with these weapons, who knows. One extra turnover in the DEN game, BAL loses. One extra TO in the SB, BAL loses. Has Sanchez ever gone 4 games in a row without turning the ball over? Has Sanchez ever thrown 11 TDs over a 4 game stretch? Consistency is what is going to hold Sanchez back. He hasn't ever played consistent enough for stretches.

Well the BAL defense did give up 29 points yesterday, the Jets only did that or more once in the playoffs and we lost by 13 when we did it. And then the 35 given up to DEN, not sure Sanchez could overcome that.

Not really sure you could flip the two. I could agree Sanchez wouldn't look as bad as he has the last 1.5 years, but I don't see Sanchez being consistent enough to go on this stretch for the Ravens. I also don't see consistent enough Sanchez to get the Ravens the division or a home playoff game in the regular season. Sanchez has fundemental flaws. Maybe Harbaugh fixes thme, but that goes way past the talent argument and into coaching/development/etc which wasn't your point.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No shit Sherlock , where did you park the squad car?

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

He started by saying Flacco did "very little" and the Jones receiving TD was "all jones". Both incorrect. Because if Sanchez had the second half Flacco did, Sanchez would "have made plays to win the game" and the "whole game is important, not just one half". The most egrigious comment was "Flacco and Sanchez are the same except fro surroung talente"

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

holy shit, you were serious?

Flacco is a well above avg QB, while Sanchez is not starter material in this league. Countless turnovers, staring down WR's, inaccuracy, no awareness of the D, and bad decision making had nothing to do with 'weapons' like the incomparable Jacoby Jones and Dennis Pitta.

Flacco has also had to deal with a ton of criticism and distractions. He's handled it, as any QB has to. If Sanchez cannot (and he has not) he should not be a NY QB.
    And btw, the Jets D has been better than Balt's. even this year...look it up.
    a better team would make Sanchez better, but that doesn't excuse his horrendous play..
    Flacco didn't turn the ball over all postseason! Sanchez would never pull that off even with a HOF player at every position..

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I only just started to pay attention to this whole Junc against the board phenomenon.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I pretty much agree w/ you, maybe he wouldn't be SB MVP but I think they would have won. Heck, I think Bal would have at least made the SB in '09 or '10 if they had mark those years.

Reading isn't your friend, i have never said stats don't matter. I said stats tell part of the story, the stats part tells us he set/tied 3 SB records, the other part tells us his 2 TDs were the difference in the game.

Maybe very little is stretching it a bit but he didn't do a heck of a lot in the 2nd half leading Bal to just 6 pts.

You have us confised, I have nothing against Flacco. he made some great throws yesterday and throughout the playoffs but that particular throw was an awful one.

Mark threw 3 INts in 6 playoff games, Flacco has 8 in 13 games. Flacco has turned it over at a higher rate in postseason.

yes he's gone more than 4 games w/o a TO

Bal's O scored 28 pts yesterday, mark led us to 28 at NE. bal's O scored 28 in regulation at Den as well.

It happens all the time but thank you for noticing.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

nyjunc is delusional. Flacco went through a month and some change worth of games without a single interception. That is pretty damn hard to do, especially considering the great defenses they had. And he has the nerve to say Flacco wasn't instrumental in the team's wins...ridiculous.

AND he defends Saint Chez to death...?

16. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

If Sanchez had the 2nd half that Flacco had you know he would be giving Sanchez all the credit in the world. Kinda like the sd game where Sanchez did very little but he still argues how crucial and vital his play was. You can't have a serious convo with ultimate homers.

17. nyjunc

who said he wasn't instrumental in the ravens success? can you posts screen shots of what these discussions look like in your world?

18. nyjunc

Actually I give him proper credit, if he earns it I praise him but if not I bash unlike you guys who never gave him any credit and blame him for everything.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Somebody needs to drop the Willy Wonka meme in here. More! Tell me more about how Sanchez had to deal with 40 degree weather instead of 42 degrees like Flacco!

20. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Is there really a Sanchez vs Flacco discussion? Sanchez is the worst Starting QB in the NFL. PERIOD!! There are probably 10 backups who are better than him. This is incredible.