Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he threw a poor pass that a receiver adjusted and made into a TD, he led his O to 6 pts the 2nd half. He had a great start but cooled off quickly, Jones saved them.

Jones had 290 total yards and 2 TDs and set a record for the longest play in SB history.

2. nyjunc

No INTs, I'm not sure about fumbles. he had an outstanding postseason, if the MVP award was based on all of postseason I'd have no issues but based on yesterday's game he did not deserve it.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

junc i feel as though i have to start reporting your posts as trolling. you are just such a terrible poster it is amazing.

you put tremendous effort and time into crafting your arguments for no other reason than to annoy others. if someone told you the sky was blue you would say well not really its really green.

great job by the ravens team AND flacco. no matter how bad you want to say he isnt any good because its something you have used for years in your defense of hte worst qb in football... he still won a superbowl and not an afc divisional playoff championship.

if you can get ozzie newsome to trade flacco for sanchez i will put you on a pedestal and pray to you every day. i mean after all i am sure that ozzie realizes that if sanchez had those weapons he would have 2 or 3 superbowl wins.

tool.

#343 alleycat9, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

So what? He threw a bad pass, what's the big deal? QB's don't throw "perfect" passes every time. Jacoby made a great play, give him credit for such. You bring up that bad pass, but he had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more "good" throws throughout the game.

5. The 1985er

This offseason Idzik needs to swing deals for Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Rob Gronkowski, Tony Gonzalez, and Adrian Peterson. So that way Sanchez will finally have all the "weapons" he needs to be an effective QB.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

So he gets the Conn Smythe award :beer:
    Boldin also had a tremendous post season. He really elevated his game.

7. alleycat9

i mean seriously, what the hell is this guys issue?

and while it may have been underthrown it was still read properly and he got the ball out so the receiver could make the play.

the cheeseman would have thrown the check down to the other team and not even have seen his guy running wide open.

im so terribly close to just putting him on ignore, but i feel it would be a disservice to other posters who are newer to the board to not remind him he is an delussional every now and again.

8. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Jones had two plays all game. Flacco played well all game including the game sealing 3rd down conversion.

He also had to deal with not being on the field for over 80 minutes real time.

9. nyjunc

he had a WR 10 yards behind the D, the throw was so bad it was almost incomplete. luckily Jones has returned punts so he could catch that ball. QBs do have bad passes sometimes but why shoulda guy be rewarded for such an awful one and why shouldn't the WR be rewarded for making suhc an amazing play?

Again, he had a good game overall but did not deserve the MVP.

Coming from one of the worst posters on the board I don't care what you say.

Those that understand the game know and those like you don't get it.

He wouldn't trade Flacco for Sanchez just like 2 years ago the Jets wouldn't have traded Sanchez for Flacco. Flacco has immense weapons that Sanchez has never had but I guess just like Eli and his undeserved SB MVP awards Joe is now elite?

That's where I differ from average fans like you, i don't sway in the wind, I don't allow "experts" to tell me how to think. Flacco had an oustanding postseason and deserves all the credit in the world for it but he's not all of a sudden elite b/c of it.

10. nyjunc

The 2 plays that were the difference in the game, he accounted for more yardage than Joe did through the air and was responsible for one of Joe's TDs. Jones was the difference in that game.

11. The 1985er

He would have thrown at least 2 or 3 INT's if he were the QB instead of Flacco. I seen Flacco make throws that Sanchez couldn't even dream of making.

12. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

So the TD pass to Pitta and Boldin dont count?

The drive to seal the game didnt count? Flacco was very good yesterday and absolutely earned the MVP.

He's a very good QB who's arm strength and ability to throw the ball down the field makes guys better.

13. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

The pass to Pitta in the first quarter against his body was scary good. Sanchez cant make that throw to his strong side.

14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Junc,

Do you put a great emphasis on what half the player plays well in? If Flacco's first and second halves were reversed, would that change your mind?

15. The 1985er

Yeah but it was ONE bad pass, and didn't Jones drop an easier reception in that same game? So by that logic, Jones dropped a pass so he shouldn't even be considered for the MVP.

16. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

I may hate Flacco but give him credit. The Jones TD was under thrown but if it wasn't it isn't complete. If thrown by Sanchez it would've been picked. The 3rd and 1 that play isn't complete with a crazy catch by boldin he deserves the credit. How many times did Flacco keep a play alive by scrambling? Put mark in those situations it's the opposite outcome. Maybe it goes to show how much we ALSO need big physical receivers that attack the ball like Boldin and Smith

17. nyjunc

They do count, both excellent throws. he had a great start to the game but he didn't finish strong while Jones was single handedly responsible for more yards than Joe and he scored 2 TDs.

I am not knocking Joe, he had a great postseason. he just didn't deserve the SB MVP award.

Probably.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think people are forgetting Flacco made that throw on the move while in the pocket to Jones. He was pressured enough that he couldn't step up, he threw it while running forward and gave his WR an easy catch.

I thought his most impressive throw was to Boldin on that 3rd and long where he scrambled right, past two defenders, and threw a beautiful ball that he let Boldin run under and make a play on.

19. alleycat9

i am a terrible poster, i realize that. i dont do research on a football team i have nothing to do with. i dont have a way with words either. but i do understand football and i understand people like you.

your arguments are not sound, they are like arguing with mike francesser and they show you have absolutely no idea what you are watching every sunday when you watch the games.

be more of a fan and less of a fanatic.

i dont even care what the experts think. i dont base my opinion on them.

if sanchez would be so great with those weapons then newsome would be a fool to not trade for him. after all he threw a bad pass yesterday and mark sanchez would have done better. thats your entire point in this thread. thats the ONLY reason you are even here talking about joe flacco

20. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Couldn't I say that Sanchez has been extremely inconsistent in the playoffs? In 6 career games, he has three halves where the team did not score at all and one where they only scored 3 points?