Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

why? b/c I don't see the game like the average fan who beloeves everything "experts" tell them?

Someone break down the game and why Flacco was deserving of the MVP award?

2. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Who should have won MVP?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No one is saying it was the greatest game ever from a QB, that's your ridiculous strawman argument. You are saying he "did very little", now you're saying he had a good game. You're making progress.

He led his team to 27 points against one of the strongest defenses in the league on the biggest stage. The Ravens are the champions, in large part because of Flacco's performance.

Stop trying to downgrade the champ. Sanchez blows - I know because I actually WATCH the games.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's obvious you didn't watch that football game objectively. You were going to make this opinion today no matter what happened last night. Flacco could've thrown three TDs and almost single handedly won that football game for his team and you'd make this argument - oh wait, that's what DID happen.

Even late in the game he played well. He calmly takes control to give his rattled team a FG to extend the lead.. He makes an audible - and throws a beautiful pass to Boldin for a clutch 1st down on 3rd down. He THREW him open. If Mark Sanchez had done that you'd be talking it up for years and years.

Flacco is a major reason why those "weapons" are as good as they are. They have a QB that gets them the ball. Jacoby Fucking Jones are you kidding me? If he plays for the Jets, he be lumped into your list of excuses why Sanchez struggled. Since when is Bernard Pierce a "big time RB"? Ray Rice is, but he struggled last night - luckily he had a QB that stepped it up for him. Since when are Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson considered "excellent'?

Baltimore's OL isn't outstanding either - they are a rag tag bunch thrown together into multiple combinations this season and retooled half way through the year. With Mark Sanchez that would've been a fucking disaster endeavor. Flacco had time last night because he did a great job moving around in the pocket creating time. He has a great presence back there, an awareness many levels above Sanchez. Sanchez doesn't shift around smoothly back there like a Joe Flacco - he stands in the same place with happy feet and can be quite oblivious to what's around him. Baltimore's OL struggled in run blocking last night and while they played well in pass blocking maybe it wouldn't have looked so with a QB that had less awareness.

The lights going off hurt Baltimore's momentum and their defense struggled to stop the 49ers... Ray Rice fumbles.. the team was reeling. Their QB was the clutch calming influence they needed to close out that game. He made the plays his team needed and didn't get rattled. Mark Sanchez is a turnover machine.. Not a fucking chance he isn't rattled in that situation and doesn't give the ball back to the 49ers.

and finally, there HAS been times when Sanchez has had recievers open down field with nobody within 10 yards of him - Sanchez just hasn't seen them. Watch the all 22 game film sometime and you will go MAD seeing the opportunities he "misses" out there.

#324 BrowningNagle, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Besides Flacco the only other player that deserved it was Boldin.

6. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

How many posters here (TGG) do you consider just "average Fans"?

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm fairly certain that's everyone except nyjunc - who in his mind is the only one who watches the game and truly understands it.

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Flacco sucked this year when his online was struggling when it got retooled and gave him sometime Flacco shined.

That third down play was only good because it worked. No other receiver in the NFL Makes that catch. If Boldin does not make that play Flacco is the goat.

I have always liked Flacco but if he is in NY with NY weapons we are talking about him like Sanchez.

My point is Qb is not the only problem with the Jets offense not even top three.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Jacoby Jones deserves a nomination.

10. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

The throw he made after calling an audible to a throw on 3rd and 1 was enough in the 2nd half. Great catch but a great throw.

No question the Ravens have more talent on offense. They have a great line, one of the best RB's in the game, and receivers and tight ends who compliment each other. They also have a more talented QB who does a great job of hitting guys in stride (Jacoby Jones TD aside).

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'll give Flacco credit for the hootspa to audible to the play on a crucial 3rd and 1 but that not the throw. At no point was Boldin open on that play. He's still not open now a day later. The most impressive thing about that play was not the throw but the catch. The DB had his arm between Boldin's arm swiping downward towards the ball and still could not knock it out off Boldin Herculean hands.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The hitting the guys in stride argument is almost a fallacy about a Qbs accuracy. Hitting a guy stride involves to many factors. Did the receiver run his route properly where was the lb safety et how much time did the QB have.

The impressive accuracy throws are the back shoulder throws Flacco was making.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

And this is coming from the same guy who constantly wants to remind us how vital Mark Sanchez was to those Jet postseason wins. Why don't you compare what Flacco did last night to every game Sanchez had in the postseason. But Flacco is the guy who "did very little"??
    REALLY?? :lol:

You certainly are comical.

14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

There's no way you can have a stat for it and there are a lot of times where it makes more sense to throw a ball low because of an incoming defender or to throw back shoulder, etc. But the bottom line is I think Flacco does a great job of making the, we'll call it correct throw. It was obvious yesterday as talented as Kaepernick is he'll be even better when he learns when to unleash a ball and when to put touch on it. That's something Flacco has gotten a lot better at and something Sanchez might have read about in a book on playing QB somewhere.

15. The 1985er

that's true but flacco and boldin were more deserving.

16. nyjunc

Jacoby Jones and it's not close.

I said he did very little after the hot start and yes he led them to 28 pts(that D was torn apart all postseason) but 7 came from a great effort by jacoby Jones on an awful throw by Flacco.

The Ravens are the cmaps b/c of Jacoby Jones though Flacco had an outstanding postseason.

This isn't about Sanchez but if he had that talent he'd win too.

I am still waiting for one of you guys to make a case for Flacco for MVP?

17. nyjunc

No they weren't and it's not close. Jones was the difference maker in the game. His adjustment to the awful Flacco throw gave Bal a 21-3 lead then he took the opening KO of the 2nd half for a TD to give them a 28-6 lead. He accounted for 14 pts, the rest of the team 6 pts in the 2nd half. Jones was far and away the most deserving MVP candidate.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The third and inches play sealed the MVP for Joe.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Did Flacco throw any INT's or fumble at any time during the postseason?
    i can't recall any.. He took a couple hits last night that easily could have turned fumble, but he does a great job protecting the football for his team.

20. The 1985er

I'm not arguing against Jones not be deserving. But "it's not really close" are you serious? Flacco did everything that you can ask for from your QB. He made tough clutch throws. He extended plays when the line broke down, I remember a play where it looked like he was gonna lose major yards but he was able to buy enough time and make a throw to Pitta for a 1st down.

Boldin made a tough catch with the DB ripping at the ball, he made a few big catches for 1st downs and had a TD. How was he not deserving?