Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i deny that he is talented. he is not talented, he is not good, he is a scared little bitch who folds up in the pocket every time someone breathes on him.

he sucks, he always has sucked and he will i am sure continue to suck until he and we are put out of our misery.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I have a serious question for the delusional trouser stains in here who actually think Sanchez isn't awful by NFL standards: Do you guys actually watch non-jets games, week in and week out? Or, more to the point, do you watch OTHER quarterbacks play (i.e. quarterbacks other than your inept hero)? The guy is IRREFUTABLY one of the worst decision-makers and one of the most inaccurate passers this league has seen in the last half dozen years.

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Alright Hobbes, since you want me to boil complex situations down for you I'll only put one thought out there at a time:

1) Why do the words of Boomer and Phil Simms mean so much to you, yet you discard the rest of what "experts" say about Sanchez?

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Ok well, that's your anger and frustration talking. As a football player, he's got talent, more than about 99% of the population. The worst NFL player is better than 99% of the population. If you want to be realistic, he's a talented athlete who doesn't have the tools to be a top NFL talent.

But go ahead and keep on being angry and unreasonable.

Regardless of what Hobbes answers to this question, the fact of the matter is that Boomer and Simms are analysts and former QBs. It is their job to find reasons on both sides of the issue. It's called objectivity. Neither has flatly endorsed Sanchez, but both have stated that he didn't have weapons and that the team didn't do him any favors. All true.

But he still sucks.

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

???? What is your point with that question?
    Are you trying to prove my point??
    You said Sanchez didn't have a bad game that day.
    We scored ZERO points ... and he was 16-38. Give him completions on the picks if you want ... 18-38 Zero points.

The answer to your question is 9-0.
    If we score 10 freakin' points we win the game. TEN.
    So I'll ask again ... what in the world is your point?

6. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Did I mention Rodgers? He played against a better defense than nacho did, so thanks for the reminder!

7. alleycat9

i am not interested in where he stands with the rest of society. i am interested where he stands as one of the 32 starting qbs in the nfl. and he stands very very low amongst them.

i dont hate him, i realize he sucks and hate the fact that some people refuse to grasp this fact, i realize you are not one of them and my angst was not directed at you. it was directed at the junc/hobbes crew who will make excuse after excuse for a guy who has never performed.

8. The_Darksider

Well, from that standpoint he definitely sucks. I was only trying to point out that he's got the physical skills, but apparently not the mental ones, or the intangibles.

And I didn't think you were directing it at me - I'm a frustrated darksider too. All good brother.

#268 The_Darksider, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Unlike you and I they played the position, Simms said it in real time, and Boomer after bashing him all year got forced iinto the admission by a caller

10. alleycat9

ok good, i reread it and hoped that wasnt what you thought.

11. The_Darksider

Yeah, got forced into an admission that the team didn't help him out and didin't surround him with talent. But we all completely agree on that point. What about the fact that he regressed so badly this year that he wouldn't have succeeded with Calvin Johnson, AJ Green and Julio Jones out there? I mean, he was over the head of, behind, and generally nowhere near his targets.

Chicken or the egg: was his confidence destroyed by the guys being in the wrong place or was he just not good enough to force them to do what they should? That's a big issue with Sanchez - he doesn't show any leadership, and instead of getting in these guys faces and forcing them to do what they have to, he internalized it and sulks. No one is going to go to the wall for a guy like that.

12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

welcome to the darkside.:lol:

the suckchise assessment from this season:

pre-season: ZERO points scored in fact, only McElroy was able to score points on offense.

Arizona game: same field, opponent. ZERO points , yet McElroy put up one td, and team would have put up 2nd td if greene didn't kneel down on one yard line.

fact: mcelroy was 7th round pick , and cap hit about 550k
    suckchise was 5th pick of round 1, and cost both players and picks in order to trade up to select him. cap hit : 17 millon, just for 2012and 2013 alone, which doesn't count the $ millions he already cost .

rex needs to reboot his hard drive, and tannybum had his wiped out with an eraser program, err, termination.:beer:

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Christ on a cracker Hobbes. I asked one question and you still managed to either dodge or read it incorrectly. This is getting ridiculous.

It is a SIMPLE question.

Why do Boomer and Simms' opinion matter MORE THAN ALL THE OTHER EXPERTS WHO HAVE COMMENTED ON SANCHEZ?

I didn't ask why they mattered more than you or I or anything about when they said what they said. For somebody who doesn't want "unnecessary tripe" you sure added a lot to your little nugget of info.

#273 BeastBeach, Feb 2, 2013
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

to be fair, dilfer has said the jets have the blue print for how to not develope a qb. steve young has said that rex's defense first mentality is a terrible environment to develope a young qb.

so it is not just simms and boomer

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Sure. But Steve Young also went off on how poorly Sanchez played. Dilfer will tell you now that Sanchez needs to work on his mechanics to play better. Nobody is discounting all the other factors at play. But countless experts have commented on how even in the face of all that he should have played better. Bad circumstances don't give you carte blanche to turn the ball over with reckless abandon.

Plus, you must realize my point doesn't end with, or even revolve around, expert opinion. Hardly. This is a small part of my overall argument but Hobbes stated he doesn't like reading more than one thought at a time so I'm doing my best to play along.

#275 BeastBeach, Feb 2, 2013
  16. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I know from a personal account from my boss that Jaws thinks Sanchez is AWFUL. He also broke down game tape for him on his tour at NFL Films showing why Sanchez is terrible. I trust Jaws' opinion of any QB over anyone else's in the media. Maybe you don't, but I consider him to be the premier analyst for QBs.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

yea, i was just inserting that little fact. i am not getting in this any further

* raises hands and backs out slowly*

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I see a strong correlation between experts who are semi-positive(because none are really positive) about Sanchez and experts whose opinion matter to the Sanchez apologists.

If you respect an experts opinion that's one thing, but it is silly to seek out the few experts that have sorta good things to say and act like their opinions are more important than the 98% that don't.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sanchez is far from controlling this directive. Samchez has a lot to prove.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Thank you. This x 1000. Hobbes' opinions are pure lunacy. End of story.

#280 74, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013