Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

well Jay, looks like you'll be playing second fiddle to a whistle pig again this weekend.

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

lololol....jon jon...you are the best bud.

NO UPDATES...Nothing changed. Super Bowl Sunday seems to be on target for a pretty snowy day..all day long. But very light. Pretty interesting set up that the models show constant snow all day and night..but with 2-4 inches for the totals.

Pretty wild what happened in south jersey today. Like the storm that is coming Sunday, todays little clipper came through and exploded right off the coast leaving parts of South Jersey and Maryland with 6-8 inches of snow. Forecast amounts for those areas was 1-3.

Can we get that lucky Sunday? Probably not up here..but on the coasts of LI it could get interesting. Will keep an eye out.

Nothing changed...wimpy storm Tuesday and Friday...but that Valentines day storm continues to show up on ALL the models with a real bomb. Will it stay on the models or go bye bye like so many others this year and last.

Will continue to monitor.

3. jaywayne12

Oh...and since this is jays house of weather and stuff..here is a prediction..gas prices about to spike big time so by your heating oil this week.

Just reading on futures and its showing next 30 days...gas to go back over $4 a gallon.

4. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

And my vacation starts today, great. Spending most of it in Chattanooga, BTW. Third option destination, too much snow and closed roads in the mountains, waited too late to book for the Keys unless you're a millionaire. 4 nights in the riverfront district at the Courtyard across from the giant Tennessee Aquarium. Temps in the mid-50s and partly cloudy. See Rock City, Ruby Falls, Cloudland Canyon, museums and battlefields all on Lookout Mountain overlooking the city, so enough to do for 3 days. Pedestrian bridge over the Tennessee River, and the 36 mile riverwalk, several districts of fine dining and shopping (for wifey) to keep from ever getting bored. At least for 3 days.

So that's it. I wish it were Boone NC instead, but the BRP is pretty much innacessible now, not much use in trying. Parks all closed as well, too much damn snow unless you like skiing. So quit complaining it doesn't snow anymore, you just live in the wrong place this Winter:up:

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay it is pretty sad when we start to get excited over 2 inches of snow huh ? But I guess beggars can't be choosers :beer:

I hope we get a little higher amount so we can have some fun with the kids but either way it should be a fun super Sunday. Have fun all and enjoy,,and I hope you all got decent / the winning # s in your pools :lol:

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Noooooooooo

Jaaaaaay. Please help. We have an 11:30 am flight to Orlando tomorrow. And snow is expected. How bad will this snow be? :(

7. jaywayne12

Worst of it will be gone by then Brook..even so..you will be good to go. This stuff might delay but will not close.

HIKER: You are soooo correct sir. That area has actually done quite well..or poorly..depending what you are looking for. My inlaws are Booneians (lol...I like to throw that at them) and have told me some harsh winter stories about lock downs.

CBG: Tell me about it bud. But we will not lose faith..still kind of shocked looking that the middle of February models. Shows a couple major storms and unlike the rest of this year...lots of agreement from the big gun models too.

Valentines day or around...thats all Im going to say for now.

8. jaywayne12

Quick model update...and all I will say is hmmmm...at the new Friday update. Not sure where the hell that came from but hmmmm. Lets see if its there tomorrow night before we discuss.

Remember, I mentioned tonites little storm...Tuesday little storm..and Friday little storm. Now the European model just spit out a dozy for Friday. But its one run. Lets see.

9. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Jay,

I was wondering why is it that gas in the middle of winter is going back up? I have a feeling that gas will be 5 bucks a gallon this summer at this rate

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay I don't want to start any trouble,,,,I mean I really don't ,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,,wait for it',,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this Friday thing IF it does happen ,,,,and I hope it does and I hope it is a doozy! That said I would like to make a request :up: if it is indeed going to do something ( hopefully something big ) can I ask that it begins Thursday nite :lol:

Me and the kids love 3 day weekends lol

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It was -49 counting wind chill up here on Tuesday, by Friday it became +41 with no wind. Gotta love it.

12. jaywayne12

Im sure there are guys that follow that stuff more than me that might be able to answer that question BM but weather wise..its been really cold over the norther half of the USA and perhaps a bit of supply and demand..really there is not justification for it but its starting to climb.

13. jaywayne12

lol...I will try to move it up.

But there is a big big BIG problem if it does happen and this just goes to show you what a shitty winter.

If the storm merges with the southern branch...its a real possibility this could be a snow to rain even for anyone east of the PA/NJ border.

Its really complicated but to make it simplistic, if the storm does not merge it will stay off to our south and give us snow..but light snow. If it does merge, the storm gets pulled north too early and takes a path just east of the Great Lakes...which is not ideal for us.

Remember..and I have mentioned this a gazillion times...storms rotate counter...COUNTER clockwise right? So if a storm goes to our west...it pulls in air from the south and east. If it goes to our east..counter clock wise right? it pulls air in from the north and east.

You always want that L on the news screen to be below you and to your east. That might be a problem with this storm. MIGHT. But its very close to being something big.

Now with that said, we are entering really favorable patterns over the next 3 weeks with only 1 real warmup in there but storms forming out in the pacific and diving to the gulf of Mexico...ideal for big storms up here.

Valentines Day still looks very very good...as does Feb 18th range.

Running out of time though CBG! Will watch models tonite for Friday and beyond and give another update later tonite.

14. jaywayne12

holy crap Jake...holy crap. How do you do it my friend...I couldnt do it.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dear Jay from Wayne.

I am enjoying sunny Florida with my kids. Things are dandy. One problem though. We are returning back to New Jersey on Friday. And I just checked weather.com and it shows rain/snow for Friday. How bad will this thing be? I am hoping our flights are cancelled so we can enjoy Orlando one more day :)

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It sucks. I cherish summers.

17. jaywayne12

Really have to keep an eye on this brook. Its possible. Problem is there is no models that agree with another. Right now, here is the possibilities:

1. Light snow event and flights could be slightly delayed but ok.

2. Snow turns to rain and this would mean a much stronger storm with high winds and rain so delays galore.

3. Snowstorm with delays/cancellations.

I would go with percentage wise, 30....60....10 respectively. Now that 10%...number 3 could go up drastically if tonites Euro model shows it again for the 3rd straight time. I just think that model will go to number 2. Will not be up for it but will update tomorrow. Enjoy the great weather down there!!

JAKE: I can imagine buddy..wow...summer cant come fast enough up there.

18. jaywayne12

oh..and CBG..the good news is that storm will start Thursday night...so if it SOMEHOW turns to a snow event..that 3 day thing can happen.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Now your talking :beer:

But

We certainly are running outta time !

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Local guy just said that Fridays storm ( what a shocker huh ) will stay south of us. A await Jays update :up: