Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So Schotty and Sparano are decent OCs?

That's your contention, and injuries to to Holmes,Hill, and Keller....leading to skill position players named Gates,Gilyard, and Reuland are also inconsequential.

Guy went to, and performed in big time spots along the way to 2 AFCCgs in his first two years,

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Hi Hobbes.

Are you ever going to get around to those posts where I hold your feet to the fire or are you going to continue ducking me.

I'm good either way. I just need to know what kind of man I'm dealing with for future reference.

I'll even paste them in this thread so we can stop derailing the Revis one.

3. Hobbes3259

Instead of going Big Blocker, just post your questions...

I'm more than happy to discuss.

I don't want to wade through 6 paragraphs of tripe to do it is all.....

4. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

That's all it is. Excuse after excuse. At some point, he's gotta be accountable, but until he has a perfect cast around him, you guys will never just let it go. He is just no good. I don't care why he's not good, but he's not! Other areas of the team could be greatly improved, but he's just as much of a liability as any of those guys. But he gets a pass, AGAIN, because we drafted him 5th overall. If he were not drafted so high, he would have been tossed to the curb by now, not given an extension.

5. Hobbes3259

Of course he does.

And this year it happens. Tanny was held accountable after HIS OC decisions didn't pan out.

Mohrinwheg is a bona fide OC...are you saying repeat the Gholston error, before you try fixing the coaching staff.

Guy has four road playoff wins, and even this season, played well considering the variables. Even Boomer admitted it on the air.

I guess you're just somehow more insightful than a guy that actually did the job, and not unbalanced by being pissed off as a fan?

6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

No doubt about it. Junc plays the "what if" card very well when it suits him, and then when it doesn't suit him, it's "that happens in football".

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I thought Schotty leaving was a way for us to see who was really holding the other back. But are people STILL saying that the OC is to blame for Sanchez ineffective play.

I kinda want Sanchez to start just so we can see him shit the bed under MM, then they'll be saying Marty sucks worse than Schotty and Sparano.

"we need to find an oc that will call the right plays to make Mark an effective QB" they say this yet they fail to realize that the QB and the players has to execute the plays.

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Oh ... is that how it works? He completed 16 passes out of 38 attempts and led us to ZERO points ... BUT, he "outplayed" Rodgers so let's give him a gold star. Great game Mark. Put that one in the GOOD column.

Sure the two INT's were terrible calls. But the fact is, we got the ball back twice late in the 4th Q, still only down 6-0 and he completed 1 pass out of 7 attempts with the game on the line. Yeah ... Great job. Just what you want from your QB.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

wow hobbes, it just gets more looney everytime I check in here. oh Boomer said this, who cares? Just cuz he was a qb doesn't mean he's right. Some of the worst analysts out there are former players. Steve Young, Dilfer, Lucas, all qb's that said the exact opposite, so what about that. He did NOT play well. Even considering the situation. The situation was a big turd of a mess and in the face of that he wasnt able to keep it afloat, he took the team on a spiral down the toilet into the sewer. I've always rooted for Sanchez, I'd love to see a comeback but all things considered he still played like garbage last year. FACT. And you're still trying to say he played well? Why does he miss on every deep ball? Why does he stare down recievers? Why can't he hit a screen pass? Why does he throw into triple coverage? Why was he benched then? Why are we looking at bringing journeyman backups like matt moore to be our starting qb? Why is buttfumble a word now? This is why I generally ignore anything you write and I'd encourage others on here to do the same.

#249 74, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  10. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

say sanchez comes back, earns the job, and turns into a very good quarterback. will tannenbaum get praised for essentially forcing the jets to keep sanchez?

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Say Jews all turn into robots that try to destroy the planet, does that make Hitler a good guy?

12. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

He's been awful for 4 seasons, though. I would agree if he were an okay QB that showed glimpses of being a high-end QB. But no, he's a low level QB who has shown glimpses of being at best, decent. That's not something to hang your hat on. And what do you do with him after this year if he performs decently? You sign him to another extension?? He's a JAG getting paid like a superstar. I know he has 4 road playoff wins, and I'm never taking that away from him. He performed very well in those games. He looked like an above average NFL QB for those brief stints, but it's too few and far between for 4 years.

Schotty wasn't a good OC, but he could have succeeded under him and with those teams. The offense and defense were both better then. I think Schotty was better than Hackett, and I'd take Chad Pennington 10 times out of 10. And even he wasn't that good. You're telling me that Chad Penningtons aren't a dime a dozen out there? They absolutely are, and they're better than Sanchez. I thought Boomer said no one could have succeeded under Sparano? Well, that was one year, and I was someone pissed off that he even got an extension so I didn't want this one year.

The point is Sanchez has been a flop since day one. He didn't take the team to the playoffs in his first two years. The team took HIM to the playoffs. He played well there, but let's not pretend like he was even close to being a reason that we were there. He was the reason we had to be lucky to be there in the first year (he's a rookie then, so that's alright).

He has shown no indications that he is a capable starting NFL QB. Yet we give him a stupid contract extension and he gets a longer leash than almost every other struggling QB in the history of the NFL. Not to mention he's worse than most of those guys that got shorter leashes. Go ahead and compare the numbers, but he's Joey Harrington. You just fail to see it.

13. Hobbes3259

Final s ore of that game?

14. Hobbes3259

A couple of small points here...

Chorty was not better than Hackett. Not even close.

And Penny was light years ahead of Nacho, in terms of development.

Last Nacho has been awful in stretches, but played HUGE in spots, especially big ones.
    That says....he's talented,and needs to be coached up.

Look...I keep saying don't take my word for it...log watch weeks one and ten, where he's doing everything MM is going to ask him to do....that's why I keep going back to those two games.

15. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

We got beat 9-0! Well the defense did its part, but as usual against a good defense, nacho sucked! Yea he can help us with his mediocrity when we play chump defenses, but no matter how good we r on d, taco is a boy among men! Defending this chump so relentlessly if futile, he sucks as an NFL Qb! Facts are facts!

16. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

hacket sucked and did very little for chad! Show us please how he showed you that he is a big game player! He is a chump! He had one, maybe two average games during the 6 playoff games. He was carried by the team, and hurt our chances a lot more than he helped our chances. Even when the offense was so dumbed down, he played like any below average Qb would during his "playoff wins". His stats prove he sucked! If we didnt have a good run game and a killer defense in 09 and 10, his play would look like this year. Get over the man love, he sucks!

17. Hobbes3259

9-0

With bad calls on turnovers in key spots.

So Rodgers lit us up?

18. Hobbes3259

Schotty neve produced a game like Hackett did, regularly,. Hacketts shining moment was the trouncing of Manning in the playoffs, but he was always consistent, and understood the nuances of Modern offense in a way Schotty has never taken the time to be bothered with.

And in those playoff games, there were several instances (like hitting Edwards down the right sideline in Indy, to beat Manning,or going into NE to beat Brady) where the guy has come up huge.

Denying it just makes you look like a hater.

He's very talented.

But he's still green. Carroll got that right.

I'm glad he came out early, because I think he's workable, and his production on this level has shown that.

As I pointed out even Esiasion was forced to admit on the air, that would have been nearly IMPOSSIBLE for any QB to succeed given these variables..now I didn't play the position in the NFL, maybe you did...but I know Boomer did...so I think his observation carries some weight.

19. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Hobbes.....I don't think anyone denies that he's talented. Guys without talent don't make it to the pros. The problem is he's, at this moment in time, a shell of what he was expected to be. He's still doing the things he did as a rookie - staring down his receivers, forcing the ball into coverage, showing very little leadership ability, etc - and, quite frankly, it doesn't matter much whether it's that he sucks or that the Jets didn't develop him correctly. The fact of the matter is, he's not getting the job done.

20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This is a strawman argument and an extremely poor one, at that. Associating my argument with a group of people deemed "AVERAGE" is just a lame attempt to avoid having to respond to my argument with anything concrete (Obviously you have nothing concrete worth writing). The fact of the matter is, YOU are the one evaluating Sanchez's performance (YEARS AGO, btw) based solely on a TEAM statistic (wins) while disregarding his INDIVIDUAL performance. Your position is inherently illogical.

#260 slimjasi, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013